[Feedback] AAR is a bit too strong after all the buffs and needs to be adjusted

I think it needs a slight buff :boom:

5 Likes

@drazac dunno if sanctified bone should be removed actually…A lot of builds rely on them, and they do force players to give up other valuable component slots.

E.g. OA/DA on stat starved specs. Relevant RR on non vit/chaos builds. etc.

Why?

Spirit dumps can be made only to Arcanist builds and spirit % boost from inner focus is currently the most compelling reason to use that class as support. But even traditional Arcanist builds like TSS, PRM or AAR are much better with moderate or high investment.

+1 to this

Not true. AAR Arcanists cannot be generalized in this way - Warlocks don’t have the luxury of Spirit dumps since they are DA starved and need to Physique dump instead, which ends up hurting their Energy Regen as an aside…

The other problem with the vast majority of these discussions is that they are Crucible-focused, so there is always some sort of tunnel vision going on here. Talking about how characters have no Energy problems is limited to having tons of monsters casting at you in the Crucible allowing you to absorb the energy cost from their skills.

Try that in the Main Campaign and you’ll see it doesn’t work that way… :crazy_face:

1 Like

TBH, I’ve played low DA warlocks, and because of maiven’s/possession, they become super tanky. So DA isn’t AS important imo.

I also think that with incredible resists from the warlock (acid, chaos, vitality, aether, phys), you can actually stack lots of dreeg omen augments which help mitigate DA loss from spirit dump

This. Not to mention possible Ulauin buff.
But sustaining energy in SR and MC is another question…

1 Like

That just means that your builds are underoptimized, that is all.

You can get Arcane Harmony pants + 3x Arcanum Dust +2x Ravager’s Eye and you already have a shit ton of DA. Also, if you invest into Bloody Pox - Wasting you can easily play at 2800 DA or even bit less. But anyway, 30% cost reduction from Seal of An. + capped Alacrity is enough. Like I am yet to see AAR Arcanist that struggles with mana, maybe you can show me one.

Most Crucible runs are done without Ulzuin’s Buff. And please show me AAR Arcanist build that struggles with energy in SR or Campaign.

Then why would you want to put points into spirit? Physique grants more HP and DA, while spirit - only negligible damage bonus.

Because it’s pure (far from negligible) damage and it’s synergizes well with Arcanist %Spirit bonuses. Getting infinite energy is a cherry on top.

@BoG:

Just like that, I have gained as much magic damage from 37 stat points as I would from a typical T3 devotion.

I have gained 100% energy regen + 4 flat regen, as well as a sizeable increase in my energy pool and HP pool almost equivalent to that provided from a conduit.

This isn’t true per se.

Stats are interchangeable, in that you should invest accordingly to what you need. but you already know this :stuck_out_tongue:

So if I have 1000% physique bonus, I’ll have more than enough DA, and HP for defence, and will be able to equip my gear without actually needing to invest into physique.

Thus I’m now free to do a spirit dump which will more or less bring my spirit total to a level similar to that of an arcanist.

2 Likes

That isn’t true…

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zDvRAZ

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2m6YklV

Obviously the first thing you do is garauntee sufficient survivability.

(I don’t necessarily have anything against going non-Physique but I always get a kick out of how bad the comparison between the stats is.)

Way too squishy for my tastes.

Blademaster is a different story though. % Physique/Health and -% Requirements is a wild ride. Still lower armor than I like.

1 Like

Lol. You haven’t even tried it.

I assure you it isn’t.

The blademaster is 10 times squishier

Actually I have, and it is. Trozan’s is one of the few caster archetypes I really enjoy.

I didn’t emulate the build point-for-point, though; I opted for further defensiveness with more Seal investment, for instance, and I don’t take Prismatic Diamond…ever…because it’s garbage for campaign.

I don’t think my last Trozan build used Shadow Queen but I don’t imagine it contributes much to this particular conversation.

E: TL;DR is I haven’t been a fan of Allaghast’s in a while because Stormbox is wonky to work with and its health pool is much too limited for so little sustain.

TBH, the seal thing was something I was experimenting with.

I normally don’t even run inqui seal because I’m killing things so fast that I literally am constantly on the hunt.

This is what I run in naked crucible: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2g9regZ

You can literally 3-shot aleksander

Get back to me when you try Aleks when he has 9.5x his Crucible health. :wink:

1 Like

I dunno how deep into SR one must go for that…but

Yup, spirit stats need to be buffed next patch. Increasing all of its granted %damage, flat energy Regen, and %energy Regen should do it!

Or do you mean to Nerf physique instead?

1 Like