[Feedback] AAR is a bit too strong after all the buffs and needs to be adjusted

Imagine asking to nerf a giant death laser.

Leave the base skill alone, touch up items. NEXT!

2 Likes

Imagine constantly nerfing complex builds that were created and min-maxed by the best builders and piloted by the best pilots but not nerfing cookie cutter builds based around one broken skill.

Oh wait

2 Likes

Random tangent (apologies in advance) - but the cinematics and videography in mad max was top notch

Flame spewing guitar bro was the best

Here is a video of Black Flame Chaos AAR Warlock doing 3 crucible runs (average damage of AAR is around 49000 without standing on Black Flame seal of power - so while standing on it, probably around 55000 average damage). With that amount of damage, it still isn’t able to clear it below 8 minute mark

Please, leave skill as is and consider adding chaos support items to match the power level as close as possible with AAR aether/lightning counterparts

It took years for Zantai to upgrade AAR from trash skill, to a fun and viable one, exactly what we have now. For builds that are performing crucible times around 5:30 minute mark, I suggest to be happy that you have completed your build and that your character has reached its end goal, so just move on

EDIT: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26qyg8N

4 Likes

Chaos AAR Warlock is capable of 7 minute clears. Either you are piloting it badly or your build is suboptimal.

The problem is that you chose to go warlock. You trade fire power for incredible durability.

But yes. Chaos AAR shouldn’t be touched.

@mad_lee: Do you mean magehunter? Or warlock?

Warlock. Extra Spawn in 7:20 or so, standard around 7 or so.

Why are you replying to me? That’s essentially what I argued.

It doesn’t sound like all aspects of AAR are overperforming, just specific builds. So I don’t think it’s wise to tone down the base skill. Addressing ADCTH mods (possibly adding some to underperforming AAR sets) on global slots I think would make the most sense as a first measure.

Edit: Expanding off this: Damage seems fine from what I can tell (granted, I am not a Crucible player, nor a guy who plays many casters, and of those casters, rarely AAR), but reducing the “stand in place” viability of AAR’s ADCTH healing mechanism means one sacrifices damage and time to kite from place to place. A balance should be struck between being able to top off lighter hits and being able to ignore larger chunks. A piercing ray that can strike multiple targets 8 times a second (?) necessitates lower ADCTH values than are ordinarily distributed.

2 Likes

Apologies. Clicked the wrong button

you also forgot to present your grimtools. Kind of makes your whole argument irrelevant.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26qyg8N

sorry, mate, no offense but that spec is far from optimal. Quite a few things that you did wrong here and that are gimping your build.

This build squeezes AAR average damage and crit damage as much as possible. Care to tell me in private message, what did I do “wrong”?

sure, I will

EDIT: did send you a message

1 Like

I agree with lee. The spec in the GT is sub-optimal

My dude…can you hook a chinese brother up with whatever it is you’re puffin’?

Here you go my human brother.

Focus on squeezing as much AAR damage as possible:

Damage in Campaign

Damage in Crucible with 4 boosters (whatever they are called) and no totem
3 4

@drazac
If you want to talk raw damage…

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWORv0V

Your build also has:

1. 24% less racial damage to undead
  2. 24% less racial damage to cthonics
  3. 25% less racial damage to aetherials
  4. 7% less phys res

So…yeah. Still waiting for it :stuck_out_tongue:

Not trying to be condescending, but I suggest learning more about gameplay mechanics. GDstashing double rare greens isn’t always the solution to more damage.

@drazac: Might also be worth testing ignaffar’s combustion relic here. Perhaps 10% passive RR might beat out eldritch pact

Speak of yourself, my Arcanist builds dont dump any points into spirit.

Thank you for your feedback. I can see now the error in my ways. Much appreciated

@Zantai Solution for AAR is to leave it as is, but get rid of items that give enormous racial bonus such as Sanctified bone as they are the real culprit in this story. 24% more damage against toughest bosses in game, just from two components alone, ridiculous … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :kissing_heart:

1 Like