[Feedback] Monster A.I. is becoming buggy again in Crucible. Torraxteria's invulnerability bug is back too

So just made a few runs to test stuff out. Monster’s HP seemed to be a bit scaled down which is good. Incoming damage somehow feels higher, but not sure.

Few obvious bugs:

• Monsters are getting stuck more
  • Monsters seem to act even more crazy around Skeletons from Revenant (like running around in circles, not engaging)
  • Torraxteria (and maybe some other Aetherial heroes, not sure) is back with her invulnerability thing when it takes sometimes longer to kill her with an elemental build then a nemesis

Video examples of bugs:
Torraxteria - the toughest boss in Crucible

Dementia’s Dervish versus a band of drunk Nemeses

Aetherial hero refusing to die with 25% health despite no debuffs on my char at wave 161 - That is versus pretty damaging melee spec if you watch the whole video

https://youtu.be/FK2qa9hgQBE?t=283 Bargoll derped and blocked himself at the spawn with plants at wave 165

More immortal Aetherial Heroes-Healers

Not bugs but examples of balance issues in current Crucible:

Debuff onslaught on wave 168 with double Gargoyle packs spawning More of a balancing thing, but it makes life of melee chars just pure hell, especially ones with little to no AoE.

Double RR debuff on wave 169 almost insta-killing my character on wave 169 thru Blast Shield, Prismatic Diamond, Ghoul and Serenity proc and ~65% aether overcap - again, more of a balancing issue. A pretty tough Shieldbreaker with a lot of fail-safes and 23k hp and 65% Aether overcap BARELY makes it past collective debuffs of wave 169.

Maybe someone can add something.

2 Likes

Nothing has changed regarding those things.

well, I have video proof if you like

Skeletons make bosses crazy.
I want to fight with Reaper of the Lost but not see him running around the arena like a dog, paying zero attention to me.
And bosses get stuck in banners and skeletons too.

Here is Dementia’s run an hour ago. It starts from the right place.

Will upload my run in few minutes with Torraxteria bug.

Proof of what.

If people want revenants to stop messing with pathing then they will lose their collision and no longer block mobs at all.

Torraxteria is probably some combo of elemental resist buffs stacking up.

Monsters getting stuck, I’ve got nothing for you there. I can say with certainty though that no recent patch changed anything regarding pathing.

But it literally just started happening. It was fixed couple of patches ago iirc, and this bug is popping up yet again. Because I think it’s a bit ridiculous a simple hero or a healer takes longer to kill then Reaper of Souls.

Nothing changed really. All those things you mentioned happened on 1.1.3.0 and 1.1.4.0 and I even feel skellies messing up nemeses became less of an issue now.

Pretty sure nothing was fixed because I sure as heck didn’t do anything about it, lol, so nothing could have changed to make whatever you’re describing resurface.

Torraxsteria has very high Elemental Resists, particularly Cold Resist, besides that there is nothing in her skill set that would make her “as tough as a Nemesis”. So the only other possibility is buffs from other enemies and/or mutators all combining.

Maybe you can fix it? It really feels like a bug and quite unnatural when all of the sudden a hero mob is the toughest one in 150-170.

I don’t see anything to fix in her data. Everything looks as expected.

Here you go.

I was having a pretty lucky run due to favourable mutators. Usual runs after hotfix are 6:50+, like 30-40 seconds longer then before and thus much less consistent obviously (but I made a seperate thread about it).

I mean, I can’t dissect anything from that besides you do a lot of Elemental damage and possibly something buffed her at low health (she doesn’t have any low health effects herself).

Edit: you are also debuffed by a number of things, which I definitely can’t guess about just from a video, haha.

Well, just take a closer look at her health bar. First 4 seconds of the fight she doesn’t take any kind of damage. It takes whopping 10-11 seconds to kill here AFTER I casted Nullification on her. This doesn’t feel right. Unless you want aetherial heroes want to be the toughest mobs in Crucible for some reason.

In the beginning, it looks like the Servitor heals her just before it dies.

Nope, it’s not possible to take her down that fast from that distance when she is out of Censure’s range and before Mines debuff kicks in. But she literally takes no damage for like 4 or 5 prms and then after Nullification it takes 10 seconds to kill her in point blank range, even with the debuffs on me it’s a bit ridiculous. If you look at other parts of the video some Nemeses die faster and certainly all purple bosses die like 2-3 times faster even with my char being debuffed.

I don’t know what to tell you.

She doesn’t have some magical hidden attribute. I went through her every skill, passive and inherent stats.

The only conclusion I can make is that external factors are stacking up.

@Zantai

Had a run with my Melee Shieldbreaker, experienced some bugs too.

Aetherial hero refusing to die with 25% health despite no debuffs on my char at wave 161 - That is versus pretty damaging melee spec if you watch the whole video

https://youtu.be/FK2qa9hgQBE?t=283 Bargoll derped and blocked himself at the spawn with plants at wave 165

Debuff onslaught on wave 168 with double Gargoyle packs spawning More of a balancing thing, but it makes life of melee chars just pure hell, especially ones with little to no AoE.

Double RR debuff on wave 169 almost insta-killing my character on wave 169 thru Blast Shield, Prismatic Diamond, Ghoul and Serenity proc and ~65% aether overcap - again, more of a balancing issue. A pretty tough Shieldbreaker with a lot of fail-safes and 23k hp and 65% Aether overcap BARELY makes it past collective debuffs of wave 169.

And with all the little nerfs to damage all across the board surviving yet again becomes the issue in Crucible. Monster’s hp nerf did not off set it.