[Feedback] AAR is a bit too strong after all the buffs and needs to be adjusted

@norzan: I personally dgaf about nerfs to cruci buffs/banners. I play mostly naked crucible.

BTW: That clear time is with me forgetting to use SBoE’s -10% lightning RR

I had to train myself to remember to do that in my Lightning AAR.

To be actually serious about the topic, i’d say if anything AAR related has to be nerfed is Clairvoyant and the specific Lightning AAR items since those two seem to be the most notable cases.

Starting cutting directly from the source, the skil itself, is not a good idea in my opinion. Let’s adjust the biggest culprits first and then go from there. Kneejerking is not a good thing.

2 Likes

^ This. How about we get rid of these flat sources of damage added to the skill via items? Conversion should carry these classes pretty well just by themselves.

Don’t neuter the base skill please!

Unpopular opinion: Change conversion of fire to lightning to something else so Lightning AAR can’t be pure without some other means. Clairvoyant gets some Vitality conversion, why does Lightning get full conversion? :thinking:

Maybe do the same for Fire AAR as well…

Make you work for the conversion! :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t nerf AAR please. Don’t encourage them either, I’m tired of them. Last patch was incredible.

1 Like

Just use mods if you want to play with broken items.

@Ceno

Allagast Mage Hunters shit all over Blademasters in just about everything. Unless it’s a broken Shattered/Reaver Claw BM it’s not even close. Spanks’ version is indeed on the squishier side, but he just likes to play them this way.

You can take @Dmt’s Mage Hunter, she builds caster-tanks that smash deep shards.

It’s been a caster’s meta since forever.

So… BETS ON!

I bet base skill is gonna get nerfed like hell. Screw the weaker dmg types!

I bet on slight nerfs to base skill (justified imo despite community outcry) and some considerable nerfs to Clayrvoiant (totally justified, giving a permanent proc of 200% damage and 10% OA to a crit heavy build is way too much).

As long as the nerf to clairvoyant is specific to AAR I’m okay with it. I don’t think the other skills its meant to support are overperforming

When did I say otherwise?

Thanks for the build though, I’ll check it out.

No adcth ShAARttered spec clears naked crucible in 9:15 like a God.

Zantai, if you’re reading this, please remember that it’s 2 OP things working in conjunction here which allows the build to pull this off. ^^

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZeK3gQ2

@BOG : this is an AAR spec using heavy armor with little energy regen with one negligible energy reduction mod on the gloves.

Energy is rarely an issue with the arcanist.

Now try with no Bat Fangs. :stuck_out_tongue:

Obviously I need some form of sustain :stuck_out_tongue:

But I imagine if I played it perfectly, I could pull it off without fangs. I’d maybe get ghoul + will of fallen king to bump my HP back to 100% when it procs

How does that timing usually translate into 3+1, spanky, based on your experience, cause I think fire with might just be stronger than that, considering the set doesn’t have any competition with fire aar mods.

@x1x1x1x2 9-10 minute clears usually translate to the 6:30 - 6:45 range.

But if you’re going buffed/bannered, you can very easily squeeze in more damage and probably bring the clear time down to 6min or so.

EDIT: The only reason why i went for aether AAR was because I wanted to see how tanky I could make the spec without relying on pulsing shard.

The video says it all.

Unfortunately that logic isn’t reversible, because it’s not crate’s intention to make an unbalanced game.

EDIT: Which is why they allow for mods so that people can play the game however they want.

In other words, use mods if you want to play with OP stuff

How is the skill unbalanced? Do you all want to return to base AAR? I 'member the pain of using it.

Cyclone set is more OP than AAR alone, I still can make high SR with that set.

EDIT: cyclone deserves a nerf more than AAR needs it

1 Like

Apologies if this sounds condescending, it’s not my intention to be rude - just direct.

1. You are conflating 2 things - (i) reigning back an overperforming skill/item/whatever; (ii) Over-nerfing said thing

When did I ever say that I want AAR to be brought back to its original state? In fact, I made a huge thread pushing for penetration on AAR:

1. Whether another item is more or less OP than AAR has no bearing on this discussion. And for the record, if your AAR spec is performing worse than your cyclone spec, you’re doing something wrong.

Without a GT, this claim is unfortunately unfounded and thus based on your subjective opinion.

Which is totally fine by the way. Nothing wrong with having an opinion.

But you cannot expect anyone to take this claim seriously.

It’s really funny that people complained for years about the lack of sustain and AoE but then it gets it and now people want the skill to be nerfed.

Well only the forum people really. I remember when it first got fixed the damage was terrible and people were complaining underpowered yada yada yada.