[Feedback] New SR Boss Room Aggro

am i blind or something i only see 2 arcanes ? :thinking:

Yeah, 2 arcanes near that Gargoyle hero team which are already dangerous for melee builds because of their ground skill(don’t know what is it called). And I’m not seeing arcane+ them combination for the first time in this latest patch.

arcanes in crucible when?

Arcane spawn in crucible, but their skill didn’t remove buff

The problem with boss rooms being the way they are is that they alter how you make builds. I have a bunch of builds where I went to great lengths to increase CC resistance only for this update to make it pointless as you will never be forced to fight Benn’Jahr and other trappers alongside other bosses. Same goes for health regen. Health regen isn’t as useful now that kiting is less necessary without having to deal with multiple debuffs or ground effects, Grava’Thul, etc… Seriously, we already have Crucible for players to test hyper-offensive builds, why make it the same for SR?

The only builds I could see that really needed this change are pet builds, and I sorta feel bad for them, but I really don’t want to get into that.

The way it should have been is to fight 1-2-1 like that one dev post stated, as long as the 2 bosses together are low-mid tier (no Reaper + Mad Queen pairings). Also the timer feels really tight and dying only once means losing except for… DPS builds.

And really, I just find it utterly bizarre that a developer vision is made for high SR, where survivability is king, SOME players choose to ignore that with an exploit, developers surrender to the most loud portion of that playerbase, and now we have the uninspired boss rooms we currently have. The new testbench for builds is probably SR86, where you get no loot, but the same loud faction of players don’t care because they GDstash whatever they need anyways. Not really happy with how things turned out. That exploit should have been fixed the moment it was discovered, honestly.

1 Like

I know, same with grava.

you mean SR 80?

I support the idea that boss rooms became a bit boring. IMO it would be better to do the next:

1. Fix certain OP bosses
  2. Decrease scaling and additionally physical damage scaling (as soon as it is the most dangerous damage type)
  3. Make all bosses attack you in once, not 1-2-1

You should de-update the game and play 1.1.8.1

1 Like

Afraid of difficulties or what? I thought you consider yourself a veteran as you wrote somewhere

Apparently not as veteran as you; but, it’s very clear that 1v4 boss rooms are the reason people discovered and abused camera abuse and that concept is more favourable for some playstyle than others.

I was settle for 1-2-1 setup before the patch but this one is also good. Yes a bit boring in farming range but not that boing in 80+ and harder chunks makes up for it. And in some boss rooms, if you play careless you can pull 2 at the same time, especially on the right side but it clearly depends on their positioning and the monster types/your build etc(like Warcry). And they clearly hit harder than before, which can be felt by squishy builds. So yes scaling is harsher now.

My bitching in this thread wasn’t about ‘‘oh please less arcane/healer heroes in chunks, this is too hard’’ No, I was only sharing what I observed and Z proved that my observations are only my bad luck. Apparently…

Now; everyone knows you’re an older builder, better builder, respected builder and a much better pilot than me. The problem here is not that I’m scared of 1v4 combats(or I have no reason to fear nemesis hit weaker as you suggested), the problem is you should go for higher shards if things started to get boring at certain levels. Or you shouldn’t try to push high SR with glasscannon Crucible optimized builds.

is that some combos and certain bosses are broken, unfortunately. For example, Irona Maiden+Fabius+Reaper = ggwp for 99% builds, but IM+Zantarin+Laria is possible for 99% builds
By tweaking possible combinations and target nerfing certain enemies boss rooms would be way more interesting without inadequate difficulty like it happened before 1x1x1x1 scheme

Wait a second; let’s go back a little while, like before the patch.

The things were used to be like you said, more or less. But you people used camera abuse to deal nemesis 1v1 in high shards. So things were exactly like you said (except rng boss combinations)and you literally found a trick to deal with them 1v1.

Now it’s 1v1 and they kinda hit much harder; you want things go back and so you can deal with 1v2+ with arranged combinations and less powered monsters? And you accused me of scaring? LoL

You’re basically suggesting that this new SR is not good, you want the old version with weakened monsters but with half way aggro range, more arranged boss combinations etc so you’ll have no problem with dealing them at the same time with ease.

You want this because of 1v1 is easier or harder now? I didn’t quite catch that part.

1 Like

I like new boss rooms and SR changes. There’s equal level of difficulty distribution between chunks. In higher realms there are still opponents requiring strategies and good piloting but it gives you fair chance of success without the need of using any shenanigans. Also it makes other chunks more interesting, now they are not just prelude to the real SR challenge.

If in SR you’re forced to do 1vs4 with all enemies aggro you at once it will make boss rooms so much inconsistent and dependent on your luck with spawns. Trapped by Benni, while Alex meteor one shot you to death or Valdaran teleport you to Grava balls, been there and no thanks! Actually now if you play badly or kite you can still aggro more enemies (I did it few times) so good play/building will give you advantages, as always.

11 Likes

and also you can kinda “pick your fights”, did Grava spawn? Gonna do him first or last? etc

1 Like

We already have a game mode where multiple bosses attack you at once. It’s called Crucible. Some waves are still wildly unbalanced (Wave 169 where you have Korvaak + Dravis is much harder compared to Theodin + Krieg) and this game mode has been around for years. What makes you think that a new SR mode where the bosses are scaled higher and there’s a ton more bosses and mechanics to consider is going to make these dissenters happier?

I’d also like to hear which bosses you consider to be OP and what you consider them to be fixed outside of “less physical damage plz?”

As many mentioned before me, aggro everything and boom!! you solved your problem, you’re not bored anymore. You have that choice. The current state of sr offers the rest of us, who like the new changes, the choice to have fun too in this mode and not get frustrated. To me new sr changes are spot on (balanced, consistent and still pretty challenging, for me at least). I hope it stays as is.

Ah no. You are forgetting the other floors where you can get assaulted by multiple hero mobs and nemesis that will cc your ass back to vanilla launch day.

As for the boss rooms with other posts down from the one I am replying to:

Again, still don’t know why there is any argument on boss rooms when you can pull the whole room anyways. If you were using camera rotation pre patch and don’t approve of what’s going on now, I gots a bridge for you to live under.

Build differently to adapt or play older versions or mod your own…choices are pretty endless now.

Chunks are still as easy as they’ve always been from my experience. The only difference now is that the penalty for dying forces me to engage enemies more carefully. I can see it being harder though if your sustainability depends on sticking to enemies like glue, like it is for 90% of builds.

I don’t need to change my builds because I can just increase my benchmark to be SR86. But that doesn’t change the fact that boss rooms are boring now no matter what ridiculous stat bonuses they get, it’s still the same pattern every time. And also I get no loot. I actually enjoy looting, make builds with stuff I collect, crazy I know.

Also, as for this stupid argument for grabbing multiple bosses if you wish to do so, that amounts to a self-imposed challenge, and you could respond to any difficulty argument you’d like with that same answer. When the game is too easy or boring, the right solution is for the devs to make some changes, not for players to come up with their own challenges crippling themselves on purpose. Yeah maybe I will if I get bored of SR86, or maybe I’ll make a no devotion challenge, no pants challenge, no movement (only rune) challenge. The possibilities are endless!

2 Likes

The devs have provided a way, it’s called mod’n the game.

As for the rest of what I just read :-1: best of luck though.

It sounds like the largest complaint is that every one of the 160+ shattered realm rooms (110 for single player, but I’m going beyond and thinking for those who like multiplayer) are not intricately handcrafted and woven with individual boss placement to prevent broken combinations from making the boss rooms an instant Alt+F4. I love hand-placed enemies and that sense of progressing challenge just as much as the next person, but to expect that from a small team in addition to all of the balancing changes, new content and so forth that was added in the years since FG was released and then call them lazy (or “uninspired,” or whatever codeword for lazy you want to call them) is simply ludicrous.

HC players who can’t afford to have the “wrong” combination of bosses are a thing. Builds that have a hard time clearing SR 75, much less SR 85 (which are a lot of off-standard builds / class combinations) are a thing. It’s really not that easy for most class combinations to have that particular combination of having enough offense to handle your damage type’s Nemesis + mutators, enough defense to soak in the hardest hitting Nemeses (or stuff like Shattered Theodin or Shattered Gargobol, or even something like Valdaran’s multi-projectile shotgun or Reaper’s fully charged Savagery + Wraith debuffs), while having the secondary resistances to make sure you don’t get killed in the explorer waves.

I’d say more, but nobody’s giving actual build examples of making the new SR trivial, just throwing lots of qualifiers like it’s lazy or boring. I’d rather have something I can win instead of having a super-scaled up IM + Fabius + Sentinel or Sharzul + whoever dishing out more incoming DPS than non-tank classes could reasonably handle.

5 Likes