[Feedback] Energy consumption on Radaggan Cabalist is ridiculous

How about being a little more objective about the matter like I asked?

Biting Cold, Chillsurge and Ignition don’t add to the energy cost. Runes max out at about 120 and 100 energy per cast.

Transmuted BWC when hardcapped across the board gets 145 energy max.

Canister Bomb and Grenado when hardcapped get up to the amount Radaggan has to deal with (193 and 215 respectively) but both of them get additional skill energy reduction via Ulzuin’s Chosen.

Judgment maxs out at 160 energy between hardcapping the base skill and Crushing Verdict. No increase from Heart of Wrath.

Already went over Demo’s main caster skills above.

Wind Devil is notable for being 210 energy a cast, though it’s less of an issue for Cyclone due to not getting as low a cooldown as your Radaggan Cabalist on Sigil/Ravenous Earth and the increased lifetime on Wind Devil.

Now this is the only place where I can find issues. Sigil of Consumption takes upwards of 200+ energy and has modifiers to push the cooldown excessively. Ravenous Earth is similar. So perhaps there’s room for the energy costs here to get a global reduction rather than Radaggan’s set itself.

Grasping Vines, Wendigo Totem, Storm Totem and any other cooldown Vitality based caster skill I look up are pretty normal/comparable to the non-Vitality ones above.

Now with all that said, don’t get me wrong here - after looking at the numbers objectively, I think there’s room for Sigil and Ravenous Earth’s energy cost to get eased on, however I do not want energy costs to be a nonfactor when making characters.

If you build a character that spams high energy spells, then expect energy to be something of an issue and expect to have to work around it as part of your build, that’s what my first post was highlighting.

Energy consumption with this set is outrageous, period. Tried cabalist, tried sentinel, tried apostate. All suffer. Focusing on a more energy sustain devo path will render the build close to being mediocre/bad if i may dare say so, for crucible and sr75.
TL;DR cronley bee farmer/aether crystal farmer.
Hope it gets the cost reduction or at least a decent amount of flat regen.

2 Likes

The conclusion then is that the skills in this Cabalist rotation are too expensive. 180 regen with some absorb can carry AAR build :roll_eyes:

Why not? We already had Cronley farming meta. Bonus points if you use Conflagration relic skill.

2 Likes

Tbf AAR is arcanist and they have all the methods of energy regen at their disposal. I agree with the main concern tho. 180 regen is like the equivalent of 1k health regen. You either go arcanist or you have to work for it, but then Radaggan cabalist can’t have arcanist.

Saying this set is bad couldn’t be further from the truth imo.

Maybe it’s bad based upon certain personal standards but not overall if players can push it into SR floors that are unbalanced and succeed.

The set doesn’t require “superior theory crafting” skills or something. It requires a shift of building because, as everyone above has mentioned, you have so many holes to fill you end up tightrope walking dmg to survivability.

@mad_lee build front loads so much damage…Yugol + wendigo + manticore…Insane.

I went for a sustained dmg approach with longer attrition type game play where I spend more time piloting and less time pushing buttons and such. I also use dark ones gloves for the extra dmg reduc from pox. Think mortar gameplay without filler skills but with debuffs. You don’t have to aim but you just keep everything in your aoe while moving out of the bad shit.

As a result I finish boss floors in time, energy struggles are nil, leaving my constellation path decisions and gearing to focus on cc res and even then it’s still poor (petrify can be rough).

I have yet to load the any of the vit to poison magi rings. Can’t wait to get my hands on 2…

In the end, this thread has given me other ideas about the set…just have to find the time :expressionless:

Combine it with Acid RE and you got yourself a pretty damaging build. Plus RE is an amazing proccer for Bat, which, when converted heals quite a lot. Wendigo devotion was used to balance that offense and because Acid devotions/items lack phys res so much.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.