[Feedback] The Great Ranged Balance Discussion

I was more talking about range Primal strike or transmuted FW use rather then well, AA + ABB nuke. But man it look good. Too bad looks pretty much impossible without GD stashing

Haven’t tried it for similar reasons, I prefer spam over cooldown and that acid setup is as low as it goes. Cold doesn’t get any abb cooldown mods.

1 Like

I wish there was some other item with -0,7 sec cooldown reduction to ABB. Maybe medal or ring. Yeah, three items instead of one node, but together it would have become pseudo no cooldown mod xD

There is now MI medal for ABB. I have a pretty un polished build, with reasonable gear. BUT I am not as good as plasmo etc in CR so my testings would be pretty meaningless. Though my build is way tankier and suited for SR, not this 11k hp 2,4k DA stuff that the CR dudes are doing. For my tastes and purposes ranged 2H ABB is ok but not great.

Overall its kinda hard to compare builds and do balance in this game due to 1) fantazy items or not 2) insane good pilot or not. But that is another issue.

I thought it was ok last time i tried it. Doesn’t have raw power like Primal Strike but consistently good AoE is nice, it’s steadily been buffed over the updates as well compared to Plasmo’s 1.1.5 build so I imagine it’s probably fine nowadays on Dervish, maybe Witch Hunter too.

DW Ranged ABB is something I’ve wanted to make work as it’s the only version that uses both main-hand and off-hand for damage at the same time - 2-handed/S&B just use the main hand, DW melee just uses the off-hand. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2ggX1W2 is something I drew up for Acid ABB recently, albeit untested. I took quite a lot from dmt’s melee Dervish for it as it is really well made so have to give thanks to her :+1:.

You meant FS instead of FW, right? I cannot even imagine this :thinking: these combinations seem very suboptimal.

1 Like

Transmuted Fire Strike? What is that?

These Green nodes / skills on both side of FS are transmuters, aren’t they?
Couldn’t imagine @Valkinaz thinking about Forcewave spam and having to ABB enemies at close range at the same time.

Yeah but I think he is referring to spam PS and FW vs ABB that he wants a 0cdr option for it (which you can but not with ranged weapons) vs nuke PS and FW.
This is the context as I understood it

Yeah, I was talking about 0cdr version of PS and FW. My English fails hard sometimes

1 Like

Showing up to this party late but here’s my take on a Korvan Wyrm Vindicator. Still tweaking things here and there but as linked he farms 75-76 with relative ease. Good AoE, single target in boss rooms not so much. But I still usually finish with plenty of time left on the clock, give or take some depending on bad mutators.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0mP4XZ

First off, I’m sure some will raise eyebrows at the devotion path. I like the combination of Korvaak + Empyrion for toughness/crowd control and it helps balance my resists out. I tried a few more “traditional” ranged devo paths (Azrakaa, Ulzaad, Scales, etc) but I just didn’t like them for this toon. DPS goes up but OA and survivability is worse.

I also tried some different gear combos before settling on the full SR set. No extra conversion, obviously, but the extra bonuses to +skills help make up for it and push damage. ADCTH is also low, but it doesn’t matter that much. Standing in seal with wendigo dropped is usually enough for 75-76.

Anyways, the obvious elephant in the room building around this weapon is lack of an Attack Speed roll. I could squeeze in another 10% by changing some components but then my OA takes a hit. I feel like 2900+ (before procs) is a good spot for comfortability in farming SR. The proposed buff to Kraken should be a nice boost come next patch.

Weapon does look sweet though with some Korvan flair thrown in for good measure. Also those yellow seals sure are purty to look at :wink:

2 Likes

isn’t hard capping arcane empowerment more worth than hard capping deadly aim?
And hard capping blood pact over mogdrogens pact, give how flat physical vs flat converted to physical interacts / does not interact with armor

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BrO3K2

1 Like

Just a copy pasta of my feedback on the 1.9.2 thread

Some feedback on Mythical Korvan Wyrm
The build in question: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKG0OoN
I tried building around the concept of CD primal strike, which is what the item obviously wants the player to do. I stacked as much dot support as I could manage into the build for the CD version. The results are shown in the video below. While for the most part the build feels safe, it ultimately can die just due to lack of kill speed. I had more or less neutral damage mutators here, and the results were less than average. Armored or shattered mutator makes things absolutely terrible. (almost assured failure) I understand the argument could be made for turning the item into a thunderous strike item, but there is a lot more work to make that work than making the CD version work IMO.

My thoughts on potential changes.

• replace lightning/electrocute % damage bonuses on the weapon with %bleeding damage instead. When using the item for primal strike there is no lightning left to support with the crossbow, making those % values entirely useless. Also increasing the average base value from 255% to ~300% would help.
  • Increase the flat IT granted by the crossbow. At a max roll it is roughly ~142 /sec of weapon flat… which isn’t anything to write home about. (and/or add flat bleeding damage if the first suggestion is taken)
  • Give Inquisitor seal 10 - 15% physical RR and/or a flat cooldown reduction mod.
  • Give Inquisitor seal a flat IT mod 200-400 IT per second + increase the summon limit or increase the radius. This could be an interesting option due to the dot stacking mechanics behind player pets
  • Add % internal trauma damage to farseer medal. Supporting four damage types isn’t unusual for a medal
  • Increase the DA value on dustbrawler shoulders + increase the skill bonuses to +3. This would allow for capping of inquisitor seal easier.
  • Add a +2 meter radius mod to primal strike.
  • Increase average CDR roll on Korvan wyrm to 17% instead of 12%
  • Flat CD reduction for primal strike somewhere.

These are just my ideas. A combination of them could lead to a nice end game build to be made around this item. I hope something can be done to improve this combo. The visuals of golden inquisitor seals and gold lightning are fantastic.

4 Likes

I’ll try out the suggestion with Blood Pact… honestly didn’t even think about the Vit conversion on the belt! I’d like to swap it out for Guthook tbh, but I need the OA. As for Deadly Aim vs AE, again I prefer the 2% OA. It doesn’t sound like a lot but I like as much as I can squeeze in.

This was the problem I was having with testing a non-SR set build. The damage was there, but I was susceptible to slow debuffing. Then it becomes a cascade effect of sorts and I couldn’t kill mobs fast enough and I’d get swarmed under.

But that 2% OA is not permanent.

Not to mention Deadly Aim requires a crit to activate, meaning 2862 OA isn’t exactly a good OA value to proc it consistently.

1 Like

Well, neither is the seal. The difference between soft and hard cap DA is 3340-ish vs about 3400 when up.

In-game it’s 2922 before procs, and storm box w/ Eye of Korvaak get the crits going.

Might give that spam PS version a try and see how it feels, the last time I tried was multiple buffs and build practice ago, so it was not SR75 capable at the time. Probably a little more damage out of the AE+BP changes but not going to be earth shattering.

Have you tested in crucible to see how it holds up? Sounds like a steady/safe SR75 farm at least?

I haven’t tested it in crucible yet but my initial thought is that it would be slow (plus my piloting skills leave a lot to be desired). I’ll take a run at it this weekend and see how it fares.

For 75-76 it’s safe as long as I’m not being lazy around the likes of Grava and Alex. I’ll get some video recorded soon and post it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.