Legendary armor sets ranking

It was briefly reviewed recently.

Well anyway, if you got some input on how the sets should be placed I think @Safarel might be still interested in it.

Safarel made a reference to it though just a week ago
the reply to the last bottom comment there

The thing is I’d be interested in an updated version for that spreadsheet if someone can make one. If you say that is outdated / wrong then would someone give us a more correct version please?

Are there sets on which there is a consensus for them being trash-tier?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1m1WYV

This thing clears in about 8 mins for me (could be down to 7.20 for a good pilot with good PC).

Basically shit weapon and shit set combined to work to their best abilities because of synergy.

The weapon needs attack speed, it’s been know for a while now. Vitality is not swimming in AS. You have to jump through a lot of hoops to bump it to a playable level.

I’d say the set needs a good portion of OA and DA, as simple as that. If this build had +20% attack speed and +120 of both OA and DA it would be pretty comfortable 6-7 mins.

Sadly Savagery is too valuable, you gimp yourself too hard without it.

Why not wildblood?

@banana_peel - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2E4DxJN

I also really like your choice of medal. Unintuitive solution to the crippling lack of DA

Because the point was to test bad weapon and set to see what do they need when their inner stats are utilized.

1 Like

Would it be too much trouble to try and maxmize the build? I’m very curious to see how high it can fly.

EDIT: Cursebearer is also the better ring of choice here as compared to signet of the fallen

You mean to test the set with different weapon? I can try. You do lose 20 vit RR, not sure if this will be much better.

Attack speed means more adcth and better survivability imo. 25% AS also compensates for the DPS loss which comes with lowered RR.

You also do gain -5% life leech reduction.

Also, as mentioned elsewhere, torrent works like explosive strike in that it doesn’t benefit from the 100% lightning/vit conversion on rotgheist set bonus.

HOWEVER, it is also unaffected by the DPS reduction from thunderous strikes.

Might want to check if hardcapping torrent is worth the skill points.

@banana_peel: Thanks for taking the time to test it!

1 Like

Nah, it didn’t improve much. Vit resistant targets were going down slower despite significant sheet dps increase. Might be faster with lucky mutators tho.

1 Like

Why it doesn’t benefit from the conversion? Could you explain plz? 100% lightning to vit should change all % and flat lightning damage to vitality.

There’s no why. It just is.

Basically some skill nodes (e.g. nightfall, explosive strike, torrent) just occur as a source of damage which is independent to the rest of the skill line, and thus are only affected by global buffs/conversions.

E.g. transmuters won’t affect them

@banana_peel: In your opinion, what does rotgheist need? Or is it fine the way it is?

I’m no modder but this is how I understand how they work:

Most mastery skill modifiers (the nodes on a skill line after a skill) are set/made so that they stack their damage/effects on top of the base skill like how Storm Surge stacks it’s damage on top of Primal Strike’s damage. These are effected by skill modifier conversion.

However, some effects aren’t made this way. They’re more of a “secondary effect” that don’t stack and only fires off when the primary skill they are attached to is fired e.g. when Primal Strike is used and it hits an enemy, a proc that is Torrent is applied and fired off on it’s own separate from Primal Strike, so it doesn’t benefit from Primal Strike’s skill modifier conversion.

Based on this, i get the feeling that secondary effects pretty much work like devotion procs if it’s easier to think of them that way.

I can only say from the melee stand point, i didn’t try dreeg eye spam.

It needs stats rebalance. More OA/DA, less health and maybe less res. Occultist vit relics are garbage without conversion. You end up taking serenity which doesn’t have OA/DA. So many holes to patch, including CC res, and you end up with garbage OA/DA. Also i had a big problem with freeze res. Literally nowhere to get, had to lose 2 bloodied crystals which is huge. Adding +40% freeze res to set bonus might be a cool and unique option.

And Torrent needs to be converted, as well as other skills like that for conduit prefix and such. It doesn’t make any sense they aren’t converted.

@Evil_Baka: According to fluff, this changed was imposed on FS line back when pierce was OP, because it was converting all that physical damage to pierce damage

Less res? first time I’ve heard of this.

Though things could’ve changed since the buffs to oak skin

For sure. One of the most crippling issues imo. It also needs attack speed…unless it was meant to be used as untransmuted PS…

Welcome to the world of vitality damage, where CC-res is no where to be found (outside of ascension)

Maybe adding 30% lightning to vit conversion on helm/4 set bonus?

EDIT: @evil_baka - actually, I might be misremembering once again, as I also more recently recall fluff being surprised to find out about explosive strike. Maybe it was ceno… :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t remember a time when Pierce Fire Strike was ever OP but Fluff/Ceno’s been around GD longer than I have.

I do remember Explosive Strike having it’s damage shifted back into Fire Strike a few years back.

Well… pierce FS is finally shining with that big bad valdun set!

Well how is a player supposed to know all that information that skill specific damage conversion doesn’t change Torrend / Explosive Strike damage?? Sounds like a bug to me honestly. This is realy SHIT mechanics. And I’m expressing my thoughts on it in a very mild manner.

There’s no information about that in game, no information in Game Guide no information in Malawiglenn’s guide… nowere lol . Is it like arcane knowledge?

Not sure about full lightning conversion. I don’t get the feeling it’s intended. And the helm with new conversion will probably be overwhelmed with stats. The devs just need to add hidden conversion for secondary autoattack skills for every modifier like that. It wont break anything, none of the builds with such gimmick modifier is currently a top performer.

Less res meaning i’m ready to give up some res if that is what it takes to get sufficient OA/DA. Or health set bonus can go away altogether. First iteration of the build had 17k health with Occultist as one of the classes. That doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

You could look at the tooltip damage breakdown, but yes.

I agree that it’s very poorly explained.

1. Game guide isn’t a complete breakdown of every single mechanic in GD. No one would read it if it was. Heck, not enough people read it as it is.

2. Malawiglenn’s guide was a summary for beginners. He can’t cover everything.

3. No…it was knowledge which was painstakingly tested by smarter players than both you or me. And even if someone were to write a guide on this, I garauntee you that this issue would pop up over and over again. Because no one really reads the guides we write :rofl:

It might break EoR and FS tbh.

@banana_peel - regarding the massive health pool…you have access to both brute force + HoTW. I think 17k seems reasonable :stuck_out_tongue: