Legendary armor sets ranking

How are players supposed to know a lot of the game’s inner mechanics? Should they know all of them and every intricate detail? Or is it good enough for the developers to introduce new players to bare basics to be able to play and leave the more advanced details to the min-max/hardcore (not the gamemode) players.

Again, i’m not a modder but I vaguely remember hearing from modders like ASYLUM101 that this is how the effects are set up in the skill’s dbr files.

You’re not looking through the forums hard enough. This has been known since the Ashes of Malmouth days. There was a list of all the secondary effects known made back then.

At least all other information is either not that important or is in Malawiglenn’s beginners guide. But loseing so much damage due to failed / improper damage conversion is a nonsense. It can be build ruining.

Why do I even have to? It should be in some kind of a guide or wiki. Why we need wiki after all? Or Game Guide?

Not really, because the game is balanced around this mechanic. e.g. rotgheist has inbuilt ~60% lightning/vit conversion

Isn’t this a little self-entitled? Why does malawiglenn or anyone else need to compile a guide for you?

Maybe you should ask malawiglenn to add it to his guide as well then :stuck_out_tongue:.

There are lots of small mechanics and details to Grim Dawn. I don’t know everything and still learn new things every now and then. New discoveries are regularly being made that contradict what we previously knew like the RR formula a couple of months back.

Because you don’t need it to play the game at a basic level. You can get through Normal and Veteran without knowing any of the game’s advanced mechanics like Torrent/Explosive Strike not being effected by skill modifier conversion. Heck, people can probably make it through Elite and Ultimate’s story mode (even if they’ll have a harder time than experienced players).

You only seek out these specific mechanics on the forums in guides or builds because you want to squeeze out as much in terms of stats on your characters.

Man this is IMPORTANT information. Can you understand that? It should be in game or Game Guide or whatever guide on this forum at least. I want to play GD not live on this forum and rummage through tens thousand of its topics.

I mean explosive strike has WD on it. Phys is converted into pierce regardless. As far as fire and lightning go, two strongest things are Stormheart and Blazeheart. Both are very unusual weapons with enormous amount of conversion. They can probably stay as they are. But conduit prefixes absolutely need to get full conversion.

edit: About EoR you might be right, i have no idea, don’t like the skill and never built around it anything

And talking about being self-entitled. You are a forum dweller :smiley: Not like 99% of other players . Don’t be that selfish and don’t require other players spend so much of their time on the forum trying to gather up all the pieces of information.

@Garfunkel: Sorry mate. I’m done.

Just want to say 1 last thing before leaving:

1. Yes I know this is important information
  2. Yes, it should be in a guide
  3. Others want to play GD as well, and not fucking spend hours detailing out every single mechanic of every single skill

So why don’t you write it now that you know about it? Why does someone else need to do it?

FFS, someone else has already done it.

I’ve written about this DOZENS of times.

Lastly, don’t bring evil_baka into this. I called you self-entitled.

So bring it up with me, mate.

Why me or anybody else should do the devs’ work? I didn’t say Malawi should have included that info in his guide i just pointed out it was not there or in any guide I know of. The only thing I know that information of such importance should be made clear to a player that is all.

I don’t see how that makes me self-entitled :man_shrugging:.

If you want to know how every detail in the game works, be prepared to search for them.

If I were just starting out in the game as a new player, I wouldn’t want to be told by the developers that I have to read pages and pages of guides first to really understand everything. I’d want to play the game and learn what I can as I go along and if I like the game (which I did, I loved Grim Dawn), I’d look into the game’s mechanics of my own volition to improve my characters and game knowledge.

It’s that simple - I liked the game so much I wanted to improve and learn more, so I sought the knowledge out in the community for myself. It’s the same for any other technical skill in the real world.

100% lighting to vitality for Primal Strike turns out a false information. That is should not happen no matter what. It is just counter-intuitive. Do not compare that to something like knowing in what orders defense layers work.

The devs have written a pretty detailed wiki, it just doesn’t cover everything. To what extent should the wiki go?

Should they make the code for the game public as well?

Besides, even if they did, you’d still need to go looking for it. And you wouldn’t go looking for it unless you knew about it in the first place.

Ergo, even if this information was in the wiki, you wouldn’t know it existed.

You still benefit from it - you convert any Lightning damage specifically on Primal Strike itself to Vitality damage like the base skill, Storm Surge and any further damage like Brute Force.

What you are confused about is that you did not know certain skills are not attached to primary skills and effected by transmuter-level conversion. Well hey, now you know. I guarantee you did not know many other things when starting the game and learning bits and pieces over time - this is another one is it not?

You would have to check the Game Guide to know the Order of Defense. So what difference is there between checking the Game Guide for game mechanics and running through the forums for other mechanics?

I will agree that this problem could be solved if crate would add “IS UNAFFECTED BY TRANSMUTER” to all such skill nodes.

But this has been brought up to them before, and nothing’s been done about it. What else can you do then?

You would defend Crate with all your fan-boyism :smiley: Even if the false information on a set should never even be in game. Never. Something that is unknown like a hidden mechanics maybe but 100% lightnig to vita is a false information. Period. If you don’t get it I have nothing to say.

I think we’re gonna have to agree to disagree as well if you’re gonna start throwing out petty insults :stuck_out_tongue:.

Are you serious or trolling? Game Guide is there easy to acces while rummaging the whole forum takes my valuable time from GD.

Or you could wonder why your damage is lower than it actually is

Look at in-game damage breakdown on sheet 2 data.

Ask people about the lightning damage.

Because you are again falsely assuming that you would have looked up this information before playing the game.

I remember Zantai saying phys to fire to Mortars applies to Big One, too. And he said that conversion applies to all modes of a skill in general.

Cyclone does Cold->Lightning conversion to Wind Devils as well for another.

Player pets get effected by conversion as normal. You can pretty much treat them as if you were the one casting the Mortar shell or Big One like a Fireball.