[Feedback] Nemeses density can still be ridiculous at normal chunks in Shattered Realm (w/video)

Wtf? I only very rarely play SR but I still sometimes encounter this kind of spawn and I when Idie I only think maybe my build isn’t cut for SR. Never did I know it’s an actual issue.

+1 here. Would like SR runs to be more normalized.

The one great man said “We don’t balance SR above 65”

4 Likes

At what shard would you allow 4 nemeses then? Which shard should feel difficult? Four nemeses spawn in Crucible wave 170 too, so is that alright or too much as well?

so you’ve never heard of scaling, right?
To make a long story short:
At SR65 lvl100 Kaisan (for example) has 237% damage
At SR70 - 274%
At SR75 - 364%
At SR80 - 520%
At SR85 - 765%
At SR90 - 1118%
At the crucible, on the other hand, nemesis are “dumbed down” in terms of their abilities and damage.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter how much nemesis you encounter. The most dangerous enemies in SR are random damaging crystals

12 Likes

Man, I am not sure why you are so keen on opposing me and arguing with me in my feedback threads about the stuff you barely have any idea about. Like you have already talked some nonsense here, and thank god Z. didn’t listen to you and gave Radaggan so much needed energy regeneration. But then you post this thread:

Which clearly shows that you are a beginner with no knowledge or experience about Shards or Crucible and lot of stuff in the game.

And hey, man, it’s a greatest feeling in Grim Dawn: making your first character, learning about the game, getting excited about drops and whatnot. And best of luck to you on that journey.

But why do you feel the need to drop your two cents on topics like that, where you clearly don’t have any expertise or experience?

2 Likes

Agree, Im going to just copy my post from previous thread:
Bosses considered by Crate being hard (kaisan/grava’thul/alexander/kubacabra) can’t spawn in boss room twice so they should be threaten same in 1-3 chunks. Just one hard boss per chunk.

Imo chunks 1-3 are often harder than boss room (with 1v1 pulling which is part of the game and strategy requiring some practice now more than exploit), especially above 75.

@Dmt Well, above 60*. But players already showed that almost every all-round optimized build is able to farm 75-76 consistently and it’s not very challenging. Last waystones in farm-range is 75 too, so it should still be balanced, above is okay with “anything goes”.

2 Likes

It must be mentioned that not only meter/s is lower but you also risk death more. You naturally develop a habit of going around them.

2 Likes

Super fucking true

2 Likes

Do you have any method of forming an argument that doesn’t involve denigrating the other person?

At Shards 60+, you have a chance of spawning up to 4 Nemesis bosses on a floor. This is entirely in line with what you may encounter in the Crucible at similar difficulty. And since difficulty goes even beyond that in the Shattered Realm, seems perfectly fair that it gets even more ridiculous.

You would have absolutely hated an earlier iteration where mathematically it was required to kill at least one Nemesis on higher shards. But that would be effort and slow down clear times!

Well have you read the argument to begin with? I think I was as polite as possible given that the dude gives unsolicited advice about the stuff he himself admitted he doesn’t have a clue about.

So Nemeses spawning in those quantities and blocking the way is something that was meant to be like that? Well then, thanks for clarifying at least.

:thinking:

Yes, sometimes people forget that there’s nothing left that anybody could teach you about the game. Though I’m not sure at what point in his post he was giving “advice”.

I was referring to his feedback here.

Yes, I read it, then I moved on with my life cause that was two weeks ago.

I had few times in SR multiple Nemeses like Grava and Kaisan all together in small and narrow corridor, usually mixed with healers or Arcane mobs. It’s nightmare rollercoaster ride trying to run from the red balls of Grava and purple balls of Arcane mobs, while Alex is targeting you with one shot meteor attack and if you decide to hit something, boom it’s healed instantly by some support mob hiding in the corner.

I know deep shards are supposed to be random and unforgivable but when you are out of luck it could be frustrating experience.

I wish luck and longevity of peoples keyboards. :wink:

2 Likes

The truth is - when you play deep SR, you’re not actually playing a game, you’re playing against it. Which is fine only for very small percentage of people.

4 Likes

One of the selling points of SR is its randomness. To patch out the “getfukked” possibility is to spit in the face of customers that wanted an unending randomly-generating dungeon and bought into FG for that reason.

Now, the expected counter-argument to that claim is “Well you can just as well leave such things for higher shards!”

To which my follow-up is this:

2 Likes

I made a complicated drawing of what SR players generally do in every nemesis scenario and, all joking bellow aside, I would do and have done whatever the Nemesis layout patern.

It involves actually opening up the map briefly, for a second, the moment you see Nems on minimap to choose a good aggro path. Something you didn’t do even after dying. You went in, straight in the middle… over and over and over again which doesn’t look very good but you did it anyway and made a thread about it.

I called it GD tactics! Just because you plan it out a bit, it doesn’t mean it’s not a speed run, it means it’s a good speed. I called it speed run because it’s the only way I could explain what you did in that video over and over

4 Likes

That wasn’t hard to guess. I only play when I create and test builds so I am always trying to push the build to the maximum to see if the build can take and to show how much build can take. So I know for sure that the less experienced players can make mistakes and still feel safe with the build, because they are going to use it for farming.

EDIT: Unless it’s not clear thread is not about discussing grim dawn shards tactics

Was just being cheeky, stop being so fun

then there is no problem here. It was your choice to dive in like that without forethought. Even in my, ahem, fringiest builds and runs, I don’t just dive in, and if do, its a risk I take and own it’s outcome be it good or bad

It’s very clear

i chose that word jokingly. Tactics is a big word for half a second of common sense that makes you not die in a run and do it in a good time.