Female armour

Would love some different armor illusions for female characters. How about that badass corseted armour? A mask for a helm? An awesome wand? Knee high boots? Add some colours: green, blue, pink, purple, yellow.

Why have a female option if they’re just going to look like a hunk of armour in the game?

5 Likes

Because, surprisingly, females exist in the real world to play games such as these.

4 Likes

Why would women dress differently for a fight than men ?

There are plenty of asian games for that… and I always find it annoying / immersion breaking when the women go into battle dressed like a female rapper :wink:

4 Likes

The game is fully moddable so make them yourself.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: I have zero experience with modding/programming/coding.

What about the spellcasters? Summoners?

If they’re dressing the same it seems pointless to have the option.

You can always learn like everyone else who mods the game did.

4 Likes

Way back in 2010 / 11 we had a discussion (thread might not have survived the forum migration), where many people expressed their wish for women wearing armor, which looks like it offers protection. Not that we were a representative group of the audience, but still. Also it’s more efficient for Crate, if they use unisex designs.

Do you feel caster gear looks like regular and heavy armor in GD? Head and torso gear look quite distinct to me. Not to speak of caster off-hands. Then again Crate wanted wizards to be more like battle experts and not the stereotype weaklings. Paired with the dual mastery system and the resulting build flexibility your equipment might not look archetypical. But it is want the devs have envisioned for GD. And if you don’t like the look you visit the illusionist.

1 Like

Well, I obviously touched a nerve. There’s no reason why we can’t have the option. Use if it if you want, don’t use it if you don’t want. There’s more than one demographic that plays the game. That’s my opinion and what I’d like to see.

On that note, I’m going to pour myself a whiskey, put some music on and play the game. Cheers guys.

2 Likes

It probably takes more time to implement those changes relative to they actual gain.

But +1 for the idea anyway, I’d like to see more tits and ass in general!

4 Likes

Noooo, now Medea have to reopen the box of Pandora :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I woke up to eat ice cream and couldn’t go back to sleep, so stumbled upon here…

Personally, I do like the whole grim, dark theme going on and it wouldn’t really make much ingame sense to have stylish sexy fantasy armor like designs. That said, I don’t think some sort of victorian fashion would look out of place. Look at Boobyscilla ffs :stuck_out_tongue:

(Maybe as a Pet set only option and without being available at the illusionist because summoners don’t fight anyways and if it brings more ppl to the pet side, then all the better :smiling_imp:)

6 Likes

More floor mosaics and statues for you then. :stuck_out_tongue:

You just wait for the people who complained about the AoM loading screen image. There are strong opinions across the spectrum on this matter. Without adding anything to the gameplay I doubt Crate will engage in this. Even though Byscilla has set a precedent we never got anything in our hands.

Sorry, if we sounded too dismissive. Sometimes we forum regulars are just too accustomed to the status quo.

Financially Crate is probably in the position to grant you your wish. But even if they outsource it, they still need to invest working hours at their end. Usually they prioritize additions their whole audience benefits from.

2 Likes

:smile: I’m a woman who very much appreciates the topless guy on the loading screen.

I just wanted to dress my female character in some Victorian type gear so I could live vicariously through the game while I’m stuck inside.

4 Likes

While i’m generally against armored bikini stuff for female in games, and i make a lot of female chars ( in Skyrim or example a full set of ebony or Steel Plate armor looked fantastic on female chars, but still people modded them to look like bras ), I can’t argue against Victorian byscilla type armor at all :slight_smile: So far we have the White Wolf loyalist armor but maybe we’ll get `nice Victorian armor as well

3 Likes

Right? It doesn’t have to be sexual. It’s purely for aesthetics too. I may have spent a good deal of my purifiers iron bits at the illusionist for the cowboy look. Covered head to toe to fingertips but I got a lot of enjoyment out of watching him run around the maps.

1 Like

My latest build is Sister Friede and unfortunately, yeah, I’ve found that in GD nearly impossible to make decent female outfit. I’m not complaining, since we don’t have harcuts and stuff I suppose it’s some kind of engine limitation. +1 for the idea, but I highly doubt that devs are going to implement it at the current stage of development.

4 Likes

@enb do you have the white wizzard illusion from loyalist pack 2? I think the chest armor would fit nice

5 Likes

I can relate to this. Back in the day I asked if we will get dresses… I’m totally in favor of female armor getting a more distinct look. Maybe if they will make GD2.

Not sure if it’s a limitation, but I expect a lot of clipping to happen, if women’s gear becomes too wide and puffy. Great if an engine can accomodate to that.

2 Likes

Is this leading back to glowing briarthorn butts?

1 Like