[Feedback] Energy consumption on Radaggan Cabalist is ridiculous

So I have been working on a Radaggan Cabalist build. Set has a lot of flaws (no damage bonus on a set meant for non-Acid masteries, 0 physical resist), but this feedback is about energy consumption.

Here is a calc: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwW5azZ

As you can see, even with Spirit dump and Mark of Illusions and whopping 180 energy regen build runs out of Energy pretty quickly. That means I have to resort to Arcane Spark which is basically redundant on a Cabalist (OA is not needed since build got no meaningful crit damage or procs on crit and Disruption resist is covered by Occultist’s exclusive sklill). And that will only work if I choose to use a weapon damage component skill like I did here. Here is a video demonstrating this problem:

EDIT: So even after adding Arcane Spark build still has mana issues as you can see here:

Suggestion

- Add a global minus cost reduction bonus to the set + energy absorption bonus

8 Likes
  • A problem demonstrated in shard 75 is not really a problem in my eyes. It’s supposed to be hard one way or another.
  • You’ve run out of energy when fighting a Nemesis which sounds fair to me.
  • Set has “no damage bonus” but you still destroy monsters with ease.
  • Elixirs of spirit exist.
2 Likes

Why would Shard 75 or 55 or 105 or Steps of Torment matter for energy regeneration issue?

So you have missed the part where I have pointed out that I pumped energy regeneration to an absurd value for this archetype and somehow made a logical leap “fighting against a Nemesis = it’s ok to run out of energy”? Sick logic, bro.

That’s because I have made a strong build. Set has nothing to do with that. Had you payed attention to the calc you would’ve noticed that set does not support Ravenous Earth in any form or way which is the main damage dealer here.

God damn it, man, you are a genius! Reminds of this quote by another genius: “Just play Arcanist, loool”

3 Likes

You could have just answered that Elixir of Spirit + Spark + Regen is not enough which is proven in the 2nd video if I’m not mistaken? Seems pretty bad. Although Spark is not working at 100% due to low weapon damage.

You can try Scythe, I believe it will do the trick in the following setup.
It even looks nicer without half-assed Yugol and crossroads.

(or Lotus / Stag for Phys Res)
[sorry if I destroyed your resists in the process, I didn’t look at them]

1 Like

50% weapon damage is usually more or less enough if you have mad regen with it. Not the case here tho.

Problem with letting go of Sailor’s guide and 180% damage from Yugol is that build starts falling apart. It’s just an Acid based Cabalist with Acid itemization that famously lacks physical resist.

Going for less relevant devotions just to cover for Energy regeneration which should not be an issue with 180 flat regen to begin with will make this flimsy Cabalist fall apart like a house of cards.

1 Like

My vitality Dark One Cabalist is also barely covering the energy cost of it’s spells. Occultist casts especially always have been quite energy expensive, despite some reductions in previous patches. I’ll look into that first. But if that’s not a problem then better energy regeneration on set can be useful.

1 Like

Or maybe keep the current energy usage so that Scythe is actually used and needed in some builds
(if buffs Energy regen to from 180 to 260 btw) and buff other weak points of the build in some way.

Have you considered shifting devotion around to take Scales for the massive energy leech? If I looked at the build while putting it together and saw I’d be spamming 2 skills every 1-1.5 seconds for 193 energy each, I’d plan ahead for it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I believe Scales should not be the crutch for every build. And it’s really besides the point, point is that Radaggan set’s design is flawed in energy department.

Somehow I usually end up getting build advice in my feedbacks, which is pretty hilarious if you think about it.

1 Like

If theoretically there an easy fix for a problem then it’s not a problem and feedback is not relevant.
This is what people are trying to figure out and not give you build advice.

Theoretically you could plug in Tree and Scales into any build with Energy problems and call this kind of feedback irrelevant. Same with the lack of physical resist: just use double seals of mights and pants and boots with phys res (amount of relevant boots/pants with phys res = zero) and call it a day.

Build has 180 flat energy regen on top of cast cost reduction from Seal of Annihilation. That’s enough for freaking Drain Essence and AAR. And somehow, a much weaker archetype meant for masteries with no means of Energy regen or cast cost reduction struggles with Energy.

And it’s not like what you are getting in the end is the faceroll powerhouse, no, it’s still just an Acid Cabalist. Can you imagine players going out of their way to farm double Shuroth rings, painfully min-max and balance survivability and damage on a flimsy mastery combo with a flimsy set just to realise that build also lacks energy because of the flawed set design?

I mean, if I was to level and farm a build legitimately and I’ve seen double Shuroth rings requirments for an Acid Cabalist I would abandon that idea right then and there.

1 Like

Funny thing how well some vitality pianos could work with just ~100 energy regen. My TSS warlock works well wth 150 or less, though it has expensive rotation + spam skill
And here we have Radaggan :rofl:

2 Likes

I didn’t say it should be. How many non-Arcanist builds end up using 2 or more ~200 energy cd skills every 1-1.5s on top of Biting Blade filler with pretty high cast speed?

2 Likes

This is a very relevant observation.

I can’t prove this statement but rest assured I have used this set A LOT since I got the full set (and Targo’s which I pointed out in another thread as my two favorite sets). When I mean a lot, there are at least 6 characters I can think of on my roster that use the set, most of which are using it in a very non intended purpose.

@mad_lee observation and testing regarding dropping Yugol and “the build falls apart” is a very very true statement. This set requires a great deal of tight rope walking or it starts to suffer. It’s not Yugol per say, it’s the damage loss from not having the constellation that stunts the performance based on @mad_lee building standards and the testing I’ve done. And if we just look at sheet stats, this build has roughly 20% more dmg then most of my builds using the set (which amounts to Yugol, which I typically don’t have in my builds) The other thing I agree on is this set makes it hard to cap cc res because, once again, you give up too much damage and it falls apart again.

As @Evil_Baka has pointed out, how many builds can really spam all those things?

I don’t really have any advise outside what’s already been given. I use scales on my most used character running this set but I build to survive SR 65+

Although I see where @mad_lee is coming from I would rather see cc res stuff and phys res added to the set so it opens up more constellation pathing and damage stuff instead of just add e/s. But that’s just me.

1 Like

I second this; I haven’t bothered tryharding SR in a long while since, unfortunately, I don’t have time for it these days. To me it sounds like there is room for tweaking the Radaggan set if literally every build using it takes Scales to support the energy demand, since that’s no longer a choice and it limits build diversity. I’m not knowledgeable enough on Radaggan builds to know if this is indeed the general case however.

I agree with @Nery that Occ has crappy energy regen options overall when compared to, say, Arcanist. However, there’s definitely a balancing act to be performed here since Occ does have some amazing tools at its disposal already and adding on better energy regen on top of those could make the mastery too good.

I also have to echo @Evil_Baka’s point that spamming dual 200-energy skills every 1.5 seconds is a very steep energy drain during prolonged fights. To me this feels like a somewhat niche build case but, again, SR75+ is an area I’m not particularly familiar with these days.

I agree. Radaggan energy usage is intense. This is often the case, I’ve found, with Sigil builds in general. +Regen and -Cost are hard to come by for the skillset involved.

I don’t know, caster Infiltrators cast runes and spam filler skills. Caster Shieldbreakers have super heavy rotation sometimes and go by with less regen. Cyclone Elementalists cast a lot of shit. Vitality casters have very similiar rotation.

This man Radaggans!

Good first observation, but a bit further from thruth in the last part. Outside of pet builds which I know nothing of Occultist mastery is probably the weakest one pound for pound.

Again, energy regen doesn’t change in Shards. It’s a universal issue.

Stop agreeing with me because the timelines might explode or smth

2 Likes

Royal Jelly Extract is good in these situations. Not saying it’s a solution but it helps. Definitely seems like the set needs an energy buff or the skills’ energy reqs need to be toned down.

I can’t really relate to this build, but I’ve found a couple that are incredibly hard to cope with. I tried doing Vitality+Acid spam DEE sentinel (I know, horrible idea) using the Rotgheist set and a Dreeg’alanore and it was basically impossible to sustain it even with casting speed as low as 150%. It really sucks because I enjoy making builds with double-damage types as some sort of challenge and this one comes out impossible without using Tree Of Life, which means you have to give up either Murmur or Rattosh. Build for the curious https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPq6YgN

I really have to echo what was said earlier about encountering issues like these on fringe sets or skills. When you’re spending all your resources to bring your damage or survivability up to compete with top-tier builds, energy regen is the very last issue you would want to deal with.

This.

It is the “conduit of x” set.

There in lies the beauty of the set and why I like it so much. It bends the rules like the conduits. And, as everyone pointed out, to balance everything to make this set shine (Or survive in 65+) is a puzzle I enjoy.

I failed a lot before I arrived at the builds I did but they are exquisite and quite unique without being tier S

1 Like

You can cast your expensive spells less intensively, it’s not all about dmg, you know.

Besides, Cabalist with its access to massive damage reduction and AoE leeching sigils is clearly meant to be a team player. Try playing in a party.

the set is shit but the green sigils are nice <3

1 Like