[Feedback] on the Xbox One Version of the Game!

Hey Folks!
I kinda thought about open a topic about GD on Xbox to give our Feedback. I start with mine:

So far i really enjoy the Game on Xbox Series X, it runs pretty stable and “overall” looks pretty good. I personally didn’t encounter any bug yet, but consider that i had to boot it via New-Zealand Trick earlier i aren’t that deep into the game yet.

• The “Controls” & “UI” might not be exactly Diablo 3 Niveau, but they pretty well done esp. considering it trys to keep the PC Experience intact. It’s not super consolized as D3 where you even had an avoid-button and a ring-inventory properly tinkered for a console-experience. But i’m gonna be honest on that, that’s also something which i already enjoyed about D2R because i simply like the grid-inventory and managing my stuff. Also one thing which i like about it, because from what i personally remember that’s not the case for PC(but would be cool if you add it on there as well), is the Options-UI where you can tinker around your Gamepad-Controls. (I instantly changed Health,- & Energy-pots to D-PAD left and right and put on LB/RB actually skillslots)

• The only Suggestion which i would have, seeing that you already put in the functionality that you can switch back and forth between Hotbar 1 and 2, i’d love to see a option where Hotbar 2 is only switched temporarily if you hold it down the assigned button. In that way you would fix something some people already complained about on PC Gamepad-Controls and would give a smoother, more Natural Access to more Skills in Combat.

• About Multiplayer i can’t say much because i didn’t try yet.

• I really want UI Scaling like small, normal or big, or even better an slider. I simply enjoy it to make my HUDs for most Games a bit smaller so the screen isn’t as cluttered.

• /edit: Another thing which i miss and hopefully will come to Xbox are the loyalist packs.

Now about the big Elephant in the Room, the whole “debate” over “1080p / 30fps” on Xbox Series X|S. (Even One X enhancements).

Now i already shared my take on in the Xbox News Thread, so i won’t repeat myself how i feel about, however that being said, if you get your Hands on a Xbox Devkit.

• It would be obviously great if you target 60FPS with the Resolution it works the best with. However if this “1440p with 60fps would work” is a correct one, and i want to point out i can’t even assume how much work optimization take, i find a “Performance”-Mode and a “Resolution”-Mode would be pretty good idea, because there are quite alot people who can’t tell the diff. between 30 and 60fps and/or rather take a higher resolution.

• Another Functionality which i geninuly miss and i’m never exhausted enough to mention it because i great i find it, i really hope with a XSX Kit you might also look into the “Quick Resume” functionality, because for me personally it’s one of the best functionality ever and i pretty much miss it rn on my PC, Switch and PS4. For People who don’t know what exactly it is… Games which support it, when you change to a different Game or whatever, it “stops” the Game, and if you pick it up again, it not only have faster loadingtimes, you even are spot on where you are left. Even further it also works if you shutdown the console or even pull it off from the power. It’s such an great feature if friends show up and want to play together or if you simply want to play a diff game for a while or if you have to go(to work) for awhile and poweroff your console, you can straight jump back and continue where you left the game.

That’s my thoughts so far. How about yours?

I’ll add to this. Text size for me is too small on my 40 inch tv.

I love how it’s playing and gameplay with the controller is very responsive. My only issue is that on my 40 inch tv, the text with almost everything is so small, it’s barely readable. Please consider adding some way of adjusting the text size because it’s hurting my eyes especially when I’m trying to read descriptions of items which are the smallest. Seems like a small thing but it’s disappointing when I spend AUD$82.50 on a game which requires a lot of stat reading. Hopefully a patch for this comes sooner rather than later!!

3 Likes

I really miss ui scaling . Its unreadable for couch play on a TV .

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.