Fire conversion to Aether to Ascended Casque

I know that GD’s development and support is near the end, but I’d like to squeeze in a suggestion if I’m not too late.

Would it be possible to add fire conversion to aether to Ascended Casque (24% - 36%)?

The reason I ask for this is that I’ve tried to convert 100% fire to aether and add such converted retaliation damage to Drain essence using Spectral War shield. I’ve the following conversion items:
Haunted Vestments: 26% Fire to Aether
Cord of violent decay: 44% Fire to Aether
Ascended shoulderplates: 32% Elemental to Aether

I thought these items would convert 102% of fire to aether, but they don’t, I still have fire damage on my (budget) drain essence (build), probably because F to Ae and Ele to Ae conversions do not mix well for some reason. Because of that is it possible to add conversion I’d suggested?

1 Like

ele and fire/cold/lightn is calculated separately, with ele conversion happening first iirc
so either you need 100% ele conversion or 100% fire conversion, mixing parts of both will always results in leftovers

that said, “always” trying to get 100% conversion isn’t always possible for “everything”, and sometimes we have to make do or be satisfied with that we get,
and 80% conversion isn’t totally terrible anyway, and if not, you can see if you can’t fit in some of these items https://www.grimtools.com/db/advsearch?query=N4Igxg9gdgbgpgJwM4EtoHoBiKFwLQCCcALgBaIgBcoAtilFQIwC%20ANONPMmg9SNrkIlyCKrXpNmUoA

Thank you for the info about the order of conversions and for the list you’ve provided. Hopefully, some of the items listed will drop. :smiley:

1 Like

also note it’s possible for you to get “higher” versions of the ones you have, cord and vestments are near minimum rolled for conversion,
so that’s like a total of 10% you can potentially get extra “easy” just on those 2 same items “refarmed”, (vestments probably easier to refarm ofc - unless the ones you have already have superb affixes tho)
then you just need a single third item to cover the remaining 20% which could for instance be different shoulders

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.