[Feedback] Petition to return Fire to Lightning conversion to Cindertouch gloves

It was moved to a helm… I believe the lightning mortar on? I can’t remember

1 Like

Correct, Dread Mask of Gurgoth now has 25% Fire -> Lightning.

1 Like

We’ve gotten a nice alternate choice for fire gloves this patch.
Grim_Dawn_HMIxLPS5wZ

That’s not true. It was an integral part of such builds as Lightning PRM Mage Hunter (which got the last bit of Lightning removed from it it seems), Lightning Canister Sorc and Lightning Cyclone Vindicator and other Cyclone builds.

Are you kidding me, how many gloves Fire has now.

1 Like

Invoker Shard still converts 50% Aether to Lightning on PRM. Still, Invoker has always drastically favored Fire to Lightning with little comparison, so I’m not sure why the change comes as a shock. One might even go so far as to say that this is simply a gimmick build…

These are the same link.

And being as you have exceeding little convertible Fire Damage on this build (…basically…just Censure/Seal, 33% of Elemental Storm, and the 50 flat fire mod to Wind Devils), I hardly think the loss of this conversion will in any way

It did not. It used to favour Lightning, then it became even then it became a Fire one.

Nice bait calling one of the most consistent and strongest casters in the game a gimmick

Thanks for explaining me how my builds work. Here is the Sorc btw.

1 Like

Anytime. :+1:

1 Like

Lightning PRM Mage Hunter just lost about 30% of its power. Crucible Clear time is much slower now and because ADTCH is now worse and build became prone for dying. So much for your knowledge of builds.

%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

3 Likes

4 Likes

These gloves are NOT only for lightning damage, but for 2 types of damage.
Zantai did the right thing.
Best patch :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Didn’t find an option in the pool so i’ll write a comment.

These gloves are very strong and some fire casters would like to have them in their arsenal for sure. But half of endgame builds are made around conversions so any conversion removal would inevitably hurt several builds.

I’d suggest to bring back this conversion on some other generic glove piece. Thundertouch is the first thing that comes to mind. Gloves with similar stats overal (but no proc) and i can’t remember any (fire) build using them.

5 Likes

I think it’s better to return the conversion fire to lightning or give as/cs as compensation.

What’s the comprehensive list of archetypes affected by this change and how much of an auto pick were the gloves on those builds?

So the question is, how many builds were killed by the glove change vs. how many builds would be enabled by the helm change. Given that sets do not usually include gloves but do usually include helms, I would say more for the former than for the latter.

1 Like

I agree, though I have yet to see evidence of any of the former.

FWIW, It’s not as though I never used these on my Lightning Cyclone builds either. Now I don’t. The builds still function, so obviously the gloves were not essential for me.

If your build can still do the main campaign ultimate, then it hasn’t been broken…:clown_face:

1 Like

Lol at the poll results.

As if this is news, if your build is “broken” by an update, present your evidence, emphasis on evidence.

Don’t bother making polls to revert changes. They will not be considered even if it’s overwhelmingly in your favor.

4 Likes

Just about every non-LD lightning build.

Cyclone. Both elementalist and shieldbreaker just lost like 10% total dmg. Lightning sorcerers of all kind.

You guys always say “evidence.” What does it even mean? A video where I can’t kill Darrius Cronley? You know that will not happen because of -10% total dmg.

Faction gear builds also “function.” So basically everything “functions” at a certain level. There can be no “evidence” of things “not functioning” because it’s the level on which they function that changes not the duality of “functions-not functions”. You guys are shutting down all feedback with this one word “evidence.”

It’s because if you like lightning you click yes, if fire then no. So 50/50. And then there is a small minority of those who like and play all dmg types. I bet they mostly clicked yes. Fire already had very good gloves Wyrmscales packing big oa so Cindertouches do not add much to the fire type outside of the proc, and this change took away a whole lot lightning demolitionist synergy.

Good idea.

1 Like

Was there any evidence and/or research that Fire gloves needed another pair when they have Wyrmbones, Handguards of Justice and Gauntlets of Ignaffar? Or did someone just suggest “Hey, you know what would be cool - to remove conversion from Cindertouch?” and you went with it? Because just by looking at Lightning meta you can see that those gloves is an important puzzle piece to a lot of Lightning builds. And Lightning meta is less than hot after all the nerfs you gave it.

Here is a piece of evidence:

Top PRM build that you yourself have nerfed multiple times (the most awkward nerf changing the damage split to 70/30% in favour of Fire despite Invoker being thematically bi-elemental set). Damage split before gloves nerfs:

Overwhelmingly Fire despite conversion and Lightning devotions.

Damage split after gloves nerf:

%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

(should be higher with Iskandra’s relic proc but distribution would be the same of course).

I have deleted the videos of my runs but I have no problems recording it again. Give me 15 minutes.

1 Like