[Feedback] Blazerush Elementalist feedback

Blazerush Elementalist was one of my builds posted long ago [1.1.4.2] (2H Melee) Fury of the Wild - Blazerush Elementalist [c+] [sr] but fallen from grace and was lost and forgotten. I tried to make it some time ago again and see how it was going (spoiler: it sucks).
The GT I used: Elementalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

About results: made 8 crucible runs, finished one.

Timer and success rate speak of themselves. Grava killed me 5 times out of 7 failed runs, also was killed by MQ and Alex.

The problems about this build/weapon:

• Grava exists. He’s an ultraboss for 95% li/fire melee builds, both dw and 2h. His fumble pools make you miss a ton of attacks, he deals high damage, and paired with IM he can kill you very fast. Also DR and disrupt on top of everything. Moreover, Grava’s fumble pools don’t disappear after his death and still debuff you (at least in cr).
  • Low OA for Upheaval. Even having 15%+140 OA on ammy and tempest of attack belt you result at 3400 OA at best which is bad. For Upheaval you need kinda like 400-500 OA more.
  • No conversion for Savagery, very limited li>fire options, like one ugly ring and green chest.

what do I suggest?

• first, delete Grava from this game for god’s sake buff the weapon itself. Change the Upheaval conversion/bonus to Savagery one, or maybe replace wd to VM with it. Change %armor to some fat flat OA, like 150-180.
  • maybe nerf Grava’s polls a bit more and make them disappear after his death immediately.

any other suggestions and thoughts are welcomed.

4 Likes

No Ground Smash and its DR? It might help a bit against Grava and Maiden :thinking:.

A thought. 2H melee Fire/Lightning builds indeed have tough times against Grava, especially with life-leech only as a tool of sustain. At least we can kite its fumble pools (not like Morgoneth for Aether/Lightning :rage:).

This build reminds me of @Slev1n’s super-fun 1.1.9.3 Upheaval Warder, when Savagery had +1 target when completing the M. Ultos set. I’ve been looking for a way to replicate it and the Barthollem’s Warmaul offers +4(!) targets to Fire Strike. I’m horrible at theory crafting and devotion planning–and this solves nothing with Blazerush–but perhaps this could lead to a similar intended outcome?

I swapped out the weapon, helmet, and a ring with what I think could be BiS. The OA is still low for Upheaval, as you mentioned, but the 5 targets should allow it to proc fairly often in packs. Perhaps Flashbang could be utilized for DA shred?

Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this post, I just got excited haha.

what’s bad about this weapon is the 66 degree arc, which is abysmal. For any good performance you need sth like 120 degrees at least from my experience.

1 Like

Darn. But that makes sense. The other +target weapons all seem to have greater increased attack arc modifiers, and most can be dual wielded to increase that range to between 90 and 120 degrees. I think I’ll make its own feedback post about it because it could be an oversight.

I’m pretty sure it’s intentionally low specifically because of Upheaval. This is currently the only way you can have multi-target Upheaval and given the mess it caused with ranged passthrough, I think they’ll be erring on the side of caution with this one.

1 Like

I think you’re right, given the passthrough situation and how the Ultos Tempest build survived for only one patch. But I’ll still try haha.

the bonuses still make little sense together, as neither 66 degree arc is enough for some aoe, nor you’ll have 4 targets in that small area/

I played your build when you first made it, I farmed Tomb of Heretic for quite a while with it, it was good. I noticed after a patches it fell off and haven’t touched it for a long time. Time to convert to a different Elementalist with it I guess.

You’re right, the weapon is no good now.

I’ve also tried doing Blazerush Elementalist, and it was miserably weak. The irony is that in Flashbang, Demolitionist does have a potentially great tool to make an Upheaval-focused build work. If this weapon or other gear relevant to the build had points to and/or bonus modifiers to Flashbang, I think this build could start going places.

I’m currently exploring Firestrike Elementalist with Barthollem’s Warmaul and by swapping in the Ascended Diadem you get ~300 OA over Horns of Korvaak.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.