Feedback on rotgheist

I get why it is like that, it just doesn’t make any sense. It renders builds around the transmuted skill inherently inferior to the originals. In the example of the build linked above decent AoE is exactly what it is missing for comfortable play.

It’s not just Torrent, it’s the same story as Lethal assault, Deadly momentum, Maelstrom and such.

I’m not sure about maelstrom, but I don’t think that’s true for LA + Deadly momentum because that bonus damage is just given as raw, flat damage.

E.g. I have 100% cold/acid conversion on ABB. LA procs, and I have 100 flat cold + 100 flat acid damage.

ABB will then convert the 100 flat cold to acid.

Skills which have this weird mechanic tend to have something like ‘will attack surrounding enemies in addition to the primary target’ in their tooltip description.

So other examples would be - nightfall, explosive strike, soulfire, etc.

Your examples are better, but all listed by me are same occasions, where you need global conversion and skill transmuters will change just the basic skill. LA and DM are buffs, but they are not affected by ABB and Cadence mods. Maelstrom is separate source of damage than wind devils.

Right, so you’re saying that…

1. Assume I have 3/3 discord
  2. auto attacks NOT using cadence will not transmute deadly momentum into elemental damage

If my understanding is correct, that makes sense to me. But in the same time, as you’ve pointed out, deadly momentum and LA are global buffs.

So it also makes sense to me that they’d need global conversion.

It’s that weird mechanic within a skill line which makes things weird.

E.g. Skyfire transmutor on grenado converts IT damage on shattering blast into electrocute, but FS modifier on blazeheart will not affect explosive strike.

It’s just not very intuitive, imo

By intuitive, you mean head scratching. But yeah the mechanics makes sense, when you find the logic behind them.

Intuitive = instinctive; knowing something without conscious reasoning.

E.g. corruptian is a weapon I’ve never tested, but I intuitively know is bad.
E.g. Despite my intuition, explosive strike is not affected by transmutors (btw, this also means it is not affected by things like searing might).

Skill modifier or transmuter conversion doesn’t inherently touch either of those.

This is where you’re getting confused - this happens because you have skill modifier-level conversion on ABB that converts any and every source of Cold damage to Acid on it including the % weapon damage portion. However, any other weapon based skill/proc that does not have that modifier conversion or global conversion, Lethal Assault’s Cold damage will not convert for those.

If you try hard enough you can find reasoning behind many things, doesn’t mean it has to be that way. In the example of Primal Strike - Torrent is not converted but Storm Surge is fully converted. Both are Primal Strike additions and only work with this exact skill. I’m sorry, this doesn’t make any sense to me, neither “logic”-wise nor balance-wise.

1 Like