[Fire Caster] Taco Bell Defiler - Fire based Ravenous Earth build

They don’t and I was hoping to edit it asap, but I’m still testing so can’t say where those points should go
The original idea was to “get lucky” and proc FE to overwrite Agonizing Flames’ RR as it was 10 flat extra RR
This was reliable in most boss fights
But the fights for which I needed it (Shar’Zul and Grava), it was useless since they don’t summon and are most likely alone.

Move pts into Thermite Mine for the extra RR. The rest will either go to Grenado or Mortar Trap

I’m curious why Bonespike is such a big damage increase. As far as I can tell you can only have one RE active at a time so the cooldown decrease just lets you move it around faster? Or am I missing something.

It also increases the duration of the skill which is why it’s BiS for most RE builds
With some CDR you can have 3 REs up in a single instant and having 2 REs up is a piece of cake thanks to that dagger
The affixes on the Bonespike don’t matter much what matters is the dagger itself (although I would recommend Fire related affixes)

Yah, Imma need this with some extra diablo sauce, mang…

damn thats one smart build there :cool:
tbh i had absolute no idea what to do with this class combo and just gave up

Believe it or not that’s step 1 of theorycrafting :stuck_out_tongue:

Build updated.

What happens if you cast RE or fissure right under the enemy? They take less damage than if you cast right next to them?

Woulda thought cast right under and not have the enemy move was best.

Fissure opens right below us. RE right below your enemy should damage them the most but I often notice projectiles missing. Surrounding the enemy with 2-3 REs is the best way to shotgun them

after talking about another build with you, you made reference to this build of yours, and I must say it looks really fun! I read about your idea to incoorporate the Wendigo devotion and came up with this, but I am not sure if it is an improvement:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w269MrxN

I only rearranged devotions and took all of agonizing flames and 1 of heavy ordnance skill points to put them into foul eruption, as I thought it makes more sense?

I thought the viper devotion should work in this case as well, if I didn’t miss something important? A big downside to this setup is that you are lacking 12% movement speed, which should be noticable.

Maybe scholar’s light and +1 green crossroads would be better than raven as well.

Your setup seems like an improvement to me personally. But yes you do loose out on movespeed and bit of energy but imo that shouldn’t be a big hit

You should know this however that Foul Eruption isn’t a reliable source of RR as it requires Ravenous Earth to kill your enemy to proc Foul Eruption. If Mortar Trap or any other proc kills the enemy then foul eruption doesn’t proc

The Viper RR requires %Weapon damage to be applied to the enemy.

Lastly Ill Omen is the best skill to proc Wendigo. You’ll be leeching off like crazy.

I’ll test your setup at some later point and let you know

I learned much from this, thanks!
Viper working that way is too bad, but at least the %OA and vitality resistance provided are still of value.
Would you have ravenous earth proc fissure then?
I look forward to your results :slight_smile:

edit: one could give up on siphon souls completely in order to boost vinditive flame for movement speed, but I am not sure if that’s worth it at all.
Not to mention blood boil reduces enemy OA as well.

Build update