I wanted to give a shout out to whoever wrote the Trip South. I read it right after dinner. I may need to dig out some anacids. Thanks.

So far, great game.

I’m actually mildly disappointed you don’t encounter the mother or daughter as a boss in the Asterkarn wilderness.

Did you see the size of the things we encounter there? So to me it’s more than likely that the hunter became the hunted

It’s actually one of my favourite stories in the game. It’s just so dark and it shows how messed up the entire world become after the Grim Dawn.

And yeah, they were most likely killed by the Chillmanes or Grobles.

There is that, yeah. That and the fact that their prey of choice (humans passing by on the Asterkarn Road) became a lot more rare post-Grim Dawn. Still, who knows? I could think of some somewhat-plausible scenarios in a post-Grim Dawn world where one or both of them are still alive and kicking (and hunting and killing and eating).

These are some of my favorite lore pieces as well. :smiley:

However, there are a few things that bug me about them :eek: but, i’ts been awhile scene I’ve collected and read them so if i am wrong please correct :slight_smile:

1. It took them like over a month to travel that far, when it takes our toon like 2 minutes with mobs of enemies.

2. Judging by the notes and where you find them, they were traveling north-west/west, not south.

3. This could go either way here. Its odd that they were eating people yet, there are untouched meals at all three locations. However, maybe those meals are PEOPLE :eek: Don’t touch them just incase :rolleyes:

1. The world may not be to scale. It would be a little tedious if it were.

2. This might also explain why it was taking them over a month to find their way south.

3. What do you think all the untouched meals are? You’re interrupting monsters and cultists from sitting down to a nice dinner.

1. Obviously it isn’t that would be ridiculously tedious if it were, for both players and Crate :eek:. It was more or less me just being stupid and nit picky, wishing they were spaced a little further apart :stuck_out_tongue:

2. I’m not sure if they ever did find their way south. Again its been awhile sense i’ve read them but, im pretty sure the last one ends with them going crazy, hunting down men, eating them then the writing becomes illegible with no real hint of where they went or what happened after that. It could be the case that they didnt care which direction they were going in after they started to go crazy, they just wanted to eat. :undecided: :confused:

3. Well some other meals i can see this being the case but, in some spots i can defiantly see them being real food and not people. :undecided: could go either way :slight_smile:

I will even pay for the completion of this short story. Make that ebook please Zantai.

I’m flattered, but apart from my editing and review, A Trip South is an E. Sexton production.

Oh my god. I thought it was you i was seeing in that sickening plot of writing. :stuck_out_tongue: Apologies to Zantai and Hyboreal.

Sir E. Sexton, please consider writing the full story of this gem.

They were travelling south, but the notes got scattered at a later time.

Think about it, the mother that was writing the diary wouldn’t rip a page every time she would complete one and leave it at each camp site. She probably had all notes at the last camp site, where they went insane, but some group at a later campaign (maybe Kymon’s Chosen going to the Tomb of the Archon Bartholen) found the notes and read them during their travel to north, leaving pages at each place they camped, and the food there is regular food they left, not human flesh that should be rotten already.