[Fire/Cold Melee] Nex & Ortus Saboteur

Woohoo! Next & Ortus. I got these babies lying around collecting dust in the shared stash since my first few chars but I never managed to find a way to use them properly. Will give this one a try :smiley:

I hear ya :smiley:

Was very happy when i made this. The build is probably one of my favorite Saboteurs

Iā€™m a little lost on the Dev tree, how were you able to get the torch and leviathan? Iā€™m just having problems getting it to work. Thank you!

Hmm, what do you mean?

I rechecked when I found some time to log into the game I donā€™t think I made a mistake with devotions posted here

Chthon, your devotions are fine.

@Dementia, here is one way to do it:

• on crossroads get red, green and purple
  • owl
  • hawk
  • scholarā€™s light
  • wolverine
  • rhowanā€™s crown
  • jackal
  • bat
  • chariot of the dead
  • ulzuinā€™s torch
  • leviathan

Ah thanks

I see now he wanted directions for the constellation map

Very nice. I donā€™t care how ā€œbadā€ this set is, Nex and Ortus are my favorite items in the game and by God Iā€™m using them!

Blade Burst/Lethal Assault helps this build out a ton in my opinion. This is the only Sacred Balance build besides mine Iā€™ve ever seen that uses it and Iā€™ve always wondered why. Plus the idea of a dual-autoattack build is just so much different from anything else in the game Iā€™ve ever done that I just love that it can actually work as a concept. Gives it a real sense of ā€œscrew convention, this is how Iā€™m playing this game now.ā€

Well I still value end game and some other QoL stuff. This is something Nex v Ortus sorely lacked and which is what made it underpopular

Tried a similar build http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWYonNJ
Survivality is okey`sh but dmg is just not there =( Ive tossed the gear/skill tree, but it still fail to deliver . Funny how 1.0.10 S&B Forcewave Commando outperform that DW Sabo in every possible way - more singletarget dmg, better clearspeed, better survivability.

^ great itemization but unless you invest in RR items such in this case necrosis damage will be lacklusterā€¦ you wanna make sure too to balance out fire and cold damage across the board. I have a similar build as OP but slightly more offensive and the damage is quite highā€¦ the elemental rings do wonders too for aoe and even single trget output and both boost our fire and cold respectively

Ive tried elemental rings, but Akalamos are far better stat-wise.
As for high dmg, what are your numbers? Can it be at least remotely close to Warborn WB?

Nah, dps only close to 60k, but itā€™s not just about sheet damage. If you consider adding more Resist reduction you will feel a big differenceā€¦

I didnt mean sheet dps, just relative killtimes. =) I feel like this build has 1/3 of actual dps of warborne WB with one quater of it survivability =(

not world breaking but averaging 25- 30 seconds fabiusā€¦ normal heroes and mobs just melt, so it does not feel that much slow. and capping blast shield is important for defensesā€¦

Of course it does

Warborn is fully supported end game, this build isnā€™t. Big difference wouldnā€™t you say?

Yeah, its a pain the game dosent encourage mixed-dmg builds. =(

You can push it even to 90k dps and it wonā€™t mean much. That 90k is not as consistent as pure fire sadly

You can push it even to 90k dps and it wonā€™t mean much. That 90k is not as consistent as pure fire sadly. An now with execution nerf, which was TOTALLY OPā€¦meh to all Sabo:undecided:

Thatā€™s the thing with LMB builds that use temporary buffs :undecided:

SS and Scourge Strike builds love temporary buffs but auto-attackers suffer a little

I have started the process of updating my guides. The Grimtool link for the updated version has been added

Please notify me if any of the links is broken in any way

For now itā€™s only the GrimTool Links. I donā€™t have too much time at the moment but will update the write-up at some point. I have around 20+ other build guides to tend to so I am sure you guys can understand

Update:

Level 100 GT Link for Sab added