[Feedback] Why can't Soldier have 100% War Cry uptime?

depends on the purpose of the skill

I mean the only skill that comes to mind that works fine with long ass CD is Devastation. Which is not exactly a top-tier skill nowadays. But at least it makes sense, because it has a duration.

Stuff with added cd like Dunefiend Shadow Strike or Bramblevine DEE (tested that btw) don’t really work well. Or Ring of Steel mod from Chillheart which is actually not only increasing RoS cd but also decreasing its overall damage output (the math behind that item is mind boggling).

Imo, if a spell with 5-7 seconds cd to be made usefull, it should have like 3k flat damage or something, like a real NUKE with really gamebreaking impact.

Exactly. Devastation makes sense to have long CD, since it’s harness aether meteors to fall on top of enemies heads. But War Cry base CD is too long. Make the % DR smaller, scale the perks with points investment but make it the skill more versatile. Just look Omen .

2 Likes

sry nery but it’s not a great comparison. One could argue omen is lightly op now anyway, WC talk aside

how is devastation CD even close to WC ?

like judgement?

We can play Targo warlord and get both actually :stuck_out_tongue:

But only cause they are two very different skills, with different purpose, and different classes

And screw Warborn and other builds that can actually get it under 5 seconds? No thanks.

I judge’em every 2,4 (2,8? I forgot) seconds, son. Once you get enough flat CD for that skill it becomes and extremely fun and powerful to play (but you know that, you made similiar paladin before me).

BTW Judgment is a great example of a long ass nuke skill with great itemization. Because it was designed much later than WC. It’s a super fun and mighty skill. I love it.

Warborn EoR have damage reduction from Soulfire already and Cadence have other problems, if you remember. And DK can use Omen or RE, since they need procers.

don’t you son me :stuck_out_tongue:

And yes. You are correct. Judgement is doing it’s business being a totally different skill. It was my point

Warborn only uses EoR, am i right? Wait. And DK is the only Soldier build in the game now, there aren’t others that use War Cry and only have War Cry as damage reduction.

Doesn’t change the fact that there are other builds that use War Cry that can get it nearly to 5 secs or lower and lowering the DR would screw them over.

And my point is that Judgment design and itemization around it is really great, unlike that of WC. And if WC gets better itemization and different from current one design, it won’t make it like all other skills.

Well actually if you have Warborn (or other) Soldier with WC cd around 1,5 seconds it could be fun and effective and open up some builds with relevant WC mods. Singer Barb could be a reality.

Totally unpopular opinion:
I hate Warcry as a skill, don’t like to use it, don’t want to cast it. Mostly because it has super long CD for a debuff.

Personally I think debuff skill should have low CD. Super long CD like that should be reserve as a nuker.

It will be great if warcry become a nuker instead and the debuff is shifted to counter strike.

3 Likes

A great suggestion for Crucible, where you want screenwide nukes and melee-range debuffs, and a terrible suggestion for Campaign, where you want the opposite.

Elaborate…?

The Campaign of Grim Dawn, this odd, back-end thing that only the vast majority of players (based on sales) cares about, contests players with up-close beefy enemies and far-away damaging enemies. As a result, generally you want high damage up-close and debuffs to extend far and wide so that something at the edge of your screen doesn’t drop a meteor on your head and annihilate you (are some of you still avoiding Aleks in the Campaign, btw?).

This is of course quite different from the manic swarms of Crucible.

or a timed debuff that is almost as long as the CD and needs to be used at the right time rather than spam …Barb singers in D2 :smiley:

Which is why i suggested some changes in my first post.

You want more CD, I wanted that. Just my opinion and the direction i’d like to see it go towards

At the end of the day WC needs to be a bit more fun to use so some good might come out of all this

1 Like

hahaha, no, none of the top-tier Crucible or SR builds would ever back off against any Campaign Nemesis

1 Like

Well, for me it’s like, and yes i understand that especially Crucible Players don’t “care” much about that, and is more about how “effective” it is, but i voted for no due it’s “part” of the Playstyle and also the fitting way for the Skill itself. I mean the Skill is called “War Cry” and not “Aura of War”… and that’s why i expect from such a skill to be a more active skill which i need to use to activate it and, not as passive or a active passive (or toggable passive - sorry language barrier).

I simply like it to dash into enemies, make a war cry and than use my other skills, because in that way the Class plays more active and define a different “playstyle”, instead of having more of an Paladin Aura-Style playstyle where you have aura’s up and care about one or few sole Damage Skills.

I mean if you find a good way, to keep war cry the way it is as a playstyle and “buff” it so it might fit more the consistency of other Skills in terms how effective is… okay, that’s one thing, but i’m not fond of the idea to change it from a active debuff to a aura debuff / active passive debuff.

/Edit: Also i enjoy the skill in Multiplayer as a “aggro” skill for trashmobs…

1 Like

What about reducing both the skill cd and it’s duration? It would be really nice to have it more readily available to mitigate incoming damage on demand, and it would be more interactive and fun to use. ‘Crap there comes a big ass greenish meteor —> WC’. Nooow that would depend on how the game works, mainly if the damage reduction would affect skills already cast…

If game mechanics allow it, I would keep break morale’s debuff duration the same, to prevent dps loss from actual values when there’s no need to mitigate damage.

3 Likes

Warcry is in a good spot, i dont see why there is a need to change it up, its already a STRONG skill. Not overpowered, but strong.

Its effect is powerfull, but it cant be mantained. It also hits the whole screen, which is a huge upside compared to other damage reduction skills out there. And if you really REALLY want constant uptime on it, just invest into it. Either warborn, or the messengers MI, or just cdr. Its a screen wide AOE that nukes the heck out of everything, reduces its damage output not only trough the % dmg reduction, but also skill disruption (which people often times forget), and reduces resistances in 2 ways. Its a crazy skill, that if anything would need a nerf and not a buff.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.