[Feedback] Stop overnerfing builds

I took a break from the game 1+ year ago, around the time when the Witchinghour pet Cabalist
was able to run Crusible150+ , but still required serious micromanagement to avoid death
on the higher waves. And you could still get screwed and killed if the wrong bosses
spawned on the last wave - killing all your pets instantly.

And now i returned about a month ago and finding out the hard way that this build
is not only no longer viable for Crusible, but it can’t even handle Challenger 150+
because of all the new bosses that has been added to the game, combined with the
complete and utter overnerf that was done to this build.

Can you please stop nerfing builds that can run endgame content ? .

Polishing a build and moderately reducing it’s performance is OK,
but taking a build that performs well, and utterly destroying it in an update is bad.

2 Likes

Loving how you avoided giving any concrete detail about the build you’re using or how it was nerfed.

1 Like

I’m sorry to point that out, but adding new bosses into Crucible had fucked up every build equally. And it is some of the weaker build concepts that got left in the dust due to that, which WH Cabalist shouldn’t be. Have you tried, I don’t know, adjusting your build?

6 Likes

I was using this build
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/ghol-witching-hour-cabalist/50766

Grimtools

Currently getting absolutely destroyed even in challenger mode 150+ ,
even when using buffs for HP (puts me and 22k) and maxed resists.

1 Like

Oookay, patch 1.1.2.2 then.

New bosses were already in back then, evident by sigatrev’s own cruci runs.

Witching Hour buffed since then, rings buffed too. Ghol untouched, but it wasn’t weak to begin with.

Moreover, pets back then didn’t benefit much from cruci buffs, now they do. Literally blanket buff to all pet builds in cruci.

I don’t see what was overnerfed about it.

2 Likes

almost feel that crate should add another 10 waves to crucible now. 150-170 is supposed to be a brutal challenge and its funny that people complain when they cannot walk over it.

1 Like

Pet builds like the one you posted have only been buffed. There were no nerfs.

However Skeleton based pet build had always struggled and require rather high amount of finesse and piloting skills to do well with.

The only thing that really changed are the aggro mechanics. Enemies aggro better in crucible now instead of getting stuck at spawn, so you need to account for that. That ofcourse, affects all builds.

At AOM’s release it was incredibly difficult and very few builds could actually finish it. Then there were a ton of threads whining about it and Zantai ended up nerfing those waves.

1 Like

If nothing has really changed, and pets has actually been buffed, i must be doing something
terribly wrong because.
A: My pets dies instantly to some waves.
B: Some mobs ignores the pets, chases me down and …Game over .

I’d confess i’m not the best player, but challenger 150+ didn’t use to be such a problem,
and i could solo 150+ Crusible if i was careful and didnt’ get bad champion spawns.

There are some newer skeleton builds around and some new Ghol builds.

Both together do not really work well anymore. Skeleton are meant to be re-summond a lot and now do better in SR then cruci.

THe MI version of build should kind of still work :slight_smile:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAzEeBZ

But here in the topic, the current skeli state was discussed by the elite-pet builders :slight_smile:

some more skele-cabalists:

1 Like

When checking your build I have seen that your build needs a bit more Resistances. Not only for you. For your Pets as well.

So probably the items you have, have been changed a bit related to resistances. Maybe you want to have a look on your components and augments again… and maybe the stats in Grim Tools are different to real in game stats…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.