Feedback - Things that would be nice to be addressed

Hello dear devs and fellow settlers. Here are some things I noticed in game and others that were brought to my attention about things happening wrong during game play:

1-I would like to start with the problem in this post

The player here wrote in Portuguese, probably because he doesn’t know English. Anyway, his question was about the “herb” needed to upgrade the shelter never arriving in the house. I answered by the possibility of the house being occupied by professions that might be always away from the house, like miners, so the resupplying would take longer, and he asked me how to fix it. Unfortunately right now there’s no fix for this issue. A simple solution for this would be if the herb is available the task of providing to any house would fall for the guy from the market, taking away the randomness of if happen or not whenever game do it.

2-Speaking of the market… One thing I noticed that there’s a lot of theft in this game and “no”, I’m not talking about the raiders, but the market guy himself. Several times I noticed that when the label “Stocking Market” appears on his head, sometimes he takes food or firewood from other houses to keep the market supplied, also other villagers from other houses take away the same things from other houses. By the time I noticed, it was too late to make a video of the constant theft inside the towns.

3-Now here’s one that makes my gaming experience miserable. That one happens with any villager doing any task at any given time, but let’s give an example what happened to me on my last game play. I’ve found a lonely blueberry bush in a distance of let’s say 10 houses away from the settlement. Marked it to be moved inside the town. So the builder started moving and half way decided “shelter stocking”. Once he done that, here he goes again, and almost half house away from the blueberry, went “seeking for food”. Then the one first after the blueberry decided that other task was more important so he went “Handling Upkeep” and other went in his place and of course had to return before finishing the task due a “blizzard”. There has to be a way to force any villager finish any given task once started, because everything that needed to be done suffers from the same effect, like exploration building, etc…

4-Talking about building that is a very annoying issue that curses this game. The task of getting resources from storage to building site is very frustrating. An example is, you will build a house, you will need 10 wood, you have hundreds on storage, you already know that the builder can carry all the 10 at once, but no, he will carry like 3, then 2, then 5 or any given fraction of what needed. On my last gaming session, I built like 15 bee hives, I know builder can carry 10 planks at once, but despite I had 500 on storage there were some times that builder only carried one plank. This kind of situation delay the evolution of your town and sometimes occupy more builders than needed.

5-Last and not less important is the house upgrading system. From one Tier to another, house need to fulfill certain conditions, and one of them is always types of food available. We need that the market guy check the conditions needed of all houses, if the desirability was reached, he needs to resupply the houses about to be upgraded first, then the other houses.

Hope this help to improve everyone’s game, thanks for reading.

5 Likes

Continuing on the list:

6-When you have stations that have more than 1 worker, such as Sawing Pit or Bakery, any structure that holds more than 1 settler doing the same task, there will be a time that station will be needing resupplying, and then that’s when the issue arrives. The saw pit is the most annoying of them, you at the beginning can have 6 workers. 5 of them will get idle when the resources available ends, and the only one working will stop his works to resupply the building, no matter how many are available on storage of if the storage is right beside the station. Same thing happens when the station is over capacity, most of the workers will become idle while the only one working will transfer the produced goods.

7-Raiders also found their way to some glitches. Here’s one interesting. When you’re prompted of a raid attack the banner says: "A group of XX raiders were spotted "where XX will be the amount of raiders attacking you. So let’s say banner says 45 raiders are attacking. So you go after them, kill let’s say 43 look everywhere and there’s no sign of the 2 missing. Then you get the warn that the village was raided, without finding them.

I’ll will try to be updating this post as I play through the town I’m building right now.

6- Nice observation, I didnt notice for transfering goods when full…
7- The result of the raid appears late, when last raiders surviving are out of map. Beware of courageous hunters chasing them to the border, lacking arrows… :rofl:

1 Like

Very interesting.

Regarding Point 2, I had no idea that was happening. I can only assume it was programmed in deliberately. If there is some kind of law enforcement/patrolling guards, they could stop it when they see it happening. Unless the villagers have some kind of communal agreement where they are allowed to take what they need from each other.

Point 3 has always annoyed me to no end. Villagers should be organising their shelter stocking around their other tasks, not dropping everything because some timer ran out. Finish the current task, then do it before starting the next one. Seeking food, I can understand, but, if possible, it should be done between tasks. If they are going to have to travel a long distance for a task, they could carry some food with them. It would reduce their carrying capacity but allow for longer trips. Having delays between tasks is much more sensible than tasks taking 3 times as long because of being abandoned halfway through.

Re: Point 4, I don’t understand why they’re so inefficient, especially if the distance is short. I can understand them carrying less based on the distance they need to carry the load. But over short distances they should carry as much as possible.

Point 6 is another extremely frustrating and unrealistic waste of time. When a resource runs low in a production building with multiple workers, one of them should stop working and go get more supplies before they run out, so the rest aren’t idle the entire time. Production would be slower during the time there is one less worker, but shouldn’t stop altogether, or if it does it would be for less time. If there are any workers idle, or who have finished their current production cycle, they should be the one to go get more supplies, so nobody needs to interrupt a job.

You make good points.

Point 3 - If housing is within a market’s radius then the marketeers stock the housing, not the villagers themsevles.

Point 4 - From back in November 2022:

If they’re still doing it then please report it as a bug in the Bug Reporting section of the forum.

About your comment on point 3, here’s the current AI behavior on my construction area 5x3+5x3 demonstrated on graphic:

HHHHH
H w H
HHHHH
oooMooo
HHHHH
H w H
HHHHH
H=House
w=well
M=market
House count 24
1-All houses are on Market’s range
2-after placing school and few decorations most will reach the 30 desirability required
3-here’s where the problem starts to get upgraded we need 1 herb and 2 types of food. Herbs are brought by the owners of the house, so miners, guards, hunters and foragers will suffer from this, because they spend most of the year on their stations.
4-Assuming 15 houses are already T2, very often, like 9 in 10 times, market guy resupply the houses already upgraded with 2 types of food and with water the houses that need to be upgraded. The only situation when those houses will receive 2 types of food will be if there are children living in there after school session. Otherwise is like a RND chance of market guy to resupply them, like he’s an old man with poor sight and was not sure if he visited a house or not.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.