[Feedback] Uroborruk's Reaping Arc

I like the words you say Mr. Zantai, sir.

1 Like

Zantai is a generous god.

1 Like

The values look good. 100% elemental dealt as vitality however shriks the number of possible builds with the relic because cold flat is the most common flat in the game, it’s present on Soul Harvest and Lethal Assault, on many items. So you often have an option to go around with some conversions rather than straight up stacking natural flat from all possible affixes. And having to charge Soul Harvest and Lethal Assault is always a big drawback.

As for the belt, it’s indeed too strong and removing one of the conversions if a good idea. However there must be a replacement on other pieces of gear, for example on some helmet, so you can’t have +1 to all skills Ravager’s Dreadgaze if you want to convert everything, and it’d be a tough call between the two.

In my opinion, forcing the conversions or removing them altogether hasn’t done any good for the variety of this game. And i like how for some types of conversions there are portions of them sprinkled around the items so you have a lot of difficult choices.

Also worth noting that ranged pierce builds (FS) that use the very same belt are currently almost as deadly as melee builds, and easier to play as well.

3 Likes

Zantai constellation when?

4 Likes

Also just gonna assume this means elemental will be showered with lots of other goodies :face_with_monocle:

Hi there!
Glad you started to solve 2h melee meta.
When we started testing RA I got a question. Is 4.30 in crucible OP? And yeah, very few 2handed autoattackers reach this. Some of builds, like Warder or Archon could get 4-5k HP advantage compared to average builds, but not other ones.
Problems of WPS pool you’ve already discussed, that is good.

But what I want to say.

2h has AS limit much lower than 1h.
And despite of all AS bonuses this limit pushes builds backward.
So I suggest increasing this limit a bit, for instance to 3.78, if game allows to do it in a simple way.
This wont break the game balance, but definitely helps to autoattackers.

best regards

5 Likes

Wouldn’t that make 1h weapons super bad? 2h weapons being almost as fast as 1h.

Is that not already the case?

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/7923

This is not a helm though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, the problem with this ring is it has very poor stats even compared to some nogreen options. Very low %dmg, lone pierce res that is almost always overcapped on pierce builds, no OA/DA. For the majority of possible builds, including DW with NB and even Fire Strike, you are just better off taking even a single-rare green ring, or Belgo, or Jaxxon for ranged.
Granted skill is a single target and on a lengthy cd compared to, say, Black Matriarch.

Last time i’ve seen it being used where it made sense was pierce caster Infiltrator - because you HAVE to have all ele converted there, there is no question of a choice, give and takes.

Just to give another example. There was always a discussion among us, whether or not you can justify taking Lethal Assault on pierce DW, gathering all the ranks for it and constantly having to worry about charging it up. And only the access to full ranks and full conversion tipped the scales in favor of taking it on a mixed build with a lot of + to all skills. Take Belgo BM - and LA is not worth it anymore, even with this belt, because Belgo doesn’t have enough skillpoints and is better of investing them into WPS. You can also see some of pierce BMs made by Chinese crowd - and all of them skip LA.

So there is actually a close balance line here. And without access to ele conversion on items with some value the builds will just become more straightforward. And i don’t think it’s what you are aiming for.

I’d like to see more of small portions of ele to pierce conversion on other unused items, like you did with other types, it seem to be working quite well :smiley:.

Well I can see updating the resists on that ring, but…isn’t the ring is less desirable kind of the point? By virtue of that conversion becoming unavailable on the belt, the value of that conversion on the ring becomes more appealing. You are making a trade-off.

Besides, apart from maybe the Whisperer of Secrets, I’m not sure where exactly such conversion could even go in the head slot.

1 Like

I always found Bladetwster’s % pierce damage to be super low compared to other items with % pierce damage. I know it’s the thing of pierce, to have lower % damage than other damage types, but the gap here is way too large.

is +/- 20% that much when you have like 3k dmg in total? at least

Great news!

I think it’s logical that 2H speed cap is lower than DW. but the problem is, you can easily reach %200 AS with most DW melee builds but you rarely see even %190 without buffs(bloodrager,barbaros buff etc) with 2Hs and lots of monster slows your speed which makes 2H’s suffer even more. Kraken provide more speed should compensate this a bit.

Lol i always thought it was like 70% max because all the ones i have are between 58% and 70%. Guess i got bad rolls exclusively.

I do find it had to believe pierce damage reaching 3k% damage though. Maybe 2500%, but that’s stretching it.

“in total” means the 100% default and the cunning bonus. Here I just took the first pierce blademaster I could find in dragons compendium

755 from cunning 2448 damage bonus = 3,3k in total.

Absolutely. It has to be weaker than prime pierce rings without this conversion. But it doesn’t have to be that much weaker. You straight up get more dmg with a strong pierce ring instead of Bladetwister for every melee build, it’s not even close.

From the helms, maybe Whisperer of Secrets (low %pierce, make it more of a bleeding/pierce item) or Mask of Delirium (cool item, unused, replace some of the stats with the conversion).

1 Like

I rarely count the % damage on attributes when i’m mentioning how much damage my character has, hence why it was confusing to me.

I do have to point out that Blackwatch Seal has 67% damage max roll while the % physical damage reaches 109% damage. This is the only pierce ring where there’s a big gap between pierce and another damage type (Nightscorn doesn’t count since it’s a cold ring with pierce to cold on top).

(just to Reaping Arc)

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but this change destroys Reaping Arc damage
on my 2 Guardian / Reaping Arc builds (in their current form), right?

Aether one:

(picture doesn’t show 1 bonus Guardian we get in 1.1.9.1)

Fire one:

This is a perfect thematic filler for these builds
as I can melee together with my Guardians.

c

1 Like

Yeah, this conversion would deny a lot of possible builds for the skill that’s why i’m strongly against it. Just 210% and additional vitality sounds great, enough vitality inclination and enough generic potential.

1 Like