Feedback on the new/old sets

Clairvoyant, Iskandra, Ulzuin and Bloodrager are the new-old / old-new sets in 1.1.2.0.

Give your feedback, feelings, hopes, disappointments, joys … about the new changes.

Iskandra:

I tried it on my Mage Hunter with Eastern Gloves/pants, Gildam Arcanum medal, Trozan Scepter (+1 projectile to TSS) and reign of ice and fire rings. Devotion: classic caster path with RR and ghoul.

Gameplay: TSS obviously, WoP for devo proc and Devastation.

Damage output: really good. One TSS projectile can crit at 100K.

Defence: squishy af, imo because I took Star Pact instead of Aura of Censure.

Pros:
Pink TSS :smiley:
Good damage

Cons:
5 pieces set = difficult to find room for another damaging ability
has to be built defensively (devotions)
Can’t kite

I really can’t wait to try my hand at TSS :stuck_out_tongue:

How were you getting enough R.R. with starpaxt?

I wanted to try with high CDR first. (Ultos, Elemental Storm, eldritch) and the bonus proc’ has RR. Anyway, when you play Inquisitor, Aura of Censure trumps everything. I’ll have to wait for GT to be updated to try a serious attempt.

I also tried Ulzuin, very quickly (I put the set on my Dagallon Purifier without changing anything but augments/components). It seems very promising but with the usual issues with Ulzuin: squishyness and lack of skill points for the second mastery. Here too, it’ll need some thoughts.

ISKANDRA

gtools of build i used, gtools

1800 spirit, 3.5k oa
+2k cold light fire dmg, +2k fburn burn electrocurte
maxd IEE, 20 pts overload, 18 inner focus or something 26trozan cant remember other lines
ignore my resist just checkd dmg
kinda random devotion nothing min maxd, but i tried to do what set wants to do, go with full all ele dmg and devotion route
picked most items for flat ele as much as possible to see %25wep dmg effect on set
didnt take any items with +tss projectile to see set own viablity

dmg was meh as far as i can say, nowhere near medicore TSS builds. after 3 4 boc runs.

playstyle; also feels meh cause you have limited option to cycle other spells.

first impressions, i really didnt like it… but so much test has to be done its just some random stuff and testing first hours

for VS this is my ancient spellbreaker some weird stuff tested for sure LUL
gtools of TSS CT spellbreaker will prolly polished tomorrow love the playstyle btw

• +150k TSS hits are so common
  • +100k fburns are ultra common
  • good CT dmgcouldnt test much yet

Indeed. That’s why I loved Allagast gameplay compared to my TSS Druid because you had StormBox and WoP between two TSS. (Allagast is another set I’ve never been able to make work, but that’s not the point here).

Nice spellbreaker btw.

does the set you already have before patch gets updated?

Bloodrager:

Tried only Shard 55 and 56 yesterday and - not surprising - my Trickster performed very good, but not only because of changes to set.

There are no real “Cons”; the only thing which could be mentioned is that the set uses Amulet Slot so never has the chance to try new conduits. :wink:

Pros:

• change of resistances to set to make it much easier to cap some especially Elemental and Poison
  • procc on helmet is great for smooth gameplay and for all builds which have no heal button; 10 % Health on Enemy Death is very nice
  • adding Physical Resistance helps a lot
  • the “on crit”-procc for full set is only a little better as the “old” “on enemy death” but fits

Feelings:
Well, somewhat mixed feelings. If Trickster will perform too good, well let the deserved nerfs come. But keepn in mind this more or less the only Bleeding Set for Melee Bleeding Builds, so not only Tricksters would be nerfed.

Yes. No need to farm items again in GD.

Ulzuin’s
Proc’s are amazing, managed 3 buff 170 in ~11 minutes with poor piloting and unleveled devotions on shieldbreaker. Not sure if canister actually does much, spread is too large to hit one target with most of the fragments unless it’s some giant thing like kuba. ~3k oa, 2.8k da low hp, low armor, low phys res. Blast shield as the main source of sustain on 7 second cd 4 duration so it’s up most of the time.
Purifier is probably better I just don’t have one.

this set is actually quite impossible to play imo mate. after some more runs, i dont see any solution.

set covers 5 piece that locks you down only full ele/ele dot TSS which is suboptimal already. and most importantly further itemization is not there and non exist.
writing down here, all new conduits also gonna suffer from this most of the time.

there is no support spell like devils, totems, CT, shadow strike, rune of haggard or something.

dmg of TSS is not enough to carry this set, i mean TSS builds never work like that anyway, you need other spells to cycle and deal aeo dmg and soften enemies for bigboom TSS crits. i dont see chillspike spam being solution either. also set cries for +1 tss projectile even +2 :confused:

another big issue is finding reliable another source of RR… set wants you to go full ele without picking one, you can probably make some weirdass bwc + tss hybrid and other X + tss hybrid from wep slot and such but dont know.

set gives you -15RR on proc which i dont like already, -32 from elemental storm : -47 RR, 2 options left behind outside of wep slot like elgoloth RR
devils and censure

you cant go censure imo, cause its quite meh to play TSS without starpact, BUT broken aura of censure might even save this.
devils left on the pool and their AI is cancerous and trozan set already supports it and does better job than this.

i might test more later on.

Ulzuin is Boss.

It decimates Cruci and MC. Haven’t Recored there. But can do tough SR 75 mobs too with proper defenses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ypHbpGlMX8

Mana hungry with oathkeeper? Does the set gives any energy Regen at all?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I kinda rushed testing it. I should have probably added a Soul shard then it’s all fine.

No but it has lots of reduced cost in total to canister

Damn, adding component other than bloody Crystal / runebound topaz in ring is the one I hate the most.

That’s a failed design then. The set is obviously goes from range attacker to caster. They even put CDR on the rifle. They should put some energy Regen in chest, head, and rifle at least.

The proc seems glorious. I might build one only for the proc. Lol…

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Tried on a purifier and had large energy issues. You really can’t take much advantage of repeated coodown reduction in prolonged fights and otherwise are chucking energy potions as soon as they are of cooldown.

I did not use energy regen components/augments for the jewelry as you need to OA and DA from them but did use a arcane spark, seal of annihilation and Scholar’s Light (which is a sub optimal devotion for my devotion path as I needed replace Solemn Watcher with Wolverine to take it).
I think it needs something like harp to solve the energy issues or make do with a realy low OA. Wich really should not be case for such an build.

Edit: Replaced the seal of annihilation with a Ectoplasma and replaced Solael’s Vision with Dreegs Foresight. Still have energy issues.

Have you tried the Clairvoyant Set yet ? I TCed a little yesterday: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GXoQlV
but oh boy, it seems so squishy.