[Fire/Cold Melee] Nex & Ortus Saboteur

Here I present a Nex v Ortus Saboteur along with a Cold Fire Strike Saboteur.

Grimtools -

Nex vs Ortus Saboteur - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7MLPdN

*Screenshot with Lethal Assault and Pneumatic Burst

Cold Fire Strike Saboteur - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvKB0GZ

*Screenshot with Lethal Assault and Pneumatic Burst

FAQ -

Which one is better?

The Cold variant, you don’t even need to ask. :smiley:

Why not go with Coldstone?

Well I wanted more OA so went with Seal of the Night.

Why not use Amatok on either of the builds?

The nodes of Leviathan are better imo even though Amatok’s shotgun is milestones ahead of Whirlpool. Pick whatever you like, I went with Leviathan for the nodes but you can go with Amatok for Blizzard. Ofc, I don’t mean to imply Whirlpool is a bad proc in any way.

Why not use two Chillflame Evokers?

Ugdenbog Chillstrife’s RR and attack speed rolls make it the better weapon.

Why use Rimetongue Chestpiece?

It has 30% Lightning to Cold conversion that is used to convert portion of Static Strike’s damage to Cold.

Can’t the Nex v Ortus get Fiend?

Sure Flame Torrent is usable here, you just need to sacrifice a few things to get it. I am kinda sick of the proc so didn’t want to use it here.

In Closing-

Credits to Dikkiedik for reminding me that Shadowspark Hood exists in the game and to korsar as the nex v ortus setup’s devotion was inspired by his own setup.

Nex v Ortus has its fair share of problems but overall is pretty fun to tinker with. Be sure to check out Valinov’s Infiltrator variant.

The Cold Fire Strike Saboteur is something I thoroughly enjoyed, it was fun to play with

Both builds were fun and I hope you guys enjoy them as well.

(Reserved)

Reserved for later

Reserved for future use

oh Nex and Ortus build ! this is awesome man !
tried to make it work once, some updates ago and failed pretty hard, never tried again with all the better i had since, but always wondered if it was viable, cause well i dont know why i love those swords and concept, and even more important: look total badass !
sure im gonna try this one !

One day…

…then I’ll have these nice items to make builds around too

Always found these swords very weird, cold based one looks very nice as a stand-alone though.

Multi-elemental damage looks really hard to work with with everything being scattered all over the devotion map, and Sage having such ridiculous requirements that make it only workable with Leviathan on top of not granting a particularly desirable skill imo.

Is bat chosen over fiend because of the ADctH?

I always wanted to make a Nex & Ortus build, but I could never shake the feeling that it would just be a worse version of the Tri-Element Sabo.

This build seems very nice. I just started playing the nightblade mastery, and it seems like a really fun class. I will definitely try this out next!

Very nice gear selection, also Devotion.

This guy gets it

Fuck yeah :cool:

Same opinion about swords, no idea how good they were stand-alone though

Multi-Elemental isn’t hard it’s a bitch to work with :rolleyes:
You’re spot on about Sage, Leviathan’s skill is decent imo. The overall constellation is much better than Sage can ever hope to be

And yes, while i play 1.0.0.7, i try to tune things to 1.0.0.8. And hence tweaked things based on 1.0.0.8 ADCtH nerfs which is the reason i picked Bat.

Thank you, yes NB is a pretty fun to play class

Thank you.

It felt hard sacrificing stuff to arrive at this setup but it was worth it at the end.

Wielding two Nex swords will be interesting when the expansion comes out if the 8th Mastery and the new items can support cold/vitality. I have always been a big fan of its low cooldown proc.

I like the look of this build, nice screeni. btw. geting better by the day :rolleyes:… but my only gripe is that i hate the elemental rings…cuz it destroys my crappy laptop :rolleyes:

Their proc is the only reason I can’t log into that profile too much. Pretty heavy

As for the screen, thank you :wink:

Interesting idea, i’ve been very much interested in Cold/Vitality synergies for a while now

Could someone please post grimcalc without +skills? I tried to substract by myself, but got -2 skill points left.

There is grimcalc without item bonus

Hmm, i will cross check it with my own.

I did a clean install of Windows due to some issues so will get back with the Calc by midnight

Mainly i need to check if i have even attempted the Sentinel Quest (3 bonus skill points - 1 per difficulty)

Even if i haven’t, i know where those pints are supposed to go. So will include them while i am at it :wink:

Also, thanks for taking the time to do this

Updated the calc and added calc w/o bonuses

Made some skill distribution changes for the new patch to get better OA/DA

Overall build is still the same i guess

Also i cleared sentinel quest in all 3 difficulties to give you guys a better idea of final build

I am newb. Began to play this build of saboteur. Huge damage, my favorite DW and ocean of fire.
Question - why take ABB? Do I really need this AOE-skill in this build? Crowds explode very nice with Fire Strike and Explosive Strike.

Fire and Cold need to be in balance more or less. ABB modifier Lethal Assault is global buff (applies to all attacks) and hence adds flat cold damage to fire strike