[Feedback] Pierce jewellery/weapons/off-hands and the lack of casting speed

Recently when I have been updating my Pierce caster Infiltrator build I have noticed that Pierce items in general don’t have casting speed. I understand that initially Pierce was meant to be a pure melee damage, but Grim Dawn, being an amazing game in terms of build diversity and opportunities, offers players a change to play a Pierce caster archetype. However, casting speed on most Pierce items is missing and seeing how one of the masteries that caters to Pierce caster archetype - Inquisitor - lacks casting speed in general, I propose adding casting speed to some Pierce jewellery/off-hands/weapons. Here are some examples of key Pierce items that could have casting speed:

1. Rimetongue set - a caster set with caster stats except it lacks casting speed. 5-8% Casting speed would fit the amulet pretty well:
    %D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5
  2. Different Pierce rings and amulets:
  3. Pierce Caster weapons and (one) off-hand:

Now I am not saying that all of those items should immediately be buffed with casting speed. It’s up to Crate to decide. But it would be really nice if at least some of those would get that casting speed. It would be a huge quality of life improvement for Pierce casters.

3 Likes

I was trying myself to build caster with Janitor off hand and noticed my Infiltrator had only 135% or so casting speed. That’s stopping you from spamming skills and even pianoing skills suffer, so I agree with the idea.

1 Like

Maybe it’s easier to just add casting speed to the Aura of Conviction (at a cost of minor reductions to other stats). Here is why:

1. This aura only looks strong for pierce. But in reality another exclusive skill of the mastery outperforms it both offensively and defensively.
    Also when you play a Tactician, choosing between Oleron’s Rage and Aura of Conviction is actually a close call in favor of the AoC. This should absolutely not be the case because AoC is exclusively pierce.

2. The aura gives flat pierce which is basically a melee buff. It would be fair to balance it with a caster buff.

2 Likes

add spreadsheets. people love spreadsheets and they make visualization easier.

on to reading the thread…

anyways this is what a casual gt search gave me.

soooo, a rare gloves suffix? Which means that?..

apparently there is no pierce damage% and casting speed bonus beyond a few things, some which are converting AWAY from pierce.

Well yeah, only exception would be blue Pierce gloves and Grasp of Unchained Might gloves (that don’t even have %pierce damage) as well as Spite Sword and total speed bonus on Belgothian Sigils.

5-7% total speed on nemesis relic too.

Finally, a lee thread I agree with.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.