[Feedback] Petition to return Fire to Lightning conversion to Cindertouch gloves

Really made those gloves stand out and be an integral part of quite a few builds. Fire gloves already had quite a few options. Lightning gloves only had Light Defender and Cindertouch. In my opinion, removal of conversion does not make sense especially after Lightning was nerfed into mediocre type of damage in the last patch.

• Yes, please revert the conversion nerf
    • No, I like them more without the conversion

0 voters

Absolutely. These are vital, not even integral, VITAL for quite several builds.

Fire builds have several decent gloves like justicars, dawnshard and wyrmbone. I would like to see more diversity in lightning gloves and some compensation for the lost conversion

I want to know what was the reason behind the change. One of the positives of GD was build diversity, and this takes away from it.

The explanation is simple.

The developers hate lightining damage.

I’ve never seen an ARPG with so many limited options for lightning builds, as I’ve encountered in this game.

One of the most egregious examples, is on how they STILL refuses to let melee builds to benefit from thatlightning aura skill, by making it available through an ammunition component, so you can’t use the aura if you’re playing a two handed weapon build.

It’s almost as if they don’t want to make some damage types have more build options. And no, I’m not saying the aura is mandatory for lightning builds, but it would really help to be able to benefit from that aura, without pçaying a caster or ranged character…

Fucking lol. :rofl: You got me.

Edit: Abstain. Cindertouch are and have been amazing Fire gloves if not for the presence of this conversion. OTOH, this conversion is decently unique. On the other other hand, this particular conversion was fairly limited and didn’t really make or break any builds.

8 Likes

Agree with this so I’m not voting. Conversion removal made me think FLAMING WIND DEVILS BUILD BABY then back to WHERE THE FUCK DO I GET FIRE TO LIGHTNING NOW?

1 Like

I wanted to use them several times and always decided not to because of the conversion. I like this change. But I agree that loosing this conversion generally is bad. It could be moved somewhere else.

3 Likes

It was moved to a helm… I believe the lightning mortar on? I can’t remember

1 Like

Correct, Dread Mask of Gurgoth now has 25% Fire -> Lightning.

1 Like

We’ve gotten a nice alternate choice for fire gloves this patch.
Grim_Dawn_HMIxLPS5wZ

That’s not true. It was an integral part of such builds as Lightning PRM Mage Hunter (which got the last bit of Lightning removed from it it seems), Lightning Canister Sorc and Lightning Cyclone Vindicator and other Cyclone builds.

Are you kidding me, how many gloves Fire has now.

1 Like

Invoker Shard still converts 50% Aether to Lightning on PRM. Still, Invoker has always drastically favored Fire to Lightning with little comparison, so I’m not sure why the change comes as a shock. One might even go so far as to say that this is simply a gimmick build…

These are the same link.

And being as you have exceeding little convertible Fire Damage on this build (…basically…just Censure/Seal, 33% of Elemental Storm, and the 50 flat fire mod to Wind Devils), I hardly think the loss of this conversion will in any way

It did not. It used to favour Lightning, then it became even then it became a Fire one.

Nice bait calling one of the most consistent and strongest casters in the game a gimmick

Thanks for explaining me how my builds work. Here is the Sorc btw.

1 Like

Anytime. :+1:

1 Like

Lightning PRM Mage Hunter just lost about 30% of its power. Crucible Clear time is much slower now and because ADTCH is now worse and build became prone for dying. So much for your knowledge of builds.

%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

3 Likes

4 Likes

These gloves are NOT only for lightning damage, but for 2 types of damage.
Zantai did the right thing.
Best patch :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Didn’t find an option in the pool so i’ll write a comment.

These gloves are very strong and some fire casters would like to have them in their arsenal for sure. But half of endgame builds are made around conversions so any conversion removal would inevitably hurt several builds.

I’d suggest to bring back this conversion on some other generic glove piece. Thundertouch is the first thing that comes to mind. Gloves with similar stats overal (but no proc) and i can’t remember any (fire) build using them.

5 Likes

I think it’s better to return the conversion fire to lightning or give as/cs as compensation.