[Feedback] Uroborruk's Reaping Arc

this game has enough of weird targeting, i believe both RA and BA shares the very same template.

1 Like

You guys bring it up time and again, and once again I find no evidence of this “feeling”. We had some discrepancies in animation speeds a long long time ago, and they were all brought in line with each other across weapon types.

I have no idea what you guys think this “WPS penalty” is.

Just frames required for an attack compared to the basic swing. For instance, Markovian (and i believe Reaping and Burning Void use the same animation) for DW is quite smooth while for 2H it’s a different animation, it’s a huge jump with the weapon which requires more frames.

I have no complaint about Zolhan and Feral. Smite animations seems to be ok as well. Didn’t test Necrotic after the patch. But those jump animations are slow and it’s a single target hit so it’s very underwhelming.

Someone made a spreadsheet for attacks per minute with different WPS for 2H, i believe it was @supertolik

It is a unique animation that matches other weapon groups.

Yes, that one is longer, simple enough change to make 1h/2h match dual wield in that regard. Not actually sure how dual wield ended up with the faster one but I suppose we can make that the standard.

9 Likes

Oh boy, it’s Zantai nerfing time. image

3 Likes

Well now that I hope the drama has subsided…

First off, thank you for gathering this build set.

The thread mostly confirms some other suspicions I’ve had, though Pierce performance did take me by surprise a bit. Given that it’s decked out in fantasy greens though, I think that mostly lends itself to the “problem” of rare Pierce affixes just generally being rather generous. Not sure I want to make any drastic changes there as it’s kind of always been Pierce’s thing and we’re talking about a build that would take a human lifetime to assemble. Perhaps an adjustment to an affix or two in the grand scheme.

I think the Pack of Treacherous Means also remains a bit too viable for Pierce melee when it’s intended to be a range supporting item, so we may shift its elemental conversion to the granted passive.

Aether damage stacking is particularly problematic with the Spellbinder combination, as you can imagine, which the results seen with Reaping Arc reinforce. I’d actually like to shift some of that flat power away from that mastery combo and give to other masteries (ex. shift some flat Aether on the Krieg set to Soldier rather than giving access to all of it with Spellbinder).

The rest fall roughly around where I expected they would, perhaps a little faster than is desirable.

The changes that have already been made for Reaping Arc pretty much align with what’s been discussed here, so I suppose I’ll share the general direction. That said, don’t take what’s posted here as gospel. Further changes may be made down the line as we work on v1.1.9.2.

Reaping Arc:

• Weapon damage reduced to 210%
  • Flat Aether damage removed, Vitality damage increased to 100 (yes, the Aether archetype does convert Vitality to Aether effectively, but the reverse is not as easy)
  • Target arc and max targets reduced to 210 / 6
  • Added 100% of Elemental dealt as Vitality

In light of this thread, we’ll also throw in the following:

• Updated Jump Attack speed for 1h and 2h melee. This animation is used on many item WPS and melee skills as well as Soldier’s Markovian’s Advantage. Dual Wield has for a long time benefited from a snappier version of this animation. Should be a roughly 34% increase based on napkin math.
  • Increase Speed bonuses on Kraken for 2h AA builds.

P.S. I’ve seen some commentary elsewhere on omg how did X or Y take 3 months to make. I thought that this was apparent already, but maybe not…Crate has several projects in the works. The scope of what the company will be releasing in upcoming years has expanded dramatically. Someone isn’t sitting in the legendary items spreadsheet tinkering with numbers for 3 months straight. :stuck_out_tongue:

On a similar note, I can’t say when v1.1.9.2 will be released as there isn’t exactly anything pressing that needs to be addressed, but supporting Grim Dawn is still very much on our minds. I can say already that there are some Epic sets that could use some love, so we’ll probably give those a pass for the patch as well.

Beyond that, we always appreciate the community working with us on making the game better for everyone and may do another patch discussion to get things rolling, so keep the feedback coming!

35 Likes

image Hell yeah.

5 Likes

That’s really good, especially when you see 170 AS and 197 CS with ultos set :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is really good

I like the words you say Mr. Zantai, sir.

1 Like

Zantai is a generous god.

1 Like

The values look good. 100% elemental dealt as vitality however shriks the number of possible builds with the relic because cold flat is the most common flat in the game, it’s present on Soul Harvest and Lethal Assault, on many items. So you often have an option to go around with some conversions rather than straight up stacking natural flat from all possible affixes. And having to charge Soul Harvest and Lethal Assault is always a big drawback.

As for the belt, it’s indeed too strong and removing one of the conversions if a good idea. However there must be a replacement on other pieces of gear, for example on some helmet, so you can’t have +1 to all skills Ravager’s Dreadgaze if you want to convert everything, and it’d be a tough call between the two.

In my opinion, forcing the conversions or removing them altogether hasn’t done any good for the variety of this game. And i like how for some types of conversions there are portions of them sprinkled around the items so you have a lot of difficult choices.

Also worth noting that ranged pierce builds (FS) that use the very same belt are currently almost as deadly as melee builds, and easier to play as well.

3 Likes

Zantai constellation when?

4 Likes

Also just gonna assume this means elemental will be showered with lots of other goodies :face_with_monocle:

Hi there!
Glad you started to solve 2h melee meta.
When we started testing RA I got a question. Is 4.30 in crucible OP? And yeah, very few 2handed autoattackers reach this. Some of builds, like Warder or Archon could get 4-5k HP advantage compared to average builds, but not other ones.
Problems of WPS pool you’ve already discussed, that is good.

But what I want to say.

2h has AS limit much lower than 1h.
And despite of all AS bonuses this limit pushes builds backward.
So I suggest increasing this limit a bit, for instance to 3.78, if game allows to do it in a simple way.
This wont break the game balance, but definitely helps to autoattackers.

best regards

5 Likes

Wouldn’t that make 1h weapons super bad? 2h weapons being almost as fast as 1h.

Is that not already the case?

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/7923

This is not a helm though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, the problem with this ring is it has very poor stats even compared to some nogreen options. Very low %dmg, lone pierce res that is almost always overcapped on pierce builds, no OA/DA. For the majority of possible builds, including DW with NB and even Fire Strike, you are just better off taking even a single-rare green ring, or Belgo, or Jaxxon for ranged.
Granted skill is a single target and on a lengthy cd compared to, say, Black Matriarch.

Last time i’ve seen it being used where it made sense was pierce caster Infiltrator - because you HAVE to have all ele converted there, there is no question of a choice, give and takes.

Just to give another example. There was always a discussion among us, whether or not you can justify taking Lethal Assault on pierce DW, gathering all the ranks for it and constantly having to worry about charging it up. And only the access to full ranks and full conversion tipped the scales in favor of taking it on a mixed build with a lot of + to all skills. Take Belgo BM - and LA is not worth it anymore, even with this belt, because Belgo doesn’t have enough skillpoints and is better of investing them into WPS. You can also see some of pierce BMs made by Chinese crowd - and all of them skip LA.

So there is actually a close balance line here. And without access to ele conversion on items with some value the builds will just become more straightforward. And i don’t think it’s what you are aiming for.

I’d like to see more of small portions of ele to pierce conversion on other unused items, like you did with other types, it seem to be working quite well :smiley:.

Well I can see updating the resists on that ring, but…isn’t the ring is less desirable kind of the point? By virtue of that conversion becoming unavailable on the belt, the value of that conversion on the ring becomes more appealing. You are making a trade-off.

Besides, apart from maybe the Whisperer of Secrets, I’m not sure where exactly such conversion could even go in the head slot.

1 Like