Allagast’s Mage Hunter used to be a meme since Allagast set appeared… For now.
GT link and in-game stats (Deadly Aim is active)
Skills and devotions explanation
Classic lightning devotions map, nothing special, but a few points:
- Rhowan’s Crown is better here for more RR as soon as Arcanist doesn’t have its own RR.
- No Giant, but Ghoul. We have 3 skills with WD, so Ghoul heals us supergood.
- No Bat - hard to proc, no conversion for pierce/vitality.
- Softcapping main Arcanist tricks - Mirror of Ereoctes, Nullification and Inner Focus;
- Maxing main damage skills - Trozan’s Sky Shard and Storm Box of Elgoloth;
- Softcapping Steel Resolve and Arcane Improvement for res and more damage
- 17 points in Word of Renewal for more DA and solid self heal. You may drop it for 3rd nod of Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange line to have more crit damage.
Gear explanation and alternatives
Note: first of all, I don’t use items for aether->lightning conversion. I tried different setups and found this one is the most convenient and all-around.
Note 2: craft at least two items for slow res
- Allagast’s set is a must obviously;
- Amulet is craftable. Coven’s faction has a blueprint.
- I found double Allagast’s rings the best for the build with its juicy res and bonuses. You may use Mythical Glyph of the Storm Witch, Coven Sky Seal;
- Parts of Eastern set support Trozan’s Sky Shard. You should get them pretty easy as soon as it’s epic items;
- Belt can be replaced with Mythical Phantom-Thread Girdle, Mythical Scales of Beronath or Mythical Cord of Deception;
- As an alternative for medal you may take Mythical Mark of Calamitous Desires or Coven Mark of the Arcane;
- Relic is arguable here. For more DPS the best choice is Ignaffar’s Combustion/ Eternity. But I am a big Shattered Realm fan, so I chose Bane for more consistency
- Offhand can be switched to Mythical Iskandra’s Texts, Mythical Tome of the Arcane Wastes, Farath’s Cube or Rolderathis’ Tome with good rolls.
Setups without Bane is more skill and positioning dependent, but still very resilient.
Bane setup is a bit slower, but tougher.
Avoid Alex’s meteors. That’s all. Really. I made this build for SR specifically, so Crucible is quite easy for Bane setup. However, playing with different relic, you should pay attention to your position. Stay in seal, use Mirror and Nullification smartly.
I like so much playing SR with this build, 'cause it has different defence mechanics (Aura of Cencure, Maiven’s Sphere ect.), red button in form of Mirror of Ereoctes and Nuliification. Moreover, build doesn’t loose much damage while kiting.
- Keep Storm Box of Elgoloth and Aether Corruption on heroes, bosses and Nemesis;
- Spam your TSS;
- Use Nullification to clera debuffs from yourself and buffs from enemies;
- Use Mirror vs. Alex’s meteor, and The Steward with his nuke ability (he rises his hands before using).
- Advice vs. Reaper of the Lost: facetank untill Reaper summons ghosts. After 1-2 seconds use Mirror of Ereoctes. At the end of the Mirror use Nullification.
- Do not facetank Kubacabra, the Endless Menace. This beast has charged attack that becomes more efficient with each charge and spawns Crimson Pools that heals Kuba.