[Feedback] Unstoppable mutator destroys Olexra and Blade Trap

I think the upmost / the most yellow 1.2 based Crit is calculated correctly,
it’s the two lighter Crits with 1.1 base that are “compensated”,
provided I read these colors correctly. I never play with damage numbers on or read DPS number :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, pretty much that’s the case, I guess! That extra multiplier from excessive OA is a “natural” number and that light yellow is “compensated”, which makes both high OA and “some” crit damage practically useless with this mutator =\ Would it kill the game if it was made a 20% penalty instead of 30% I wonder…

You have 5 seeds for mutator. Chance to avoid Unst. in 1st seed is 26/27, chance to avoid it in 2nd seed is 25/26, in 3rd - 24/25, in 4th - 23/24, in 5th - 22/23. Chance to avoid Unst. in all 5 seeds is multiplication of all, i.e. 22/27.

You have to avoid Unst. in all 5 seeds two times in a row, two independant rolls, hence chance to avoid Unst. in a run is (22/27)^2. Chance to get it is 1-(chance to avoid it) because there is no other outcome.

2 Likes

This is how it’s counted in Hold’em. Same card cannot drop on both turn and river so 1 out probability on turn is 1/47 but on river it gets better with 1/46.

Ah, I get it… In Holdem, these are two calculations in two different situations. If to count 1 out chance on either turn or river, it’s 2/47. I was wrong of course

Anyways, at least we all agree mutators suck :slight_smile:

So let’s say you wanna speedrun with OFF and need to avoid Shattered, Resistant and Unstopabble. Then you got

1-((24/27)(23/26)(22/25)(21/24)(20/23))^2 = alt + f4

correct?

1 Like

Another simple proof could like this (but still longer than just “it’s obvious that it’s 5/27”):

• let’s consider every (A,B,C,D,E) mutator sequence (mutators different in sequence)
    and say there’s N of them in total

• since we have 5 mutators in every sequence, we have 5*N mutators in total in all our sequences

• all 27 mutators must appear with the same frequency, so just Unstoppable appears 5*N/27 times

• but in every sequence there can be at most 1 Unstopabble mutator so there are 5*N/27 sequences with this mutator

• the probability of this mutator occuring in one wave is therefore
    P = #sequences_with_Unstoppable / #all_sequences =
    = 5*N/27 / N =
    = 5/27

We are going to normalize CC resists in the Crucible and Shattered Realm such that Nemesis bosses, and a select few standard bosses, will have CC resists that match a typical boss.

This will have virtually no impact on regular builds, but the additional -20% reduction on those enemies should help Mageslayer’s and Rimetongue builds considerably.

9 Likes

Sounds good, although as for now mageslayer (can’t speak on rimetongue’s behalf because havent played it as much) can freeze every nemesis except Moosi. So the problem here is just the incosistency due to unstoppable mut that practically makes it’s impossible to aplly Olexra on enemiers, but -20% global reduction in CC’s should help with it i guess.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.