Feedback & mild rant about the current state of the Shattered Realm

When it comes to physical damage at high SR shards, yes % reduction sources do matter. DA can matter if mobs have substantial shred and crit. Max health is generally not as powerful as % reduction stacking, nor is 15k enough to trump it.

1 Like

Ofc it matters, not denying that.
My point is that 22% phys. res. sure are on the good side of things TOGETHER with said other stats and well overcaped res. stacked sigils and 5 wind devils who proc bats like crazy.
The build also has some oa/da shred on his own in the form of korvaak.

I think Fabi and said others are the issue here cuz VS most of the other thing I’m doing fine.
I wont repeat myself another time.

glad to see we are taking things in air quotes literal down to the decimal :+1: - 491 is still a fair bit less than 700
also glad to see taking a slight inaccuracy to heart as if it somehow renders the remaining sentiment of the post invalid, - the point still stands

I am aware how hard he hits. 2.8k DA means he has approx 10% chance of a crit. If he already hits super hard, what will a +58% crit dmg hit feel like? Skimping on defence, or using pretty glassy casters is going to come with a risk of death at high shards, is that a such a surprise?

2 Likes

what point of, regardless of his DA shred/compared to other enemies, even at celestial amount of DA, ie 3000-3100 DA, he still hits like a fricking truck?
what point of him hurting being somewhat unrelated to his DA shred, compared to every single other enemy in the entirety of SR 75 escapes you
what point of plenty of builds can get by with less/same defences, against every single other enemy in the entirety of SR 75 and you will still feel “safe” except against Fabius are you not deciphering from these posts?

after the buffs to SR and Fabius (resulting in a double buff to fabius) he hurts a lot more to where even tank builds can feel it
we aren’t talking about fabius being a glass cannon counter, we are talking about a singular enemy that is so highly tuned that he alone “counters” regular builds, once more “forcing” you to build tank to deal with a single element of the vastness of SR

again this is not an argument from me to nerf fabius,
i’m just trying to highlight stuff which you seem to be either not grasping or understating/misattributing to something else - DA/DA shred is not the issue for that character in that example, neither is the phys res, because you could raise both a little bit and Fabius could still likely be an issue for it; he can hurt on toons with 3100 DA and 30 phys res etc etc
you can have a decent defensive build and still have SR75 Fabius be the sole “killer” of the run
likewise you can have a build with less DA survive Fabius, depending on the other defences avail to that build

2 Likes

Yeah I feel like Fabius is a wee bit overtuned in SR. Comparing him to Iron Maiden for example, the other “heavy hitter” human nemesis, I find him MUCH harder on virtually every single one of my characters. Including my tanky ones, at least in higher shards. He has become my personal nemesis (heh) when climbing SR. No other nemesis gives me that feeling, not Reaper, not Kaisan - you can at least kite those around, but Fabius punishes kiting hard with his shadowstrike.

With bad mutators he can just completely kill a run for many characters.

2 Likes

This may well be true (and I said before I am well aware of Fabius damage), but I see the OP could have tried taking Focused Gaze, Possession and/or other defensive layers to survive Fabius. I don’t know the reason why these things were not explored, but blaming the game for being difficult on a level explicitly designed to be difficult on a very glassy character (life steal means nothing if you get one shot) seems unreasonable to me.

2 Likes

22phys res 2800 da and 15k hp + untold heal per sec isn’t fn glassy, wth is this nonsense
and in what world do builds skip their main exclusive for an unrelated, just to get 15% absorb, to tackle 1 fricking enemy?
if you don’t see the absurdity in that notion alone i don’t think there is much common ground to be had here/much eye to eye on how tuned Fabius is
personally i would probably slap on an Ishtaak/DR rune so that point i’ll give you; but i also dont’ think it’s gonna be the make it or break it on Fabius every single run either tho - he is simply just that darn pesky at times

3 Likes

If you don’t see any value in trading some damage for 15% damage absorb on a boss which is defeating your character, is it you that is absurd? This is not a game of pure dps. Why not settle with SR 65 clears in that case, rather than demand SR 75 mobs be nerfed!

1 Like

the absurdity is that you don’t see how it’s a signal that there might not be something wrong with the build but the boss

again, i’m not,
but that doesn’t mean people should just get to dismiss the reality of Fabius possibly being overtuned, he is at least highly tuned for any regular boss on farm range content; you can tell this by his “counterparts” ie every single other nemesis in the game, or boss for that matter being nothing special, like always, yet he suddenly demands darn near celestial levels of defence; this is obviously not normal for such NPC

3 Likes

Do you rly think I didnt try different approches as well?
How (sorry) stupid do you think I am? :rofl:
If there IMO wasnt a serious issue with something I wouldnt have started this whole topic to begin with. :roll_eyes:
Also FYI, taking Possesion > Stormcallers resulted in noticable less dmg = less life steal = less overall survivability + ontop the extra dmg. absorb didnt help much in said cases.
It ontop resulted in way less stun res which is a big no for SR and having to switch around parts to fix this issue resulted in even more shit and hard / next to not adjustable other issues / dmg loss / overcaped res loss…

If this doesnt convice you that something is off with fabi & some other stuff I dont know what will man…

You’d think that otherwordly demons and beings should be more powerful than a human Nightblade eh? I’m wondering if the reason for his “OPness” is because of that exactly? Like, he can roll two weapons with some nasty rolls perhaps?

If that was true that would mean he spawns with some absurd weapons 99% of the time which would be an issue as well :laughing:

this is the reason, as we all know Nightblade is the best mastery, so good it even makes the NPCs OP :grin:

2 Likes

This must be it! :rofl:
You found the source of all evil in Cairn!

Solution: Remove Nightblade. :rofl: :laughing:

How to stop Fabius? Apply some serious damage reduction. Oh, wait he one-shot you before you can do it? Never mind :sweat_smile:

Btw reading comments above, the issue brought is disparity between bosses and how mighty Fabius becomes in SR. Which again is proof my initial comment - SR scaling. Fabius is fairly easy in campaign (tried him few times after buffs) and Crucible you have health buff and his stats are less tuned, combined with low health amount make him opponent with burst damage capabilities but not the one who usually kills you.

3 Likes

Yep, thats exactly what happens and was happening. :face_vomiting:

Don’t you guys like 2-3 SS srikes from Fabius in a raw? Huh…

2 Likes

I absolutely adore them…
Can’t you read that outa my previous posts? :joy: :+1:

Nah, I’m too lazy for this😅