Few Shaman Question

this is my first time theory crafting a build for my own so i have a few questions about the mechanics of a few skills.

1. Does passives like Upheaval proc off of Primal Strike?
  2. Does Upheaval proc Hand of Ultos?
  3. Does " 20% reduced target elemental resistance" means -20% on Fire,Cold and Lightning or 1/3 on each? (Viper devotion)
  4. If i am building a 2H Ranged lighting damage Shaman should i put points on Spirit or Cunning for maximum crit and damage?

No.

If it’s bound to it yes. Upheaval will always crit since it only procs on a crit.

It’s multiplicative. For example, it sounds like you’re thinking of a Lightning character. After all of your -x% Lightning/Elemental resistance are applied:

• If the current enemy resistance is above 0, Viper multiplies it by 0.8.
  • If the current enemy resistance is below 0, Viper multiplies it by 1.2.

Spirit gives you more damage, Cunning gives you more Offensive Ability for hitting/crits easier. Invest in either and Physique as your build needs. Don’t forget gear requirements either.

1 Like

what if i put most points on Cunning and boost Physical and get about 100% physical damage convert to lightning… will it also get %Lightning Damage modifiers?

No it doesn’t work like that. Imo put all possible points into Physique. Get OA to crit to proc Ultos / Tempest / Korvaak from other sources than Cunning. Leave Spirit / Cunning dumps for where you’re more experienced with the game and mechanics. You may still be dumping everything into Physique then.

Btw read the whole official game guide

to complete what TQ said, %damage applies after conversion, so only focus on the final element

can someone please review my build??? and maybe change things to make it better?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gPLOYV

The build in the link is scuffed. No gear there :frowning:
And gear is the most important part of the build.