[Feedback] Aether Shamans or lack thereof

So we have 4 items that support Aether Shaman skills. Conduits for Savagery, Storm Totem and Primal Strike as well as the new offhand Scion of Celestial Portents. These items are great, or they would be if there was any gear to support them.
There are all of two (2) items in the game that adds modifier to Shaman skills that have % Aether damage on them with the Scion being one of them, the other is a Pet Ritualist helmet.

I propose that all Shaman gear gets % aether damage added to it so these items are usable. Elemental and Lightning > Aether conversions can take care of the flat I suppose but flat Aether is fine too.

Maybe consider giving a small amount of Aether RR to Wind Devil (Raging Tempest) as base so builds that can’t/don’t use the Scion don’t get hurt too much?

Ironically, if Light’s Defender had %aether it would had supported aether totems, aether jacks and aether stormbox as well.

As for Primal Strike only Ultos comes to mind, and honestly I want Ultos to double down on supporting phys primal strike with either avenger crusher or that phys PS crossbow. Notably I want phys to lightning conversion to be transferred to 5pc set bonus and an equal amount of %phys to %lightning.

As for Savagery - pretty tough request since Lightning Savagery isn’t supported much to begin with, lightning retal aside.

Adding -%aether RR to WD won’t make Shaman an appealing aether class because we have an example of Demolitionist and Inquisitor already - they have -% RR but no strong aether skills or %aether buffs.

If one seriously wants to have Shaman support aether then besides adding native -%aether some sort of aether skill and %aether damage is needed. A beautiful solution would be a transmuter for Wendigo Totem that would change damage type to aether and swap aura to one that would provide %aether damage (similar to how Guardians of Empyrion work). But I doubt something of that magnitude would be considered.

Really, just adding % Aether damage to some items that currently lack it will be a big help on supporting some of these builds.

For example, M. Quickening Gem has skill bonuses to all 3 caster skills mentioned, casting speed and a decent amount of resistances. It getting +% Aether damage wouldn’t be that far-fetched either as Storm Box can support Aether through the transmuter without any end game gear like the Conduits.

Finding items to support Savagery or Primal Strike in the same way on the other hand is harder.

There is a build amongst my group that looks pretty good in this respects. It is a alla vindicator and our group member, as of last night, was in SR 50’s but was saying that it requires a lot of kiting and good piloting. Don’t know what the gear was outside of the scion off hand and alla set but as I believe mentioned above has issues converting lightning to aether without making too many compromises.

To the comment about aether in light’s justice. This is paramount to the best comment I seen in regards to sets. I hope Z does this and adds aether to the set.

Sounds like a good idea to me!

11 Likes

Aether Jacks Light’s Defender Defiler coming through! pogchamp

But wait, the final set bonus has physical to lightning for Stun Jacks. That conflicts with the Demolitionist Conduit Aether Stun Jacks mod.

Change the conduit to 300% phys to aether? It would allow the electrocute bonus to still work

Hmm, how about totally change SJ dmg to lightning? As physical SJ is a meme and we have Beronath sword. Also, 30-40% chance to pass through enemies is a good buff.

Great news :+1: Another thing that I forgot to mention is that a lot of aether items don’t have any attack speed (just cast speed since they’re caster items), which makes building around the melee conduits even harder so that’s something else to consider.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.