[Feedback] Flames of Ignaffar energy cost is ridiculous

The skill got a lot better in the new patch.

However, it’s impossible to sustain. Here is the build I am using: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GLzjGV

188 energy regenation in-game, -10% cast cost reduction, -25% in-build cast cost reduction, 45% Energy Absorb. Those values would be MORE than enough to sustain such mana hungry skills as AAR or spam PB. And those skills are still leagues above FoI.

@Zantai can energy cost of FoI be adjusted, please? How much more regen can a mediocre chanelling skill possibly need?

8 Likes

+1

It’s already an awkward skill to use, having to keep an eagle eye on your energy potion cooldown even while using 3x arcanum dust and royal jelly is overkill.

1 Like

Some skills should cost lots of energy, makes sense.

But just like I written in previous topics, FoI is energy hungry skill in mastery without energy regeneration or other similar perks. AAR is Arcanist skill so you use Mental alacrity and Iskandra provides leech. EoR cost way less and OK have presence of Virtue which sometimes with absorb and augments can solve the whole energy crisis.

Inquisitor don’t have energy sustain, FoI requires many points investment and is expensive. So +1 to the idea.

I wouldn’t call it mediocre. Not anymore.

But its energy requirements could be toned down some.

I’d happily forgo the some DA shred on intensify for it.

AAR hearing this will be like:

3 Likes

If you compare stuff to AAR of course everything will be mediocre.

2 Likes

It’s better but still kinda mediocre: [1.1.4.1-1.1.5.0] DEVOID OF SOUL - Voidsoul FoI/Aegis Paladin (c+) (sr+).

BTW I run with 100 regen alright on Voidsoul (-30% cost hehehee :smiling_imp:). For this infiltrator, I suggest Arcane Spark and some devo changes. Should be good. And move points from that cunning imo. It’s no good on cold.

I did a 5:24 run with solael’s devourer with a v. inconsistent set up

:astonished:

Must be the wpn dmg buffs finally pushed Solael FoI wpn dmg to the level where is pays.

I just did a couple runs with Voidsoul. But even though both FoI and chaos are super inconsistent, I don’t believe sub 6 is possible.

Anyway, show!

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOJDgoZ

I think it’s the buffs to FoI and me using your advice - i.e. infernal purge over intensify

EDIT: @ya1 - that’s the wrong link. Lol.

I managed the clear using timewarpped boots initially, but GDstashed that green to try and increase consistency

is it really too bad? I am planning to level a toon maining foi from the start to end :thinking:

If you go that route, 1 point FoI, and hardcap intensify. It’ll be much easier to manage energy wise

I’m a big fan of Cold FoI for a long time. And i totally agree with the idea of reducing the mana cost, but before things change, you can try a new set up for mana regen other than just arcanum dust and Lantern. For example here is my Infiltrator Cold FoI. I never had any issues with mana while playing the main campaign or crucible farming (not even using potions), mostly because the devotion route with so many mana regen (Harvestman + Lantern + Bard). Maybe a little bit dam lacking and low physical res keeping me away from high SR, but still no issue with SR 6x.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p257oK0Z

I mean I know how to make it sustainable thru the help of devotions obviously, my point was that having 188 flat regen + all that cast cost reduction should be more than enough for a skill like that. :slight_smile:

I noticed that not a single energy devotion or component is used in the build here, except lantern.

…ehh…sometimes you have to compromise, if you want more. 188 is not bad for no real investment.

yes pls :slightly_smiling_face: