[Feedback] Monster A.I. is becoming buggy again in Crucible. Torraxteria's invulnerability bug is back too

The aetherial hero thing is not a bug. They have extreme defences. Against Torraxsteria you had serious debuffs on, reduced damage, -10% OA, Torrax has own 10% damage absorb buff, Bloodkeepers grant 10m 20% dmg absorb shield, Karroz also grants a 15m 15% damage absorb buff, all of those aetherial hero have a special skill which grants an extra 35% damage absorb as well as a flat damage absorb shield which makes it look like you deal 0 damage for a few seconds. Also when you initially engaged Torrax you were outside of aura of censure range and therefore had RR issues (invoker blaze set RR has cd and small aoe so probably wasn’t applied). Same thing for Pavros except even more ele res and higher native defences and %damage absorb.

Wave 169 has nothing wrong with it because: you mindlessly facetank two boss capable of stacking RR, then continue to mindlessly facetank when it happens and then complain about it hurting. There were still 2 additional sources of aether res you could have used: Aetherward oil and spiritbane potion. Frankly anyone that excepts to do this with ease should use all sources of res available to them before making a balance complaint imo. I also don’t think Crate wants a game where mindless facetanking beats the game without breaking a sweat.

Edit: Basically go straight to her asap to try force invoker proc and maximise RR. Then save nullification for the small phase where she takes 0 dmg.

2 Likes

totally off-topic but I was kinda about to post a Melee Shieldbreaker build today or tomorrow. We have some different things going on and it will be nice to make some comparisons :slight_smile:

All right, another example of Immortal Aetherial Heroes. This bugged stuff is honestly one of the most annoying things in the game. I can’t kill a simple hero mob with a char that demolishes Mad Queen in 7 seconds and Crucible in 6:30.

1 Like

When you get multiple Aetherial Vanguard human heroes right next to each other while playing a build of any element in SR, your best course of action is to ignore them.

They heal each other, give each other a buff that gives them nearly indestrucible damage absorption and they also give elemental res to each other, on top of the very high elemental res they already have.

AoM aetherial caster heroes/bosses have had periods of n̶e̶a̶r̶ invincibility to elemental damage for as long as I can remember. Not even Nullification seems to do anything against it.

Well, I know you don’t like to agree with me. But you have to agree with me here, this shit feels bugged and it totally ruins playing experience. In a game when you are supposed to be killing hordes and hordes of monsters you finally acquire gear and level and put your skills in a right order to become a machine that facetanks destroys all nemeses and bosses. But then you meet Aetherial heroes and this happens. Extremely frustrating experience, takes me right out of the game.

I’m going to reduce their Elemental Resist scaling with level in the Crucible, but beyond that there is nothing fundamentally special about them.

As I said, this is almost certainly a combination of external factors compounding in a perfect storm.

This is great, but look at their mechanics. The have high elemental resist, they can cast additional elemental resist on self and on target, they can cast shields on themselves and on target. They are invulnerable versus elemental builds sometimes. And they also heal?

It’s also not just Crucible, they are the same pain in SR even worse. It’s just not fun and feels unfair.

Can you please remove their silly shield absorb or tweak it? The fact they are tougher that some Nemeses is pretty ridiculous.

None of these things are self-cast.

That also means that I’ve hit this perfect Storm few times in just few hours of playing. And other posters here confirm this bug. So it’s far from once in a game glitch.

I get that you dislike it, but everything I’ve looked at points to it being an overlap of buffs/debuffs, not a glitch.

Kind of looks like they are casting some of it on themselves and some of it on each other and they always seem to spawn together.

It’s not something I just dislike, it’s something that feels broken to me and I am sure to many players. Even @Norzan said that I should just avoid them. Well avoiding glitchy hero mobs doesn’t sound like a fun way to arpg, does it?

Maybe one of their shields or debuffs can be toned down or removed? I mean if you remove it completely it won’t break the game balance - they are not bosses or nemeses or anything.

Lol, don’t show me grimtools, I know how the fucking skill sets work. I made them.

4 Likes

Well, I am sure you do. That’s why I (and I am sure most players will agree with me here) asking you to do something about that absorb/elemental resistance stacking mechanic.

Sphere of Protection is something a couple of them have, though not Torraxteria. It’s also dispellable.

No matter how many times you call it glitchy, it’s not going to make it true.

As I said already though, I’ve reduced their resist scaling in the Crucible, so that will speed things up in general.

All right, thanks, will check how that is working out. Should we expect it in the next hotfix?

What do you think was that bug with Torraxteria? (on the video that I posted) Looks like she was fully absorbing damage for the first few seconds too and then after I dispelled her and mine procced she was still taking way too much time to die against point blank PRM spam.

(also, not easy to disspell without Arcanist and/or Ulo)

Yes.

I don’t know what else I can add to this, lol. I’ve scoured the database for issues. None exist. I feel like a broken record here.

Thanks for doing that, much appreciated.

I guess it’s the rusty old game engine or something, not much to do but to wait for GD2 here.

If there was some mysterious issue, we’d see it in the campaign too.

1 Like