[Feedback] FoI Mageslayer cold Infiltrator feedback

This is a build I have tested after few hours of min-maxing. I have used every trick in the book to make it at least half-decent. 50 points invested into Cunning just to get any meaningful OA. Massive resist reduction. Almost capped casting speed (although it’s a pain in the ass with Mageslayer). 26-12-12-12 skill.

And it’s fucking mediocre at best. Here are the problems:

1. Energy issues. Build has 188 freaking energy regeneration in-game. This is a number that is super hard to get on an Infiltrator. It’s more than enough for top-tier Demonslayer PB spammers. Yet it’s not really enough here - I have to pop a potion here and there.

2. Sustain I had to go for double Ice and Fire just for that. No adtch mod on Mageslayer. Build barely survives. And it’s an Infiltrator with all kinds of defenses.

3. And finally DAMAGE. For a class with RR and huge synergy from both masteries with a mind-boggling -86% PASSIVE INSTANT RR and another -45% rr from easiliy activated procs like Storm Box and Rumour bound to FoI wearing a dedicated set and a dedicated off-hand build shows extremely average results.

Honestly FoI right now is a burning dumpster kind of a skill. It’s really really really bad. It needs a complete overhaul. Plus, Farath cube needs to convert Lightning to Cold on FoI as well to make it at least half viable.

3 Likes

Wow, a complete overhaul!

I bet if I tossed 1000% Weapon damage on it, it suddenly wouldn’t need one.

5 Likes

FoI is frontrunner for the award of “worst offensive skill in the game”. I know some will suggest Blade Trap or so but FoI requires lots of skill points, have multiple problems and at the end is outclassed by AAR and not only.

So I can’t wait to see the improvements next patch! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Related thread:

2 Likes

No, just add more relevant conversions for each damage type (i.e. Lightning to Cold to Farath Cube), change flat DOT to flat damage and adtch mod as a set bonus to Mageslayer. Also, reduce its energy cost.

You can’t disagree that when an Infiltrator in a dedicated set with tonns of RR is underperforming that something is really wrong with a skill.

I think all this and more have already been said, mate :stuck_out_tongue:

well…yes

It’s like this conversation had already happened before…

And your changes are a welcome addition, but I doubt they will do all that much to address the weaknesses that the OP commented on.

Energy consumption is unchanged.

Sustain will be increased but because weapon damage values on a caster are low, the benefits are limited for a build like this that requires 2 ice&fire rings + Bane. I doubt this is the only build that needs to get quite creative on defence and sustain to survive.

Per the same reasoning above, Weapon damage increase will increase overall damage by small amounts. For damage purposes I think the DoTs should be boosted, at max casting speed the dots become very poor in value. Total DoTs are around 1.9k over 3 seconds (not all can be converted to cold either) but divide it down to an FoI tic interval and the value is as much as lvl 12 intensify by itself, so not very relevant. Increase ultimate scaling and item mods?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure changes are a-coming to FoI. It’s too big an issue to ignore.

Let’s just wait and see.