[Feedback] Fabius in SR 75+

Can Fabius get some fireworks on his back or a more obvious tell when he’s triggering blade barrier? This went from mildly dangerous before 1.1.9 to insta rip if you hold attack .1 seconds too long now. I’m basically squinting at the screen to see him through my spam, his spam, his blade spirits spam, and testing my reflexes on how quickly I can walk away and spam my potion/healing abilities left over. As usual extra rough on internal trauma despite reflect damage reduction, but even hitting death on a ultos conjurer with 88% lightning res and saving my heals.

Basically, I’m fine with this being a dangerous faceroll check, but would like to see a better cue. His model is too small and easily covered unlike the big boys or other cued doom attacks that you need to avoid.

8 Likes

how do people even spot his barrier midst all his immortal blade swirls now @_@
kinda feels like Fabby is the new Grava meme, “haha, you thought you were something? - RiP” 9/10 no trolling boss

2 Likes

Fabius got from meme to mean this patch

6 Likes

God Fabius is scary now, but somehow if I’m fully zoom in when fighting him, he cast less skill or do more basic attack compared when playing in normal vision.

Can confirm that Fabius is a little bit overpowered, 'cause:

1. SS is hard to dodge for common players
  2. Barrier has a shitton of damage even if you hit it once
  3. All melee attacks has fast animation -> hard to staterstep
  4. Has a heal (not much, but noticeable in high SR)
  5. Execution WPS hits all shit out of you

Edit: 6) He is bugged also. When the build has lots of pseudo pets, it confuses Fabius somehow making him move out of melee range and casting SS

3 Likes

Fabius eh?

Reminds me of something…

Disable Post Processing
Turn down “Particles” to Medium or low.

Whenever blade spirits are involved, or if I´m playing a could build, I cannot see sh** anymore without those settings above.

I can also ask that if his BB has longer cooldown than player BB, it’s literally the same and when you encounter him at 80+ with a slow build(like a cold build), you have to face BB twice most of the time and if your important skills and circuit breakers are on CD at that second BB(which happens at last hits) you can easily die with your own hits.

Before that point it’s not that big deal but again you had to use everything you have to fight Fabius now. He became a danger and now we should overcap pierce resistance too :rofl:

https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb/1158/skills

LoL I didn’t check but it seems it’s even lower than I thought so.(from my experience)

He literally has softcapped BB with 1 sec lesser cd. Players has 16 sec cooldown at 12/12. Fabius have 15 sec. But the real problem is reflected damage.

My boi Fabius finally killing people after years of not doing it. Brings a tear to my eye.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind getting one-shotted by him at SR 85-90 but the longer the combat is the more he uses the BB and the more chance you end-up killing yourself by reflection or running half health with circuit breakers used while hoping he doesn’t SS you that quick before you use potion again :rofl: Ofc this particular situation mostly happens with melee builds that depends on pure lifesteal to survive.

The years of despise having turn into murderous instinct is okay for me but I wouldn’t mind if the BB has longer cooldown or lower reflect :smiley:

Unless Grimtools doesn’t update his reflect based on shard number, his BB only has 16% reflect. That’s just a point higher than the Possessed Archmage’s Mirror of Ereoctes.

Edit for the above: Welp, Possessed Archmage’r reflect from their Mirror is actually 20%, meaning it’s higher.

I also wonder why his Blade Spirits are invincible. Weird that something that it’s meant to affect players was also changed for enemies.

Edit for the above: Welp, Nadra the Shadow also uses Blade Spirits, but hers aren’t invincible. I guess Zantai gave Fabius the special treatment.

afaik it’s the same value in every shard but the problem is, it’s hard to tell when he exactly use BB and you usually hit one-two(especially you’re at max speed) before stopping and that makes your life half with your own hits+DoT+his retaliation and that moment if you can’t regain your health; you end-up death because he SS you after that. If it’s the last boss you can run to the other side of the room but if it’s the first then you screwed :smiley: I experienced in 65-66 he sometimes doesn’t even use BB, you kill him very fast. In 75-76 you can kill him without second BB with good builds. In higher shards and longer combats, he uses the first BB at %60-70ish health, then the second at %15-20, the point you become greedy(and everything mostly on CD) so you end-up killing yourself. BSpirits are already non-lifestealable now so the combat with Fabius is more dangerous(it’s high damage output is normal imo)

Anyway it’s good we have some tougher enemies but I feel like every ‘‘harder’’ enemy is more harder to melee builds but not as hard to the others.(Except his BB might be tougher for builds that uses ground skills with long duration like BWC)

I for the most part ignore other reflect mobs and just damage away without a care. Probably helped in this case by surrounding trash still providing leech? Never have noticed it anywhere near what Fabius is doing now, but will keep an eye out on the next mirror proc mob

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.