[Feedback] Current state of different-damage-type Cadence (videos inside)

Warder maybe but why not taking Savagery? Just for the buffs of Gutripper?

And Warlord…not enough support on items imho. Tried it, changed it to Blade Arc-spam.

Bleeding Cadence Witchblade with Gutripper is pretty decent, afaik.

I have tried it and it’s mostly a Main Campaign build, maybe Shards 65-66. Could not survive with it in Crucible.

That’s @Safarel who made it so probably he knows it the best! :thinking:
So, his opinion is welcomed.

Made 5 runs with cold cadence. 2 deaths, 2 runs 7.05-7.17 and one 6.44. Cold cadence is pretty sad

2 Likes

Ranged bleed cadence are really lacked of any sources of aoe damage, despite that piece through all targets ability

3 Likes

Most likely you needs use Mythical Executioner’s judgment because flat from DM converted to cold

I think this is a feature phys/pierce/bleed range cadence

So I take it as the bottom line is all kinds of Cadence builds perform more or less the same - about 7:00

The only outlier is Reaver’s Claw Blademaster. No wonder, because dual-wielding these gives 2 more extra targets.

What I don’t understand though is why Cold Cadence DM BM is 7:00 but various infiltrators perform significantly better with Shard of Beronath. Couldn’t be just RR. Is that due to better WPS interactions?

Cadence overrides WPS on third hit, that’s bad because DM set boost them a lot.

Pierce Cadence have lot more AoE with two added targets and it’s easier to get Fighting form at 12 for another target. Pierce is also less resistant by mobs and only one class with RR is enough. For example despite monster sheet damage Deathmarked Reaper isn’t much better. So Deathmarked set isn’t at good place too. Cadence cold was lot better early FG.

Better passive AoE overall due to censure amping the damage on every ounce of passive AoE the build already has. It also matters whether or not you’re comparing it to DM infil or something else (chillheart etc). Stormbox as a 1 / 1 pointer is a proc god that lets infil get more out of its devotions than blademaster. Once you combine Cadence’s infrequent AoE with its small frontal cone it’s nowhere near consistent, if we take a not so extreme assumption of neglecting its contributions we see something more like 65% AoE WD applied per swing from the cadence user (accounting for both hands) and 120% applied by a bero shard user. As large as the splash is from fighting form, it’s just too narrow (both in cone and number of targets, often resulting in massive overkill).

2 Likes

Okay.

What’s the specific problem with ranged Cadence? In theory there’s Exonerator Tactician, Havok Tactician, Valdun Tactician, Deathdealer DK, but I take it they perform around 7:00 too despite the piercethrough?

Probably it’s a bit more correct to set the borders like 7-7:30, with Pierce cadence doing sub 6 and ond outsider - Chaos, that does 8+.

I may be wrong but the piercethrow doesn’t contribute as much as Brimstone shotguns, so, imo, it’s good old lack of AoE.

According to what @DenisMashutikov said in the other thread, this is actually not the case. WPS can happen on Cadence discharge strike from the other weapon. Denis also said that wps animation is then overwritten by that of Cadence.

I don’t know how Denis came to this conclusion but it so happens I did, too. In my tests with AQC, Cadence had a small chance of discharging on two consecutive strikes (no charging at all), and the only explanation is Cadence+AQC in one strike (1 AQC hit together with Cadence and 2 remaining AQC hits invisibly charging for the next immediate Cadence).

As for why Beronath Fury infiltrators are better than cold Cadence blademasters… maybe because Cadence sucks?

1. WPS 2) double aura RR is too good 3) Cadence eats up too many skill points

That said, i don’t think 7 is the limit to it. Theorycrafted DM BM on paper doesn’t look worse than DM Spellbreaker and i have 6 min runs with the latter. Probably will test BM later.

this is probably the best justification I’ve ever heard.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62ad9BbN
I can’t record a good run with my current rig. The build feels like 5:30-6:00 min depending on the pilot skill. Carried mostly by DM set, Alkamos rings and +3 LA/DM from the pants. I’d say outside of pierce cold is the only viable dmg type for Cadence.

ouch, nerfmarked BM is a pretty sad build nowadays, just as I expected. Used to be a wall in terms of survivability, but now it’s a bit of a joke, lol.

Great result, but you shouldn’t forget that you are a not an average pilot, in fact, you are a very fast one. And I honeslty was expecting 2500 DA when I opened your GT, was pleasantly surprised by very tanky stats.

Although I would add good 20 seconds for that broken belt that is going fixed in the next patch.

1 Like

Yeah, the belt helps a lot here. Oh well, another reason for a universal Cadence buff :smiley:

+1 to all skills, 15% crit damage, 5% OA and 5% total speed for a melee build with wps. This belt is gotta be a monster here.

EDIT: Almost forgot 8% adtch, lol.

Yeah, adcth is the strongest part imo. Having to not worry about this stat makes you much more flexible in gear and devotion choices. If not for adcth the belt would be on the level with Spellbreaker Waistguard (even then slightly better).