[Feedback] Nemeses density can still be ridiculous at normal chunks in Shattered Realm (w/video)

I was referring to his feedback here.

Yes, I read it, then I moved on with my life cause that was two weeks ago.

I had few times in SR multiple Nemeses like Grava and Kaisan all together in small and narrow corridor, usually mixed with healers or Arcane mobs. It’s nightmare rollercoaster ride trying to run from the red balls of Grava and purple balls of Arcane mobs, while Alex is targeting you with one shot meteor attack and if you decide to hit something, boom it’s healed instantly by some support mob hiding in the corner.

I know deep shards are supposed to be random and unforgivable but when you are out of luck it could be frustrating experience.

I wish luck and longevity of peoples keyboards. :wink:

2 Likes

The truth is - when you play deep SR, you’re not actually playing a game, you’re playing against it. Which is fine only for very small percentage of people.

4 Likes

One of the selling points of SR is its randomness. To patch out the “getfukked” possibility is to spit in the face of customers that wanted an unending randomly-generating dungeon and bought into FG for that reason.

Now, the expected counter-argument to that claim is “Well you can just as well leave such things for higher shards!”

To which my follow-up is this:

2 Likes

I made a complicated drawing of what SR players generally do in every nemesis scenario and, all joking bellow aside, I would do and have done whatever the Nemesis layout patern.

It involves actually opening up the map briefly, for a second, the moment you see Nems on minimap to choose a good aggro path. Something you didn’t do even after dying. You went in, straight in the middle… over and over and over again which doesn’t look very good but you did it anyway and made a thread about it.

I called it GD tactics! Just because you plan it out a bit, it doesn’t mean it’s not a speed run, it means it’s a good speed. I called it speed run because it’s the only way I could explain what you did in that video over and over

4 Likes

That wasn’t hard to guess. I only play when I create and test builds so I am always trying to push the build to the maximum to see if the build can take and to show how much build can take. So I know for sure that the less experienced players can make mistakes and still feel safe with the build, because they are going to use it for farming.

EDIT: Unless it’s not clear thread is not about discussing grim dawn shards tactics

Was just being cheeky, stop being so fun

then there is no problem here. It was your choice to dive in like that without forethought. Even in my, ahem, fringiest builds and runs, I don’t just dive in, and if do, its a risk I take and own it’s outcome be it good or bad

It’s very clear

i chose that word jokingly. Tactics is a big word for half a second of common sense that makes you not die in a run and do it in a good time.

And yet I do choose the worst ones. Because I am a lazy pilot and I like to rely more on the build rather than my skills.

This doesn’t warrant a thread complaining about SR tho. It’s still your thing to own up to. A more inexperienced player would have shown a bit more caution than you because he respects SR 75 and is not sure what to expect

5 Likes

But yeah, I expect my builds to just tear thru normal chunks in SR75-76 or else they are not really worth my time. That just really fortified my lazy pilot playstyle. But hey, at least I keep producing consistent top builds, right.

4 Nemesis bosses?

I have no problem with that.

But god those traps are annoying as hell. Then you add in damaging ground on top of it. And then you add in Nemesis bosses like Kaisan, Moosi and stuff that spawn their own shit as if it was needed on top of all else. And for giggles, you also get the random arcane mob or healer in the middle of all this.

Then you take a heavy sigh and restart because it is not worth the headache.

While I don’t mind the challenge SR poses, some of the shards can get ridiculous with the layout and spawns.

Wish we could atleast kill the traps :sob:

2 Likes

I have seen 4 Nemesis’ in a few runs also, it was kinda fun. And sometimes they don’t show on map until you’re really close, while kiting Grava once, I hit the Kuba; then I saw Iron Maiden and run the other way to avoid her, yeah it is hard to manage sometimes but I believe it is also thrilling so keeps the player going and keep them awake.

But the most annoying thing is this. And if I really ask devs to change something in SR, it would be more boss rooms, and can’t be able to have the same boss room in a row so challenge would be added variety and SR became a real test for builds. Since most of the players tend to choose specific boss rooms to take the video of their successful runs.

2 Likes

I think I’m still back in 2019 because:

I can’t tell, for the life of me, why we even have all four bosses on the boss floor at one time when it’s become practice to pull one at a time for success.

Granted not everyone does this but I find the logic baffling.

I guess I will have to do this on high SR (where Crate has deemed that it’s not to be balanced)

Pull lever, one boss spawns at a time…same loot as normal, or

Pull lever, 4 spawn, extra chest(s) in loot floor

Lever for anything in between if you like.

Or have them spawn in sequence from spawn points like crucible…with so many seconds or something in between

Bad idea or not…It doesn’t change how odd this is

On topic - yeah screw them trap crystal nodes…4 nemesis non boss rooms have caused lots of deaths for me too. And since I am back playing HC and want to do SR 60 at least, it all makes a difference

More boss rooms is a good idea.

1 Like

Cough… /10char

6 Likes

We need moar rooms!

3 Likes

We should just remove all rng from shattered realm, make it so you fight the exact same mobs in the exact same places in every chunk. That way beginners have less chance of dying.

Can Z make bigger boss rooms? Cause sometimes you are just enter, 2 nemesis suddenly jump in with the help of Mad queen/Korvaak/Slathsaar, I cant even adjust a tactic, they melt my Commando like cheese.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.