[Feedback] Current state of different-damage-type Cadence (videos inside)

As one anecdote said: Gentlemen are customary to believe in words.
----
Item Skill Modifiers uses same templates as Mastery Skill Modifiers. And no one template doesn’t allow change core charge skill parameters, neither number of charge, duration or damage multiplier.

What does it mean exactly? Does it mean that if discharge is a double attack (is it 33%?) then it can roll a WPS? Does the animation change accordingly? And how WPS values interact with the strike if the default hit here comes only from one hand? Standard Blademaster has 85-100% chance to proc a WPS which uses dmg values of both hands.

One hand deal Cadence damage, senond - WPS. There is no specific animation, because Cadence overwrite it. I did not make deep testing, but as I remember, only Zolhan deal damage from one hand.

So you are saying that within one discharge strike one hand can deal Cadence dmg to a single target and the other hand can deal Whirling Death to the surrounding targets? That’s so unintuitive. Honestly some design decisions in GD make you scratch your head… Why not make Cadence like other default attacks? Why these hurdles?..

also here is my updated cold cadence https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GKDok2

How does it perform?

ill throw it together and see. I although my melee piloting might be a bit rusty from all the eor and caster builds ive been on lately

Right, and we have Static Strike for Lightning too. And Righteous Fervor and Fire Strike both co-exist for Fire.

What is wrong with having more variety? There is no rule saying Savagery should be the only Lightning auto-attack skill.

There’s no rule, yes, but between two lightning AAs - Cadence and Savagery - I - and probably the majority of players - will choose the one that has more support in items - and that is Savagery.

Or you know, we very well could have had more item support for Lightning Cadence if it stayed as is and was built upon with more updates following the change. Lightning is easier to itemise for than Elemental. Instead, the support for it got relegated to 3 weapons.

At the same time though, it’s also surprising to me that there isn’t a set dedicated to Discord Cadence. It may well be the only defining/conversion transmuter left without one (even some of the remainder ones like Gravechill got a set in Forgotten Gods).

2 Likes

Cadence itself is not too bad for any dmg type build with decent amount of phys -> X conversion. The problem is the rest of the mastery. No %dmg support AND no RR for any magic dmg type just kills most of potential builds before they are born.

1 Like

doubt this will happen

More reasonable to start with increased targets. Cadence should be more about consistency as the name implies.

1 Like

this is also a bit surprising to me as well. maybe the Dawnshard items, combined together, could be built into such a set. But they’re all separate and serve different purposes for some unknown reasons.
Another elemental set, Bonemonger, has zero flat and zero support of it too.

Potentially, though it already supporting Counter Strike to represent Soldier would lop side it if it also got Cadence bonuses.

Edit: Oh, I just realised you meant the Dawnshard items, not Dawnbreaker, my bad :joy:. No, Dawnshard is never becoming a set, been explicitly stated why and I agree with the reasoning.

Already supports 3 masteries in Necromancer, Inquisitor and Oathkeeper. I don’t believe any set currently supports 4 or more masteries so unless one of those gets cut, I don’t see Soldier getting added in.

I could see Oathkeeper getting replaced working here as Inquisitor is already go-to for Elemental support anyway and Necromancer at least provides WPS and some Elemental RR. I don’t know if there are niche Elemental Necros either that are dependent on the Siphon Souls mod and wouldn’t want to take that away from them.

Tbh Discord modifier is kinda… pointless? For a good tri-elemental build you still need maximum conversion because Discord only modifies the 3rd strike (afaik).

I think Discord is a great opportunity to buff multitarget potential of Cadence. For instance, you can make it smth like:

• -8/16/24% Total dmg
  • +1/2/3 targets (every strike)

and buff the skill values a bit

2 Likes

yes again but OK bonuses are nothing but ridiculous (1 wps, really?). well, I too don’t believe it would be changed.
as well as Dawnshards will become a set :frowning:

Anyone else want to talk about Bleeding Cadence (again)? No?
Okay. :wink:

1 Like

What about pierce + bleed Cadence? Would you like to talk about it? :wink:

I tried Pierce+Bleeding Cadence mix Blademaster. Damage is OK but lack of - bleeding RR. But build was too squishy for my tastes. And Bleeding Cadence is so inferior compared to Savagery for DW, I fear compare it with Blade Arc for 2H.

1 Like

Guttripper Warder or Warlord sounds pretty neat tho