[Feedback] AAR is a bit too strong after all the buffs and needs to be adjusted

So in your opinion, the spec relies mostly on adcth to survive?

adtch plus huge damage, both single target and aoe. Like you can line up all nemesis in Crucible or you can focus on one big baddy and wipe out all the nasty debuff heroes behind him.

But seriously, try random Conduit, maybe I am wrong and you can survive just fine with health potions.

Assuming you don’t opt for cheesy adcth, I think you’d lose way more defence if you kept the conduit, and gave up bubbles + max res

Well, that’s what I am saying. Take your build, but change Conduit to another Conduit (like acid TSS or whatever). You gonna have exactly same build minus adtch. And see how it works.

I’d do it if I could keep the damage on AAR

I don’t think it’s a fair test otherwise

It’s going to be the same damage. 24% weapon damage is about ~20, 25 flat total in AAR’s whole damage. So like 3-4% or something.

People suggested for literally years to add ADCTH to it. Mad_Lee himself made a thread suggesting to add ADCTH to it and it was added shortly after.

It was like that for years and people kept saying it was the worst skill in the game. Piercing and ADCTH are the two things a lot of people suggested for years to AAR.

No. it was a terrible skill because of its single target mechanic

People suggested piercing, I’m not sure when adcth came into the picture, but the mod on pulsing shard was around in AoM IIRC

As far as I’m concerned, I’ve never pushed for adcth on AAR.

No, it was bad because survivability was nigh non-existant without sustain (reminder that the 24% weapon damage already existed before ADCTH and piercing to AAR). The lack of AoE was its other major issue, but the former was much bigger. I know this because AAR without piercing but with ADCTH is actually pretty good.

It’s really funny that people complained for years about the lack of sustain and AoE but then it gets it and now people want the skill to be nerfed.

1 Like

In which end game challenge? If its celestials, then yes, I’d agree with you because its a 1v1. But when I did an AAR spec, it was mostly devastation doing work

Also, no one’s complaining about the AoE here, really…

In fact, I’m the only one complaining about the adcth. And it’s not like I was advocating for it before either

What is so funny about it? It’s not the first time Zantai overbuffs something and then adjusts it with nerfs thru several patches.

Sustain and pierce thru are great, and they should remain the same or increased. It’s flat damage on the skill that makes it overpowered.

This is the reason that it actually is good now, and numerous builds can take advantage of all the cool colored lasers they took time to give us… would be a bad move to remove either

Right, I’m not advocating for adcth to be removed, I just think there should be a damage penalty on items granting adcth to aar

Maybe they if it were small? Like half the amount in total damage reduction vs the leech.

But it’s the flat damage mods stacking to huge numbers mainly imo

What do we do with weapon damage conduit that enables most AAR builds and is preferred by most to adtch amulet Essence of Grim Dawn? Add penalty to that too?

Idk just saying… I’m not in favor of it, but playing devil’s advocate

of course, feel free to disagree with me.

i could very well be overlooking another solution.

What do you think about reducing flat damage numbers on the base skill and on Disintegration? Or reducing %crit damage? It has super high flat damage give its mechanic. And also absurdly high crit.

Maybe that’s exactly it - lower the crit value!

Make it hit only 1 target