[Feedback] Maybe it's time for different monster pools for different Crucible arenas?

Recent addition to Crucible arena pool and aggro changes made Crucible experience much more enjoyable. In my opinion there is only one thing missing now: diversity in enemy selection.

The idea is to add different (thematic, perhaps) monster pools for all those arenas we have now. Beautiful new arenas as they are, the challenge is always the enemies you encounter. And the game has more enemies than 151-170 waves can offer right now. Of course, there are different enemies at lower waves but… those are lower waves with lesser challenge and lower rewards.

I understand it can take a lot of dev time (If it’s at all possible). I’m just experssing a thought, what i think would make people come to Crucible more often.

For those who want to farm 151-170 they got used to, there can be “classic” monster layout tab in the Crucible options. What do you guys think about that?

3 Likes

Expanding monster pools for various waves probably wouldn’t hurt, but I think spawns still shouldn’t depend on arena. I pick an arena for its tactical properties or aesthetics and don’t want to also affect monster spawns. I like that in every arena I see a mix of monsters from entire campaign.
It would also become hard to compare achievements and maintain balance of difficulty across arenas.

1 Like

That’s why there must be classic monster layout as an option.

That’s an issue, yeah. But in my opinion the goal is worth the effort here. GD has two gamemodes as endgame. SR gameplay is not for everybody because you need to hunt the monsters down as opposed to Crucible where they hunt you instead. For those who prefer Crucible (or at least who likes it) an option of different monster pools would a good addition.

The game approaches its final form so you want to squeeze every bit out of the content you already have.

Another suggestion to improve the diversity of edngame would be to add a “nightmare” mode for dungeons, with higher entry fee and higher reward.

That’s cool idea!

New maps can contain lots of FG mobs for instance. Of death will have the mobs you’re fighting on your way to Lokarr or undead enemies. Of void lots of Chtonics and cultists. I mean Nemesis will be all the same but adding thematic mobs to the arenas will boost the diversity and will further underline the aesthetics.

1 Like

I did float the idea of making a crucible 150-170 mod for sadistic players. Maybe it’s time to revisit that idea.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.