Legendary armor sets ranking

Hi guys. Just came across this interesting spreadsheet
I thinks it is by Safarel (well known russian streamer). Maybe I’m mistaken if so I’m sorry.
What are your thoughts about it?

I don’t know. Right off the bat I disagree with where allagast is placed.

Allagast is clearly “God-tier” imo.

But then again, this is so subjective. What even are the criteria being used to quantify how good or bad a set is?

I don’t see few sets. Octavius is missing.

The worst from the ranking is Infernal Knight been ranked as mediocre.

At same time, Krieg or Virtue are God tier??? Even Divinity and BK are there. Rimetongue set though isn’t trash tier by any means.

@nery: Right. And I think we all can agree that dark one’s is god-tier too

Disagree with so many of those.

Vanquisher, Dagallon and Infernal Knight being on meh tier which is head scratching. They are at the absolutely minimum good and Infernal Knight is amazing if we want to be honest.

Radaggan on good tier, what? It’s mediocre at best and needs buffs. Same for Diviner and Harra on really good tier, these sets need buffs more than anything.

Ultos has seen better days and it’s definitely not god tier. It’s still a solid set.

Author of the spreadsheet got one thing right though - and that’s rotgheist.

A set these days without any phys res is a big no no in my opinion and that’s the biggest falling of Rotgheist. Only fringe cases like Allagast seem to work with no phys res, but that’s the exception to the rule.

How does one even go about choosing the biggest shortcoming of rotgheist?

EDIT: There are quite a number of builds which do well without phys res. Dagallon, dark one’s, warborn, etc.

Active defence is the name of the game for these specs.

Chest has it.

Shoulders has it.

Ok. Sorry. By no phys res, I didn’t realize you literally meant NO phys res.

I did say “a set with no phys res”. Of course you can get phys res with Rotgheist but that’s with phys res from devotions and outside items. :smile:

Dark One also doesn’t have to really tank anything because it can kite and do damage and Warborn is heavy armor. Plus Warborn tends to be Soldier most of the time and brings the usual Soldier levels of defense.

I have wanted to try a Primal Strike Ritualist or Archon Rotgheist with Wildblood Crusher but the no innate phys res turned me off of it (plus i could barely reach 20% when making the build in Grimtools). Low phys res in melee builds usually mean you are gonna take a ton of damage from physical attacks, made worse if the set is medium armor.

To be fair, it was Ritualist and Archon. So maybe Conjurer is a better choice because of Aspect of the Guardian and damage absorption on possession.

It’s worth mentioning as well that 2 of the masteries Rotgheist supports (Shaman / Occultist) get Physical resistance from Aspect of the Guardian / Might of the Bear as well. I’m personally not keen on keeping up Savagery charges for it but it’s not unheard of for builds to do so which is why I’m mentioning it anyway.

I haven’t tested the Primal Strike/Vire’s Might side of it so can’t comment on those (though I hear they’re both bad). What I’d personally love is for Rotgheist to get energy regen and while it’ll never happen - Acid RR to Devouring Swarm wouldn’t hurt either to help some wacky Acid Conjurer/Archon variants.

There is no minimal amount of phys res a build needs. It depends on how you build around it. Rotghesit fails on so many other levels too:

• Lack of relevant res on a conjurer no less!
  • No OA/DA
  • No attack speed

IMO, phys res is the least of its problem because of adcth

I don´t think, Bloodrager is “God-Tier”. :frowning:

Gods have the tendency to be brought down be some hero…no need for that. :laughing:

1 Like

Do you mean voidsoul?

:grimacing: ofc that is what I mean…smh. Right, I mixed up those 2 by memory. Let me delete that post…

Right then, now that I’ve looked at the proper set… the main problem with this set when I was playing around with it was that building around DEE is not so awesome. It’s kind of lackluster even as a support skill (except the 18% reduced physical is useful). Not familiar with the primal strike vit side.

Although I have seen one good build with it (Sentinel).

1 Like

I’ll never given in to this cancer. Using Savagery for just stats is soul draining and i’ll have never do it. lol

Same for Righteous Fervor. They are either one of the main damage skills or not part of the build.

1 Like

Oh, that shit REEEAAL bad

Then you don’t get to complain about a lack of phys res :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, i do. I’m not gonna waste a bunch of points on a charging skill to just use it for stats.

What are you talking about???

So you think LA is cancer too then?

1 Like