Fight with Mogdrogen more than once per difficulty

As title say. It would be nice to fight him more than once - it’s possible with every other superboss (and normal boss?) like Callagadra, Crate, Ravager and Lokarr.

I know I can just change some files in save folder but it’s annyoing.

Reasons to fight him more than once:

1. Farming better rolls on his shoulders without walking whole game again (and optimizing character for it). Every other item can be dropped multiples times per character (celestials MIs too).
  2. It’s nice single target dps check, and Ravager is too brutal (Callagadra even more) for some archetypes. There is of course Crucible or dummies but celestials are another variant and variety.
  3. Just fun.

Regards

4 Likes

+1 also
As for legit perspective we can’t alter the save or data files; for example I changed my N&O sorcerer into dw aether one and I wonder if it can kill him but in this case can’t test it since I already did.
Again I also made some changes in my warlord and want to test it but can’t.

And since he is already there; why not? Maybe he wants some revenge :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Exactly, this issue is mostly for legit players who do not want to change save files over and over after every game session. Or copying save files even more to have it on every occassion after changing some things in build. Just add dialogue option (Attack) like Ravager has. Feature like that will not break game in any way so why not?

1 Like

Maybe a “celestial offering” at the Mogdrogen shrine to get him to spawn
once per gameplay (exit game > new game - new spawn) ?.

1 Like

He is always spawned (like Ravager) but there is no dialogue option for fight. Adding this option would be easiest way imo.

1 Like

+1 to an option to repeat the fight.

I agree it would probably be easier to add this option to Mogdrogen’s Avatar at the entrance to the Ancient Grove but tbh I don’t like that area, it’s a bit too small for all the summons he keeps spawing during the fight.

I’d prefer an option to summon him again at the Shrine in Asterkarn, that site is just the perfect battleground. Plus it would make a nice farming route with Ragrathar and the Hidden Path.

There is no need to change location or anything, in next game session he is respawned next to his shrine again. All what is needed to do is dialogue option as I said.

1 Like

yea sorry I forgot he can be in both places at the same time :sweat_smile:

1 Like

In case anyone is interested, this is a mod that changes his dialogue to allow repeating the fight: mogdrogen.zip (6.2 KB) . Ideally this would be integrated into the main game, but this works well enough for me because I almost exclusively use modded characters for testing/benchmarking builds.

2 Likes

@jir682 I have not used mods much (D2 and D3 only) but I guess it require using some additional options in GD stash and I could not to join Crucible with custom character or any changes made in it will not be saved in main character? As I wrote above, making him fight again if someone really wants to is not a problem, just copy save files. Problem is for legit players who want to farm better rolls on his shoulders (they are not bad for primal spirit conjurer) or just test their build on him/fight for pure fun.

@rorschach I have no idea if Crate made any state on it. Guy above showed simple mod to fighting him again so it’s definitely not hard to implement into game with some patch/hotfix. I really hope it will be made live without mods, I don’t see any reason to not to do it.

1 Like

If you are referring to using/moving existing vanilla characters to a custom game then yes, you would need to use GDStash to flag your character as a “mod” character in GDStash. Like so…

That is only the first step tho. The second thing you would need to do is you would need to manually move your characters save folder from “main” to “user” folder, like so…

…and if the user folder does not exist yet you would create this folder and then move the newly flagged character folder into this location.

There is only one way available currently to run “Custom” characters in Crucible. You need to use GrimInternals.

After that you then need to create a shortcut of the GrimInternals executable and then modify the shortcuts properties, like so…

Then whenever you want to run the character in Crucible you would launch this modified shortcut.

So, yes, everything you want is possible to do but there is some initial setup work that needs to be done first. After that tho it is fairly automatic.

2 Likes

You can do that easily!
Just copy the modified ‘npc_mogdrogen.cnv’ file to the ‘Settings’ folder (taking into account the directory structure), so it looks like:
[Grim Dawn installation directory]/settings/conversations/gdareab/npc_mogdrogen.cnv

In this way it will be integrated into the main game.

Alternatively to the above method, if someone using Grim Internals anyway:
just copy the 'Conversations.arc" from the mogdrogen.zip file to the _GrimInternalsData/resources folder.

2 Likes

This method will not work, because the mogdrogen mod contains only a conversation file, but no database and GI checks for a database file. C’est la vie! :innocent:

Hey, it works! :grinning: I did it with griminternals method. I hope anyway Zantai will implement this little feature in next patch so no interference from player will be needed.

1 Like

Yeah I wasn’t completely sure how his file was intended to be used since he wasn’t too clear about that :smile:

It was (in my mind) either put it in the mod folder or overwrite the original conversation file - which wouldn’t make sense since it was nowhere near the same size as the original file.

But interesting to know he can just put it in GrimInternals folder.

Woah, I never knew you could do this without replacing one of the original Conversation.arc files, thanks! Here’s the .cnv file: Conversations.zip (2.8 KB)

1 Like

The _GrimInternalsData folder is actually also a mod and as long as he not overwrites an existing .arc file from Grim Internals it’s safe to copy the file over.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.