[Feedback] AAR is a bit too strong after all the buffs and needs to be adjusted

I’d rather see an improvement to the health gain of Spirit, personally.

2 Likes

This isn’t an MMO, don’t nerf things that don’t need to be. SO what if it’s OP? People use mods to give themselves modded gear and OP themselves, how do you nerf that? I’m a legit player besides QoL mods, and I like AAR and it’s uberness. There’s plenty of other things that should be fixed without nerfing stuff. IMO

2 Likes

I’m not advocating for any AAR nerf except maybe Clairvoyant, but the devs don’t have this mentality. It doesn’t matter if the game is not a MMO. If something is actually OP, then it gets nerfed.

You don’t because those people aren’t playing the way the devs intended. Only unintended OP design gets nerfed, not modded content.

I spend 90% of this run in one spot near the middle of the crucible, and 90% of enemies get vaporized before they even get close.

Honestly, i just want AAR nerfs at this point just to hear the cries of anguish when people start claiming it’s dead. Like Rune of Hagarrad.

90% of the time

You sure did move a lot for seemingly 90% of the time in the middle of the crucible.

1 Like

There’s a big difference between balancing an overperforming skill, and over-nerfing it.

I moved to line enemies up to kill them faster. And I barely left the square.

@Norzan: That first second in the video is IMO evidence enough that AAR needs some rebalancing

You kill a bunch of weak enemies before they reach you. That’s the most basic thing a build needs to do. That’s evidence of nothing.

Damn, enemies in Crucible have like a quarter of the health of enemies in the main campaign. Human reflective hero dies to a 235k crit.

1 Like

Sure, and I kill those 4 ugdenbog golems in 2 seconds

father kymon + kuba + ekket’zul in 11s

Reaper + aleksander + zantarin in about 14s.

What’s your point?

@norzan: Have you ever played unbuffed/unbannered crucible?

With enemy health that low and broken Crucible buffs, that’s actually slow as shit.

1 Like

Okay @norzan. Show me a build of yours capable of hitting those clear times.

And if it’s so slow, why is this a 5:26 clear?

EDIT: I wish we had forum signatures :rofl:

This is pure gold

You realize that’s from one AAR tick, yes?

And that it hits ~6 times a second?

Also, I’d love a reply to this.

I agree that buffs/banners are cheesy. But if you’re going to trivialise gladiator 170, you should IMO at least have accomplished this.

Gotta walk the walk, and all that jazz.

Sounds more to me those Crucible buffs need a nerf. :scorv:

I really just want to see the world burn.

Lol, i was just being cheeky and not very serious.

2 Likes

@norzan: I personally dgaf about nerfs to cruci buffs/banners. I play mostly naked crucible.

BTW: That clear time is with me forgetting to use SBoE’s -10% lightning RR

I had to train myself to remember to do that in my Lightning AAR.

To be actually serious about the topic, i’d say if anything AAR related has to be nerfed is Clairvoyant and the specific Lightning AAR items since those two seem to be the most notable cases.

Starting cutting directly from the source, the skil itself, is not a good idea in my opinion. Let’s adjust the biggest culprits first and then go from there. Kneejerking is not a good thing.

2 Likes

^ This. How about we get rid of these flat sources of damage added to the skill via items? Conversion should carry these classes pretty well just by themselves.

Don’t neuter the base skill please!

Unpopular opinion: Change conversion of fire to lightning to something else so Lightning AAR can’t be pure without some other means. Clairvoyant gets some Vitality conversion, why does Lightning get full conversion? :thinking:

Maybe do the same for Fire AAR as well…

Make you work for the conversion! :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t nerf AAR please. Don’t encourage them either, I’m tired of them. Last patch was incredible.

1 Like

Just use mods if you want to play with broken items.

@Ceno

Allagast Mage Hunters shit all over Blademasters in just about everything. Unless it’s a broken Shattered/Reaver Claw BM it’s not even close. Spanks’ version is indeed on the squishier side, but he just likes to play them this way.

You can take @Dmt’s Mage Hunter, she builds caster-tanks that smash deep shards.

It’s been a caster’s meta since forever.

So… BETS ON!

I bet base skill is gonna get nerfed like hell. Screw the weaker dmg types!

I bet on slight nerfs to base skill (justified imo despite community outcry) and some considerable nerfs to Clayrvoiant (totally justified, giving a permanent proc of 200% damage and 10% OA to a crit heavy build is way too much).

As long as the nerf to clairvoyant is specific to AAR I’m okay with it. I don’t think the other skills its meant to support are overperforming