[Feedback] Uroborruk's Reaping Arc

That said, I suppose I can see going in the other direction and embracing the wider use of it and replacing the % Aether bonus with a % All damage modifier. Uroboruuk was such a smart fella, maybe he dabbled in other magics.

Seems like quite a stretch. If Reaping Arc is going to be turned into a generalist skill then it should be placed on its own relic, while Uroboruuk’s Reaping could get a different skill entirely. Like a player-scaled pet would be really cool. Or pseudo-pets like Azrakaa’s wind devils.

2 Likes

Personally I felt like scourge strike is a better place for a main attack/filler skill to be added instead of a +1 class relic. It would be similar to the Oblivion relic then, but with melee arc filler instead of casting. (I still like the idea of turning scourge into a 2h auto attack replacer instead though)

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s exactly as I thought recently - move RA to the Scourge relic and rework Uroboruuk’s Reaping to support, for example, some sort of pet or other neat concept.

1 Like

Uhm… Why suggesting to reverse things and complicate everything? Leave RA(with WD adjustment mentioned above) as it is and make scourge something else?

Make it cold version of the Annihilation? Make it buff like stormcaller? Give it elemental RR like ignaffar proc? or WPS as suggested above? I agree it is useless as it is but swapping newly changed RA is…

I tried it before the 1.1.9.1 with a dw cold reaper, used as AA replacer but 2,4 CD is too long; you hit atleast 6-7 with basic attacks before rehitting Scourge Strike. Even with %100 WPS the results were worse than beronath. Did dummy tests and SR. It diminish sustain significantly. Did 75-76 without much problem but again didn’t felt good and I don’t believe %30-40 more WD will change it. Even lesser CD might not work since DW with capped AS you reach almost 4 attack per second.

1 Like

With regards to Pierce Reaping Arc, the suffix “of Amarasta’s Fury” is one of the most stacked affixes in the game. It gives flat Cunning, Pierce Damage, Chaos Resistance, Slow Resistance (the most necessary for an attacking Nightblade), and points to Lethal Assault - a very good flat damage boost where both types can be converted to Piercing thanks to the belt.

If you make it so that both Elemental and Acid damage can be easily (or with enough greens) converted to Piercing, “Amarasta’s Fury” stacking will bork a Nightblade build similar to stacking “Stalwart” affixes when DA stacking provided increasing returns.

I don’t think there’s an affix which can provide so many necessary bonuses at once - maybe “of Blades” for retaliation (though with all the retal nerfs, viable gear that provides good bonuses + retaliation is hard to find), maybe “of Solael’s Malice” for Occultists, but rings can be abused far less than armor affixes. When the difference between a no MI Pierce build and a build with 4 “Yellow Resistance prefix of Amarasta’s Flurry” could be up to 50%, that’s something that should be looked into.

1 Like

Yeah Amarasta’s Flurry is stacked but Cuttroat’s prefix is even stronger.
I’d say both need their cunning bonuses removed. The main reason MI pierce builds have so much more dmg than purple ones is first and foremost cunning stacking which trippledips the dmg through %dmg, higher OA and faster Assassin’s Mark proc.

LA bonus must stay because it’s a different rout to aquire dmg on WD focused builds and, again, on many, many builds it’s viable only just, especially after OA removal.

1 Like

Why the need to nerf pierce affixes all of a sudden? Because pierce RA is OP or what? Yeah, right, lets hit every build because of that. “Cutthroat’s” is only available on jewelry and belts. Now tell me, how many pierce builds use green medals, rings and/or belts?

For “Amarasta’s Flurry”, if you struggle to get slow res and your build can allow for, say, two of those suffixes, then why shouldn’t you use it?

People seem to abuse “Formidable” and “of Kings” more. Shall we nerf them as well? Because they can be used on pierce RA as well.

1 Like

We have now 2 Arcs from relics - spam and CD. And the last one looks like doesn’t work well. The one way to address the issue is to move spam arc from Necromancer relic to Scourge and the other way is to redesign the skill on Scourge to make it more useful and attractive to players.

Let see feedback/thoughts on this from other community members and maybe Zantai as well.

Scourge is not an full arc actually, more like a Cadence, blazing eruption fits better because of huge aoe. I understand what you’re saying but since the Uroboruuk’s Reaping relic has just redesigned, is it really logical to suggest reverse it all over again? But it’s logical to suggest the useless one to be reworked, which is Scourge.

Depends on Crate’s vision of the relics future, I guess. I’m fine with both variants. :smiley:

I don’t have much of a say whether pierce affixes should be nerfed or not cause I haven’t played pierce in a long time but what you’re saying is an overreaction. Did anyone ever talk about the slow res on that suffix? Cause all I see are damage nerf suggestions.

It was said “those affixes are stacked”, which is true to some extent. You can get slow res from other affixes, but what if I want slow res + chaos res + cunning? Amarasta’s Flurry is the one I need, and it may not even be a pierce build. It’s the same deal as aforementioned “Formidable” prefix. It is supposed to be used on physical builds, but phys res alone justifies it being used on non-phys builds. Same for “Thunderstruck” I guess, and some others that I can’t remember right now.

All I’m saying is, before RA changes everyone was fine with pierce affixes being stacked, but now it’s not the case because pierce RA is too good? Doesn’t make much sense to me, unless I completely misunderstood this topic.

It doesn’t mean you should be able to get that in a single affix tho. honestly it’s the same with the other affixes you mentioned. It just hasn’t been discussed as much. Just because there are other OP affixes doesn’t mean one should also stay OP. But I’m not the judge of that so I’m gonna remain neutral. I’m just talking in general cases.

I don’t think “everyone was fine”. Before the patch, you can already see the difference between say fantasy belgo and all purple belgo. Also, the fastest pierce build before RA was fantasy dervish. Of course it’s to be expected since fantasy green stats are overall better than legendaries but the question is how much better should fantasy be compared to non fantasy?

This being discussed when RA happened is merely a coincidence because RA doesn’t have a dedicated weapon unlike most mastery skills which gravitates minmaxers towards greens, so it made the affix issue noticeable.

Well, I mean, if people GDstash fantasy greens, the game shouldn’t be balanced around that, obviously.

As an example, I farmed for Viper Sandspitters since 1.1.9.0 and I got Tyrant’s / of Fervor just a couple of days ago! Is this powerfull? You bet. But it’s my reward for being stubborn or whatever. It’s a million to one occurance, so it can’t be that OP getting just right affixes.

But I guess I’m okay with toning some of them down - but not outright removing stats from them.

Hard to tell because

1. GD is a non competative game
  2. There is a program called GD stash

I tend to agree tho in this case zantai himself seems to acknowledge the issue with pierce affixes but he enclosed “problem” in quotations which means he might not even touch it even tho he knows it’s too strong, maybe due to what you’ve said.

Agree with 1. Disagree with 2. Regardless of GDstash, the items exist and are used by people. Also, you’re really serious with that gdstash hater persona, are you :rofl: hail mamba

1 Like

:upside_down_face: still cant understand why people hate builds with double rare greens if :

1. this items have affixes coresponding their base damage type
  2. this items dont have specific mastery affix with +level to certain skill (medals, chests, helms and other mastery affixes)
2 Likes

Most of it is a carryover from the hate back from these items basically can’t be obtained legit due to how rare they were.

Yeah but if GD stash did not exist, then those items would be insane rare and thus could be valued more and be reasonable to be so powerful. GD stash kinda creates a inflation.

Not hating on GD stash, but it kinda skewes matters.

They are easier these days yes, but still not “easy”. If you really think they are easy to get, then you wipe your entire “account” and start fresh and then tell me how many hours you needed to create that pierce build even with just “Cuttroat of spines” items :slight_smile:

Rare items should be powerful. How powerful? I do not know but at least there should be some fairness. Having one damage type being more benefitial of fantasy items compared to others is not good.

4 Likes

It’s still very hard to get double rares. I have stashed grava, reaper and kuba pants with amarastan flurry suffix; I mean I have a few with same or different prefix of those pants but in whole I have dozens of them. The rate of amarastan flurry suffix is like 1/10. My play time is over 2,4k so it’s not the result of persistent farming but result of playing continueosly with different characters and getting the affixes inevitably.

But ask me how many double rares with amarastan flurry suffix I have? Maybe one or two and mostly unrelated. Ask me how many double rare theodin marcell scepter, blaze herald, malkadar sword? Same. Getting perfect matched double rares is still harder than you guys imagine… I even tried to target farm some MI weapons but never get the affix combination I really want with some of them.

Yes single rares are much easy to get now, you can get aggressive/of amarastan flurry with most pants easily. But you really can’t get tempest/of amarastan flurry with a solael-sect pants or even with blue grava’s. It’s still very unlikely to have.