Feedback on My First Build: Chaos Witch Hunter

They don’t stack but each of them offers different useful bonuses. They are also activated in different ways so depends on playstyle.

It’s possible that now a scepter is in play that Lantern can cover some of the %CS and energy needs and maybe add another proc like wendigo/fiend/ converted aetherfire,etc (BS, pox, etc)

You could swap in more energy components and augments…

… but I’d argue that Abomination is overrated if too many energy sacrifices on this kind of casting build. Abomination is nice and does add some % damage : so when over 2k already : <10% more when not active and ~20% more when active.

However, if you look at your particular build with 100% vit convert:

wendigo adds 210 flat tick so there are some other things that could be experimented.

I ran a devotion setup like this: Witch Hunter, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.7) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator with the abomination & dying god and had energy issues. Pots were necessary in any longer fights. I wasn’t fully geared then, so maybe it’ll help now, but the scales’s really help with energy.

I don’t think it’s possible to do the abomination, scales, and dying god. That would be a great combo.

I was looking at the Lantern instead of the scales to go full Abomination, but if I’m not careful I’ll have issue with too many total active skills. Playing on an xbox, one wants to keep the active skills down and I’m already up to 9. While not all have devotions attached to them, when kiting some tougher creaturds (thinking of Crate, Cal, etc) the movement skills often don’t get used for procing, and blade barrier is great - but not for devotions, so I don’t want to proc essential items off of SS.

With the current devotion path since I’ve had very little energy issues. Against SR76 Kuba I was down to 25% so energy, and that’s the first time I’ve been down that far since using this path.

I took at quick no pharma run against Callagadra just to see where the build sat and it did not go well. If anything, the setup needs some more defense (and pharma). Dropping the revenant for some more defense is a bigger possibility than adding more offense.

Lokrr was an easy fight, as expected. I’ll play with the devotions some more to see how they feel in SR 75/76 or against some of the harder bosses.

After breezing through the clones, I decided to do a few 75/76 runs to see how consistently I could farm it. A couple were no deaths, and a couple had deaths. Most of them were due to Grava’s nullify, although there’s enough health replenishment you can go a while before Grava beats you with all your passives gone.

I made a few defensive tweaks to devotions (Solemn Watcher) and skills, so I’ll have to see how this works against 76 & Crate. Hopefully, I didn’t neuter the offense enough to matter.

Ah ok, I get the controller thing; I tend to use it most of the time as well.

It will be interesting to see how this higher DA works: Iirc even really bad mobs should have ~60% chance to hit, though, so scales should still do ok in mobs. Total DA looks to be ~3500 (including Veil)

DA used to be big ages ago, but now it tends to be more health (enough to take a big hit) and consistent leech + enough DA to not get crit very often.

The higher DA is helping, but I probably need some more health as Cal can 1-shot me if I’m not careful. I might need to make some tweaks to take him out without pharma as the fight needs great piloting to beat Cal - any little mistakes and this build goes down to him.

Crate went down in 2 out of 5 attempts. While it’s not a consistent kill like other builds, at least my 1st ever build can take on Crate (different pants with very high stun resist) :slight_smile: