[Feedback] Why can't Soldier have 100% War Cry uptime?

You can’t call my view limited and then not give me examples where this “customizability” exists. The argument does not work that way.

So Krieg is too strong to have 100% uptime from War Cry? Where is the logic in that “-1s to WC mod”? I think Krieg Death Knight can skip War Cry altogether these days.

Again, there was logic for this back in Vanilla. But now it just looks archaic.

The only thing this thread will accomplish is have the War Cry mods from Krieg be deleted.

Why? Just to spite players? Oh well.

Where did I say that?

Exactly! All the other suggestions are boring.

of course you can, if you start a mod, you might as well throw that in too

ok, so what about the other 6 masteries then ? should they also get permanent debuffs because Inquisitor has that ? There is no point in making all masteries the same, then we might as well have one or two only…

Feel free to play the game however you want with your mod, no need to change / ruin it for everyone else

+1. The 2.5 second gap is actually quite large. Sometimes in real gameplay the skill doesn’t activate after I press the button (lag? Bug? Is this a personal problem?). The situation gets worse by that. So, I agree with no cooldown on 12/12.

Also, I think the biggest problem with WC is that there is no appeal after the soft cap compared to other-% DR skills.
The range is large enough with soft caps, and increasing scaling is less attractive. The amount of DR is the same as Ill omen.
I’ve never had a WC above 12, and I’ve never seen a hard-capped person.

2 Likes

We are talking about how skill’s design looks currently out of place and most people agree with it and you are defending it with “well it’s because it’s different” argument, really? Can’t it be different and a bit more relevant?

So why is Krieg’s mod like that then and why it doesn’t have 100% Damage Reduction coverage? Krieg’s Battle Mage is a class that suddenly needs some holding back? Too op?

1 Like

Strength has nothing to do with it.

there are 48 votes, and 56% agree with you, so basically you have 27 people that agree with you (assuming you did not vote yourself…) vs 21 that disagree. While it might be the majority of the voters, calling this most people feels like a huge stretch. There is so little participation and it is almost evenly split that it is entirely irrelevant.

it could be, but your proposal removes the difference…

1 Like

Can you stop playing a name game like it’s some bad movie and support your argument with explanation or some kind of examples. First you said that I have limited view of soldier builds but didn’t support it with anything now this. Participate in conversation, please.

Well, come up with your proposal, then. It’s a discussion.

Maybe relevant, maybe not… but imo, the argument “for the sake of difference” feels a bit weird when it comes to balancing something. While homogeneity can be bad, keeping something worse(or better) than the rest just for the sake of being different sounds even worse to me.

I don’t know how much any of that applies here, but one could make the same argument with Skeleton Pet builds for example. That their fragile nature is part of what makes them unique and thus it is fine. But whenever people ask me about Skeleton Pet builds, I just tell them that Skeleton Pet builds are bad compared to the rest due to how fragile they are and that one could just do a build with BlightFiends or ReapSpirits and have an easier time.

Obviously if Skeletons were to get buffed defensively, it would mean reducing offensive capabilities. Let us say it was done via reducing their max summon limit. Would that make them more like other pets? Perhaps. But if it also makes them stronger in power comparable to other Pet builds, I see no harm in it.

6 Likes

I’ll chime in and say this would be the best way to approach it. Make it so that you have to invest heavily in War Cry (something like small increases in DR and increased duration until something like 19/12 or 20/12 where it has 100% uptime and then give good increases in DR for those 2-3 last points) and then have the transmuter remove the damage reduction and instead make it spammable for damage.

I’m largely against Censure’s instant -%RR and damage and was not expecting Ill Omen to have such good damage reduction while it also being a good source of -%RR either. Considering -%RR and damage reduction are the two best stats to have in the game, bar none, giving only certain classes that quality makes them instantly far better than classes who don’t have such luck. Soldier should have large damage reduction as it doesn’t have a readily available source of -%RR, so I don’t know why people are thinking War Cry needs additional downsides outside of that of being attached to Soldier.

I’d say a combination of various equipment mods that give flat CDR and increasing the duration at high overcap so that people who want 100% uptime can look for equipment that gives bonus points to that skill is the best way of making everyone happy.

6 Likes

Yes it is design.

Why do all builds have to have the same advantages? There are things Krieg can do (and has) that Warborn does not. And Rager can cheese the game with hit and run or hit and quickly move on to next target, hardly justifies more WC uptime.

It feels like you want all builds to behave exactly the same according to whatever the word meta means and that would make GD an extremely boring game.

Please keep in mind I don’t have some huge love for War Cry, never did. But it is very powerful

Now, what I think would make War Cry more fun to cast as a CD spell, and more visibly significant:

• Spread some Damage mods to more items (flat or Dot)
  • Increase damage on all the mods
  • Add some dots or flat dmg to main skill, thus maybe encouraging people to invest more (Valinov suggested this)

I used the words fun, and visibility because I think this is the problem. WC has had such a powerful DR effect for so long that people just take it for granted and forget.

So it would really be more impactful for the player to ‘see’ more of what WC does on every cast, not to just cast it all the time and turn it into an even more boring pseudo passive

6 Likes

Bloodrager explicitly shouldn’t get 100% uptime, not when almost all builds with it use Primal Bond, which already gives a healthy amount of %absorption.

+1 to getting actual damage on War Cry. Right now the only good damage mods are the bleeding ones on Conduit and Mark of the Farseer since they can last for the 7 seconds before War Cry recharges. Realistically, it’s only Farseer, since no bleed build is going to break the Bloodrager’s set. All the flat damage mods are trash, like gavel’s 200 flat physical vs 200 bleed/sec for 3 sec. Getting some IT/sec on War Cry might even help Cadence builds’ AoE woes.

1 Like

That´s right and Bleeding Warder already is a beast. If Farseer would be used more…I doubt it because Mark of Consumption is really good.

That’s exactly how I feel. Fear is a powerful venom on the battlefield, what if WC can be spread/contagious like Aether Corruption or Eldritch Fire. But the effect only lingers in 2~3 secs.

3 Likes

How about adding a 0.5 second recharge reduction per 1p to Terrify, which most people don’t use?
If it is still too strong, you can add some disadvantages at the same time. For example, decrease% RtEH or decrease Total Speed.

1 Like

I can see it used with gutripper or some other bleed ranged build, since they have no blade arc access. But since gutripper is middling and soldier bleed builds without blade arc are rare, it’s relegated to the “great items with no other support” pile.

I doubt that uptime is going to be worth the horrendous hassle of having half the mobs run away from you and ruin your clear time, unless you’re a forcewave build.

I think @arcane_undo used it on a successful Gutripper Build and I took it for a Meme-Battle Mage. It´s not a bad item but there are better ones so it isn´t used very often.

1 Like