[Feedback] Tainted Power AAR's transmutor should be reworked

Yes, it’s far too short compared to AAR, or even Drain Essense…

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V03jYR2

Here’s a deceiver with 10/10 cof and 12/12 word of agony.

Compare the difference in duration, and aoe.

It also doesn’t hit things at melee range, has a cone aoe which is negligibly wider than AAR, costs near double the skill points, and is actually comprised of a series of rapid firing, but slow moving projectiles which means if you are trying to hit a target moving horizontally across the screen, you’d need to aim in front of the target to hit it

sigh I’m not debating the disparity. But QoL is definitely the wrong justification for this…as well as misleading.

Apologies. I think it’s fair to say that WoP is the worst RR skill in the game. Maybe increasing base AoE on word of agony might do the trick.

Perhaps QoL is the wrong choice of words here, but I honestly don’t know what else to call it. Also, feel free to call it whatever you want.

I’d just call it a disparity.

But also keep in mind that the worst RR skill is the “no RR skill” that exists on many masterties. Something is better than nothing. There are a fair number of skills across the various masteries that never see full (or much past minimal) investment.

FOI isn’t made of projectiles…its damage cone does travel slower than AAR though since AAR is a fast straight beam and FOI is a cone of fire.

Since a few Inquisitor things came up in this thread, I’ll mention that the following changes had been made for v1.1.5.0:

• Flames of Ignaffar: increased area of the damage cone. Increased % Weapon damage scaling with rank to 42% by rank 16, 58% by max ultimate rank.
  • Word of Pain: now lasts a fixed 8 seconds, rather than duration scaling with rank. Added % Attack Speed Reduction.
  • Agony: significantly increased Radius scaling with rank
  • Death Sentence: now also increases Duration by 4 seconds
12 Likes

Holy fucking shit balls, this is awesome!

Wow. Duration should not be an issue now.

More buffs to the most broken mastery in the game. :scorv:

Well, you may be sarcastic…but I must resist…being…triggered into nerf mode. :stuck_out_tongue:

A bit offtopic but is DE the same? I remember tanking MQ aura with DE binder and instantly got deleted, DE being a projectile is the only explanation I can think of.

I heard they’ll get nerfed on 1.0.7.0

Oh shit that was AoM.

I’m pretty sure DE, AAR and FoI are all the same, just changed to be different in how they behave. So DE shouldn’t trigger MQ’s aura, must have been something else.

1. Can we see Set or Item that will convet Lighting to Fire
    and Fire to Lighting
    how we have on 100% Fire AAR now
    ?

2. Can you add RtA to FoI
    we have some items with RtA but it is not enough for made a good build

1 Like

Thanks for this, really groundbreaking stuff! FoI discussion was definitely fruitful and Words of Pain always gives you pain when you’re using it for RR, especially without many points invested.

This looks like it will make chaos warlock irrelevant again unless compensated for.

It will definitely put Inquis up there as the apex RR source. It’s basically equivalent to CoF put on Inquis (12+s and increased radius). When you don’t want to use AoC and its benefits, that is…and then you use HoG :man_shrugging:

(I’m almost surprised that vitality, acid, and bleed RR were not also added :roll_eyes:)

Hopefully CoF gets some chaos RR.

Isn’t this already possible?

• Eternal pyre
  • Pyran set
  • Cindertouch
  • Stormseer ammy
  • Dawnguard chest piece
  • barrelsmith
  • etc. etc. etc.

Honestly…why is this so bad? What alternative is there? Move chaos RR to another mastery?

If CoF gets chaos RR, the occultist would be so broken for chaos damage.

As we all know, Arcanist is completely unplayable without RR, so it’s good for another class it keep it company in being unplayable.

2 Likes

Ah yes, because Darkblaze and Rah’zin are definitely the most broken sets in the game.

1 Like

It’s not that Occultist will be unplayable at all, just that Inquis was (imho) eh…~ at a good point for balance. This took forever to achieve appropriate nerfs and it certainly met a bit of opposition - mostly because it was addressed so late in the lifecycle. I guess we’ll see how it plays out.